SUSPICIONS AND DOUBTS

Too Fast To Live, Too Young To Die

| S U S P I C I O N S   A N D   D O U B T S |

 

Sandara watched as the cars moved along the road through the glass wall of the café where she was at the moment. The waiteress came with her macchiato and blueberry cheesecake and left quickly to attend to the other costumers right after. Her attention returned to the outside scenery.

 

Her mind is occupied with a lot of things. She is recovering from her injury but not yet with the complications she had with her plan. Hyo Rin is right for calling her selfish. And she's Hare.

 

It's her code name she hated the most. That name symbolizes the ruthless, cold-blooded criminal, selfish, greedy and heartless façade of her being. She didn't like it for it was the person connected to the gang. And she is Sandara.

 

Sandara wants peace. She is innocent and genuine. She's a girl who dreamed big.

 

Her personalities clashed together. She hated the other while she wanted to achieve the other one. When she was Hare, she doesn't care of people around her. She kills. She's dark. She's a self-centered . While Sandara gives her hope. She's honest. She values and cares for the people dear to her.

 

She may born as Sandara but she grew up like Hare.

 

Nevertheless, as she keeps on preserving Sandara, the more Hare is coming out. She realized it after thinking through with everything Bom said to her. As much she hated being Hare, she's becoming one.

 

However, she cannot turn her back now. The plan is all laid out. For the last time, she will be Hare. For the last time, she will be selfish.

 

"Sandy?! Is that you?" A voice intervenes her trail of thoughts, calling by her nickname when she was in abroad.

 

Sandara looked up and her eyes widens with so much joy upon seeing the person calling her name. She excitedly stand up and hug the latter.

 

"Oh my God! Ilwoo-yah!" she greeted the person merrily.

 

"I knew it was you. Gosh! You're so pretty! It's been a while. How are you, babe?" Ilwoo asked as they occupy their seat.

 

She smiled. "I'm fine. You looked good as well. But let met get you something first. Latte, right?" she offered and signaled for the waitress.

 

"Ah! You still remember my favorite. I'm so touch, honey. Just add some red velvet muffin for me," he said.

 

"Of course, how can I forget about you? We had been together for about what? Five years?" she said as a matter-of-fact.

 

"Ani. Don't get me start with numbers. You know I am not fond of it."

 

Sandara giggled. "You haven't change. You're really funny. That's why I like you so much. By the way, what are you doing here at Seoul? In Gwangju in particular," she asked curiously.

 

Ilwoo smiled at the waitress when she came up with his order first before turning to her. "I have a business to attend here. You know, I have a friend around the town and she's opening up a clothing line. She asked me for some professional advice."

 

"Oh, that's nice. For how long will you be here?"

 

"Two weeks top. Why?"

 

"What why? Of course, I want to be with you for we haven't seen each other for a long time. Let's catch up with each other before you leave. Are you perhaps leaving the country?"

 

"That sounds good. Yeah. Let's bond together since I miss you too, sweety. And yes. Unfortunately, I have to return to New York. I still have job to be done in MK House."

 

"Speaking of, what is your job there?"

 

"I design bag, mi amore."

 

"Really?! That's awesome, Ilwoo-yah. Congratulations! I actually didn't expect you to get employed. But look at you now, you're a pro!"

 

Ilwoo scowled at her which just laughed off. "Yah! I'm great you know." He pouted. "How about you? What are you keeping busy with, darling?"

 

She stiffened. Of course, he doesn't know that she's part of a huge mob group in the country and possibly the next leader. She cannot tell him about her shenanigans. Ilwoo will be scandalize if she'll tell him that she sells drugs, imports illegal ammunitions, running gambling den and such unlawful acts. It will traumatized him for sure.

 

"Family business," she went for a short and safe response.

 

"Oh, yeah. I remember you told me about that. So how's business so far? I didn't know you came back to Korea."

 

"It's okay. We haven't talk for so long. I just returned as well."

 

They converse at anything after that until it's time to go home. She honestly enjoyed his company and for a moment, she forgot her own dilemma.

 

"It's nice to see you again, Sandy bella," Ilwoo said while pecking her cheeks when they went out to the parking lot in front of the café.

 

"Ditto, Ilwoo-yah. Call me, okay?" she said and hugs him for the last time before they went to their separate cars.

