Chapter 19

Two of Me

Just after finishing a radio interview with Ryeowook, Taehyung was told by Manager Song that he had nothing more scheduled for the day. Glancing at his watch, he realized that it was four o'clock. He waved to his manager and dashed out of the company, a cheeky grin forming on his face. He would be able to see Eunkyung today.

Fortunately, Eunkyung was walking towards him on the sidewalk, her eyes on a notepad in her hand. No one was with her – not Iseul or Jin, to Taehyung’s happiness.

“Eunkyung!” Taehyung stepped in front of Eunkyung.

Eunkyung looked up and frowned. “Taehyung Kim?”

The boy’s mouth dropped open, but then he realized that he wasn’t wearing his disguise. He mentally face-palmed. Thankfully, he was wearing a baseball cap from the interview, which hid most of his blonde hair. Then he thought that it would be better this way. He couldn’t keep hanging out with Eunkyung as V.

Arching an eyebrow, Taehyung smirked down at her. “Missed me much? How long has it been – over two weeks? I bet inside, you’re so excited to see me.”

Eunkyung uttered a groan. The soft side of the idol from the party was gone and his arrogant side was back. She side-stepped him. “I’m not interested in your lame humor today, Taehyung.”

“So, what did you do this week while I was sadly unable to stay next to you?” Taehyung asked as he followed her down the sidewalk.

“I studied in the library with Jin Sunbae and ate lunch with Iseul and Hoseok Sunbae. Why would you care?” Eunkyung muttered.

Taehyung bristled. She was alone with Jin in the library? “What is your relationship with that guy?” he exploded.

Eunkyung frowned. “You mean Hoseok Sunbae? Iseul…”

“No! Jin!” Frustration was steaming out of Taehyung’s ears.

Rolling her eyes, the girl snapped, “He’s just a close senior friend. What do you have against him?”

“Just a close senior friend? When he looks at you like you’re the only girl in the world?”

Eunkyung stared at Taehyung strangely. “What are you talking about?”

“I know, okay? Because I feel that same way!” The words just tumbled out of his mouth.

“I don’t get what you’re saying. Stop spewing nonsense.”

Taehyung tried to run a hand through his hair in a frustrated manner, but then he noticed that he was wearing a cap. He glared at the girl. Just how thick was her head?

“You know what?” Eunkyung spoke out. “Could you please stop coming up to me and talking to me? I’m afraid that people will misunderstand.” She stopped walking and turned to face the idol. She took a deep breath. “I really mean it. If someone happens to take a photo, the press will come after me. My whole life will turn upside down. People I know are going to start treating me differently and your fans will come after my neck. I just want to live a normal life, okay?”

Biting his lip, Taehyung could do nothing but selfishly shake his head. “If they come after you, I’ll protect you,” he vowed. He couldn’t bear never seeing her again.

“You don’t understand!” She stormed away, leaving him standing on the sidewalk stewing in a void of emotions. Before she was gone, Taehyung could hear her mutter under her breath, “Why did it have to be him who greeted me after class today? Why couldn’t it have been V?”

 


Thank you commenters for your encouraging feedback!! :)