Encounter

Romeo and Juliet

You were at work today. It had been a few days since you met your boss Kikwang. You looked around to see if he was here, but there was no sign of him anywhere.

You received a text from Doojoon.

*Jaeah I'm sorry but I think I have to cancel our plan tonight. I have to accompany Minjoo to buy books for classes. So sorry.*

You felt a bit sad but you remember what Minjoo said. You should be happy for Doojoon.

*Araso. No worries.* you replied him back.

Kikwang finally came in the store and you don't know why you felt happy seeing him. You felt that after the incident that day,he's not as bad as what you thought, well except for the frequent teasing he did to you, but that was manageable.

You wanted to talk something to him but he wasn't making eye contact with you. He seem like he was purposely ignoring you.

Hence you just continue doing your work. 

You sense that Kikwang would occasionally looked at you too but he wasn't making any effort to start a conversation with you.

*Is he angry for what happened the other day?* you thought to yourself.

The stocks for the ingredients arrived and he assigned the staffs to their respective jobs.

"Kisook, Kibum, you both can stack up the ingredients. Junyeong, you can count the stocks." He split the task. However he skip you and didn't assigned any task to you.

"What about me? you asked Kikwang, while the rest continue with their task.

"Ermm for you, I think you should just follow me around." 

"Ne??" you were confused.

He laughed seeing your reaction. 

*Bwoya, he's definitely teasing me again.* you thought to yourself, but it didn't disturb you cause you were glad he finally spoken to you.

"How's your leg?" he asked you.

"It's already fine. I can finally run again." 

"You?"

"Me? Ah my eyes is already fine." 

"I'm sorry about my friend, Doojoon." you apologised to him.

"He's definitely something. The punch was strong." He laughed.

"Mianhe, I don't know why he did that. I felt so bad. Just tell me what you want. I'll do anything to repay what he did to you." 

"Anything?" he asked you.

"Yes. Anything." you assured.

"Ok, since you said anything. Pay me $10,000."

"Bwo?!" you sounded shocked hearing his request.

"Wae you said anything earlier." 

"But that's a bit....araso..." you regret saying what you said and started worrying where to find the money.

Kikwang smiled seeing you getting worried.

"I'm only joking." he laughed.

"But I do have one thing I want from you." 

You were relieved it was only a joke.

"Have dinner with me tonight." this time he sounded serious.

You looked at him. *Is he asking me out?* you asked yourself.

You suddenly remembered that your plan with Doojoon was cancel, so you're free.

"Araso." 

"Great. So that's a date. Seeyou after work." he smiled at you.

You smile back at him.


 

"Minjoo let's eat at this shop. I always go here and their kimchi is the best." Doojoon suggested.

Minjoo just happily agreed to Doojoon's suggestion.

They both went into the shop. 

"Let's go eat somewhere else." Doojoon said, his facial expression changed.

"Wae?" Minjoo looked around and she realised the reason.

She went to a table.

"Minjoo ah." Doojoon tried to stop her but she already make her move.

"Annyeong Jaeah." Minjoo said to you who was with Kikwang eating.

"Ohh Minjoo shi." you were quite surprised to see her cause you thought she would be with Doojoon.

"Is it ok if we join you guys and eat?" she asked.

"It's fine." Kikwang put his bag down and let her.

"Doojoon ah. Here." she called him to join.

Doojoon who was standing at the entrance didn't want to move but he had no choice but to just go.

Minjoo sat next to you and Doojoon sat in front of her.

Both Doojoon and you looked at each other.

Minjoo realised this and try to distract him.

"Oh look like you have someone here. Is this your boyfriend?" Minjoo asked you.

"Aniyo, He's my boss, Mr Kikwang." you introduced him.

"Kikwang." he introduced himself to Minjoo.

"I guess you should know me by now." he said to Doojoon who seem displeased seeing him.

"Oh you both met before?" Minjoo asked Kikwang.

"Long story." Kikwang explained to her. Doojoon just remained silent.

"I'm MInjoo, Doojoon's friend." she introduced herself.

"It's been quite a while since I have met you Jaeah." she said to you.

"Bwo? You two met before?" Doojoon sounded surprised cause he didn't introduce Minjoo to you before and you didn't said anything about meeting Minjoo.

"We met at the cafe. In fact we're partner in crime now. Right Jaeah?" Minjoo nudged your elbow.

You just smiled and looked down. Doojoon looked at you.

"We should probably start eating." Minjoo smiled at Doojoon.

Doojoon grabbed the kimchi, intending to put on your bowl since he knew that you like the kimchi here. But before he could even put, Kikwang gave a chicken to you.

"Jaeah shi, you should eat this." he placed the chicken in your bowl. You just smiled.