 

Sandara waved him goodbye and climbs in her new posh car. She pulled out the drive way and speeds away. She plans to drop by at Hyo Rin first to get an update before going back to the mansion.

 

***

 

Jiyong watched her car drove away from the passenger seat window of the black Sedan car Youngbae was driving. It was a great coincidence seeing Sandara in the café while he and his best friend driving around Gwangju doing some gang errands.

 

Hurt... It ing hurts to witness such scene between the woman he loves and some guy being so affectionate with each other.

 

Jealousy eats him whole. He felt betrayed.

 

Questions keep running through his mind. He cannot help but to assume that Sandara is in secret relationship with the guy. Is he the reason why she doesn't want to marry me? Is it because she has someone else? Is he the reason why she lied to him? Those are the unnecessary thoughts ringing through the brain cells inside his head.

 

His chest throbs in pain. Jiyong shakes his head and inwardly calm himself. He doesn't want to be pessimistic and presume things. He should be rational and maybe confront Sandara.

 

Yes. He should not think rashly. He should ask her first. That's the right thing to do.

 

However, can he handle the truth? What shall he do if ever Sandara confirms his accusations?

 

He lets out a exasperated sigh. This is all confusing and giving him a massive headache.

 

"Ji? You alright, man?" Youngbae asked on his side.

 

Jiyong turns to his worried best friend and nod.

 

"Sure?" he asked still wearing his concerned and sympathetic expression on his face.

 

"I'm fine, Bae. Let's go back to headquarters."

 

Youngbae was about to say something but he chose to keep quiet, seeing his somber look. He drove them back to their headquarters while giving him a side ways glance from the steering wheel. Jiyong just ignored him and focused his gaze at the scenery outside the window with a heavy sigh.

 

They only separate upon arriving in the headquarters. Jiyong climbs out the car and went straight ahead inside though stoically. His mood became gloomy and dark somber aura seemed surrounds him. It's as if he's carrying a big heavy weight on his shoulder.

 

Youngbae watched his best friend by gaze pitifully. He's probably hurting by now. He too doesn't know what to think from what they have seen earlier. And he knew that Jiyong is far from being fine. If only he could do something for him to ease his pain...

 

He decided to revive the car and leave instead. Right now, Jiyong wants to be alone. He'll just talk to him if he's ready.

 

***

 

A visible deep frown marred Sandara's forehead while reading the file in her hands. It was a research information Hyo Rin did about Legion Tail. Scorpio is one of the best asset of the gang. She had known her when she was looking for an information about the western mafia in New York. She helped her with that deal and she is highly impressed.

 

"Legion Tail's operations run in the market for six years now. They prospered pretty fast actually. They started as a small time swindlers. Look at this part," Hyo Rin pointed at the chart level drawn in the file. "See? Only after 2005 Legion Tail gained a lot assets on their gambling business. The progress ascends until now."

 

"It's quite suspicious. How come they progresses this much for six years?" Sandara looked through the copy and her eyes caught something. "Wait, their leader was in prison for the last three years until bailed out during late 2004?"

 

"Neh. He was jailed with the grounds of illegal gambling during a raid planned by Detective Cha Dun Goo around 2001. Some stash of illegal drugs were also found and fake permits. Misuse and possession of illegal drugs, falsification of documents were added to his case. The verdict is guilty after few trials because of the strong evidence of the prosecutor. Twenty years of imprisonment should be his punishment and a hundred thousand won as a fine. Technically, all his assets drought when he got to jail. It is bailable but he couldn't afford it so he stayed inside the jail for three years until he was bailed."

 

Sandara looked at Hyo Rin with furrowed brows. "Have you known who bailed him out?"

 

Hyo Rin shook her head.

 

"It was confidential. I tried to hack the police records but the information about Blade is all deleted. It's as if he wasn't in the record at all."

 

"What?! How come? That's impossible!"

 

"I can't believe it too. Just like you, I'm wondering as well."

 

"But what about his business? How did he able to raised such fund to provide his gang and their deeds from nothing?"

 

"Apparently, Blade has a secret account under the name Shin Seung Won. When I dig up more, I found out that it was his real name. Social security number: 00003357-879 / Shin Seung Won / 41 years old / Divorced with his ex-beau Goo Kyung Min / no child listed. His ex spouse filed a divorce six months after their marriage because she found out about his illegal business. After the court favored Goo, Blade and his wife separated ways. But after a year, Blade found out that Kyung Min is in a relationship with Kang Seungho."

