Disappointed

Romeo and Juliet

"All the best and don't forget to call me when you got the results." Doojoon's mum said while adjusting his collar.

"Araso Umma.Let's go Jaeah. If not we'll be late."

You just nod your head and follow behind. 

Both of you were silence while walking towards the busstop. Doojoon glanced at you and wondered why you were so quiet.

"Are you nervous Jaeah? You've been so quiet since this morning at breakfast." Doojoon tried breaking the silence.

"I guess... so.." you stammered 

"Don't worry. You'll do fine. Anyway you did your best, that's what matter." Doojoon assured you, putting his arm over your shoulders.

*I wish I did* you thought to yourself.

 

Everyone was at the hall, waiting nervously for the results. Finally your name was called. You went towards your teacher and took your paper. You went back to your seat. You slowly took a peek at your results.

* I knew it* you thought in your head.

"Yah Song Jaeah, how's your result?" Doojoon came from behind you, looking so happy. It must be he did well. Of course he would, he's a smart kid.

"What's with that expression." He asked you.

You just stood there not responding. Doojoon slowly took the results slip from your hand. 

"Jaeah ah. It's ok. There's always another chance. At least you did your best." Doojoon consoled you.

"Yah look at the bright side. At least you didn't just give up. I can always teach you again Don't worry." he continued. 

However you just remained silence, looking down on the floor.

"Congratulations Doojoon. As expected you did well like always. And as for you Song Jaeah. You should have at least study." the discipline master looked at you.

"Mr Kim, you shouldn't say that. I'm sure Jaeah did her best in answering all the questions." Doojoon defended you.

"What do you mean she did her best. She didn't even answer 70% of the paper. Most of it were blank." 

Doojoon looked at you in shocked. You took a glance at his face and you knew how disappointed he was at you.


 

"Doojoon ah, come out and eat dinner." his mum called him. However he refused to come out.

"He's still not going to come out I guess. Let's just eat Jaeah." his dad told you to just start eating.

You just forced a smile and eat your dinner.

It's been one week since the released of results and Doojoon had been ignoring you ever since. He's definitely was disappointed in you if it was this bad. He had never not talked to you this long.

"Ah Jaeah, did Doojoon told you which university he applied to?" his mum asked you.

"Aniyo." 

"He applied for Seoul University."

"That's good. That was his dream."

"So are you going to retake the exam?" Mr Yoon asked.

"Most probably not. I might just looked for a job." 

"Whatever it is, do what makes you happy. We will always respect your decisions." they added.

"Komowoyo eomeoni, appeuji."

You were glad to have supportive people in your life. It's not Doojoon's fault if he was upset. You deserved to be ignored. He did his best for you but you never even took an effort to try.

You went back to your house and went inside your room. You looked out of your window. Usually from your window, you will be able to see Doojoon's room cause his room was opposite yours. Since young, both of you will keep your window curtain open as usually you guys will send notes to each other, shortcut late night snacks via the 'basket system' but the main purpose now was to keep a lookout for you, since you live alone in your house. However since he's upset at you, his curtain had been closed for a week.

Truthfully inside, you were a bit hurt by his actions. However, you're in no position to be upset at him.

"Yah Yoon Doojoon don't do this to me. At least scold me or something." you said to yourself, tears falling while looking at his window.