In the end, Doojoon just ate the kimchi he intended to give to you, looking away.

"Doojoon eat this." Minjoo put a side dishes on his bowl. He just smiled at her. You looked at him and then look at your bowl.

"I'm going to the washroom." you said to Kikwang after finishing eating. Kikwang just nod and let you go. Doojoon looked at you when you were heading to the washroom.

Minjoo saw it and decided to go to the washroom too.

"I'm going to the washroom too." she said and followed after you.

Kikwang and Doojoon were left alone.

 

You was washing your hands and Minjoo came out from the cubicle and wash her hands next to you.

"I'm finally making progress right?" she asked you.

"Ne?" you don't understand what she meant.

"In tackling Doojoon." 

"I guess so." you dried your hand.

"You know that guy is not that bad. I think he likes you." 

"No way. He's just my boss." 

"Wae, love can happen to anyone." 

You just smiled at Minjoo and went out from the washroom.

 

Doojoon and Kikwang who was left alone was awkward with each other.

"Why are you with her?" Doojoon asked Kikwang without looking at him.

"It's just having dinner. What's wrong with that?" he replied back.

"Everything. If you have any funny thoughts over Jaeah, I think you should get rid of it." 

"Funny thoughts? Like liking her?" Kikwang said to Doojoon.

"You know what I mean and don't get your hopes high." 

"Wae? Why can't I get my hopes high? You never know what may happen in the future. And by that, as a man I am saying about liking her."

Doojoon curled his fist hearing Kikwang said that.

"What were you both talking about?" you asked the both of them, back from the washroom.

"Nothing. Just having a man to man talk." Kikwang looked at you smiling.

You looked at Doojoon who seemed unhappy.

The four of you then left the shop.

"That was nice. I guess we'll be going off first. Doojoon and me have to go find some books. Right Doojoon?" Minjoo hold Doojoon's arm casually. 

You look at her casually linking her hands around Doojoon's arm. Minjoo looked pleased seeing your reaction.

"We'll get going too." Kikwang continued. Both you and Doojoon just remained silent looking at each other.

Minjoo and Doojoon went the other way and left you and Kikwang behind.

You looked at both them leaving behind. You felt quite sad seeing Doojoon's back, leaving with someone else.

"We should get going too." Kikwang said to you. 

Both of you left and went inside his car.


 

"What about this book?" Minjoo asked Doojoon. However he wasn't paying attention. His mind seems to be at somewhere else.

Minjoo was talking to him but he didn't hear her once again.

"Doojoon ah!" she got irritated.

"Ne? Did you say something?" he finally realised.

"Bwoya. What are you thinking of this time? Don't say Jaeah?" Minjoo sulked thinking that he most probably was thinking about you.

"Ani. Let's just get this book." he took the book from Minjoo and paid.

Both of them left the shop.

"You know I think Jaeah's boss like her." Minjoo said to Doojoon.

"Why you say that?"

"It's so obvious, and I think Jaeah like him too." 

"How will you even know Jaeah like him too? I don't think so." Doojoon disagree with her.

"Yah, I am a female, I know how Jaeah feel. If she like him, as a best friend you should be happy for her." 

Doojoon remained silent after hearing what Minjoo said.

 

You and Kikwang were at Han River eating icecream.

"Let's sit there." He pointed to a bench.

Both of you were eating icecream and laughing.

"Are you and Doojoon close?" he asked you suddenly.

"Super close. We known each other since we were 4. He's the closest friend I have. He always say he know me more than I know myself." you laughed remembering what Doojoon always said to you.

"You like him?" he asked you. You were surprised by his sudden question.

"I do. But only as a friend." you sighed looking at the river.

"Really?" he asked you again.

You just nod your head. 

"I don't know if I should ask you this, but I was wondering what happened to your parents." Kikwang looked at you.

You remained silent.

"You know you don't have to tell me about it if you don't want to." he said to you.

"My mum passed away when I was 11, due to cancer. Then it was only my dad and I. When I was 13, my dad went missing. That was the last I saw of him." you looked down.

"I don't know if my dad is still alive or not, but I am sure he's out there somewhere. I am still looking for him, even if it is just his body left." you looked at Kikwang sighing.

"I hope you will find your dad soon." he hold your hand feeling sympathy for you.

He looked at you.

"Can I ask you for another favour?" he asked you.

You looked at him wondering what it was.

"Let me be part of your life." he looked at you sounding serious.

"I want to know more about you. So is there any space left for me in your life?" he looked at you for an answer.

You just looked at him suprised by his sudden request. 

 

Hi guys hope you like the storyline so far. I've been writing the story while listening to Beast 'When I miss you' and I think it really fit the storyline. Hope you guys like this story and do give your comments.

Thank you for reading!