 

"Wait?! Kang Seungho?! As in our Kang Seungho?" Sandara cuts her.

 

"Yes."

 

"What the?!"

 

"Get the picture now? I think he is doing this because of revenge."

 

"But what's got the gang to do with it? He only has a problem with Seungho."

 

"Not in his case. Seungho is part of our gang. Ssang Yong Pa is powerful. Imagine if he will come after Seungho? The latter has protection because he is our member. He cannot stand a chance."

 

"So this is his plan huh? He waited for years to gain power and now he is after us?"

 

"Good guess, Hare." Hyo Rin smirked. "But G-Dragon already guessed it right."

 

Sandara frowned at her. "What do you mean Jiyong did?"

 

"Oh, you don't know? They already planning to visit our little neighbor this coming Saturday."

 

"What?! How come I didn't know?"

 

Hyo Rin shrugs. "He had it known already before you came in the picture. He just gave him a field day. Your ambush was the last straw."

 

She blinked in disbelief. Jiyong had it known for so long. But why he acted like he didn't know? Why did he hide it from her? She looked like a fool.

 

"Why did you just tell me that now?" She demanded at Scorpio with her voice raising at notch.

 

"I don't know the exact plan of G-Dragon. My job is to get information. You ask me to research about the attacks and Legion Tail. I gave you my service in full honesty. If you had ask me to dig on G-Dragon's plan then I would have complied. Being a spy inside the gang is not my job. I am a member of Double Dragons. I work as an asset of the gang. Don't make me betray my own family, Hare. I'm helping you now because you're my boss. This is my limitation."

 

She stiffened and words suddenly stuck up on . She wanted to reasoned out but Scorpio's words hit her hard. It was only her plan to leave the gang. Hyo Rin is only helping her because she ask for it. As her boss, she was entitled to comply even if she doesn't want to. She is right. She's getting unreasonable. Hyo Rin's job will be at stake here.

 

"I'm sorry." Sandara looked away shamefully.

 

Hyo Rin sighs deeply. "I hate to say this, Hare. But this is the last time I'm giving you information. I will get my hands off your plans. I don't want to add more to the guilt I'm feeling right now. I won't say anything as a courtesy to you. But if they were to find out and ask me, I'm sorry but I will speak. I won't lie anymore."

 

Sandara nodded. "I understand. I'm sorry for involving you with my selfish plan. You're a good asset to Ssang Yong Pa, Hyo Rin." She stood up and gathered the files. "Thank you for the job well done. And for being a friend to me. I know you do not approve my ways but please know that I am very thankful for the gang. I will never forget what it thought me. But my dream is bigger than the gang could provide to me. I'm sorry."

 

Hyo Rin didn't say anything and that's her queue to leave. She turned around and paces towards the door. She was about to go out when she heard Hyo Rin one last time.

 

"I sincerely hope that you'll be happy with the path you have chosen, Sandara. I truly am."

 

And she was out.

 

***

 

A slight snickering of foot hid in the dark corner of Scorpio's unit, watching as the rightful heiress of the gang left the vicinity. She didn't notice him as Sandara passes by his way. He did a perfect job conceiling himself in the dark.

 

After making sure that the hallway is isolated, the man steps in the light. A deep frown marred his expression while looking at the direction where Hare has taken. Then he looked back at the door where she came out.

 

"What are you doing here, Sandara?" He thought curiously.

 

He heard a sound then the door clicked open suddenly. It revealed Hyo Rin who was surprised to see him standing there.

 

He smiled innocently. "Hi, love!"

 

Hyo Rin stared at him dumbfoundedly.

 

"Youngbae?!"

 

 

 

Updated! I just came from a tiring day at PBS. Dara unnie is so pretty in person. Have you watched her performance at PBS yesterday?! DAMN GIRL! That's our unnie~~ Who says she's not y at all?! That's how you slay btches! Hahaha. I can hear a fuming dragon somewhere~~ kekeke ~~ Anyway, Where's the people here in AFF? I barely see you guys? Where are you?!

xxx,

bonapaix

 

disclaimer:

This is a work of fiction. I do not wish to offend any culture or flount any norm in writing this story. Please reminded that it was made out of the author's imagination. Do not repost on other site. Do Not plagiarize any work you do not own. Similar work is not meant to be copied.

|info source:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kkangpae|