Reconcile?

Romeo and Juliet

"Good morning eomeoni, appeuji." you said as you enter the Yoon's household for breakfast.

You sat down at the dining table waiting for breakfast to be served. You looked at Doojoon's bedroom door. It had been closed for a more than a week. And following with the conversation you had with him last 3 days, made things even worse.

The house phone rang and you went to pick up the call.

"Yobosaeyo, this is the Yoon's household. Eomeoni? Wait a minute." you said to the caller, calling eomeoni as it was a call for her.

Eomeoni picked up the phone and you continue with whatever you were doing earlier.

Suddenly, eomeoni was crying, sounding worried. Both appeuji and you looked at her wondering what happened.

She put down the phone and start telling appeuji to pack his bags.

"Your umma is sick. Go and pack your bags. We're going to Daegu." she said to her husband.

Doojoon came out of his room upon hearing the commotion.

"Take care of the house. Umma and Appa is going to Daegu to see your haelmeoni." she said to Doojoon.

"I'm following too." he said.

"No. You stay here and take care of Jaeah. And also the results for your university application will be released around this week. So it's better if you stay here." 

Doojoon nod his head and looked at you.

Before leaving, eomeoni briefly told you where the side dishes were and all the food items.

She even reminded you again before leaving the house.

"Jaeah don't forget where the side dishes are."

"Eomeoni, don't worry. I won't let both of us starved."  you said to her before sending both of them off.

"And you young man, take care of the house and also Jaeah. I don't know what happened between the both of you recently but take this time to reconcile. And I expect all to be fine before I get back home in a few days."

Both you and Doojoon remained silence.

They got into a taxi and you both bid them goodbye.

So now it's left with you two alone. Awkward.

"Eomeoni actually prepared breakfast.We should eat it." you said to him.

He nod his head and sat down to eat.

The entire time, both of you were silenced and eyes were fixed on your bowls.

*This is so not like us* you thought to yourself. 

Both of you finish eating.

"I'll washed the plates today." he said.

"Then I'll clear the table." you offered.

Both of you did your respective jobs.

When you were clearing the table, your phone rang.

"Yobosaeyo? Yes, I am Song Jaeah."

"Tomorrow? Tomorrow will be fine for an job interview." you continued.

Doojoon overhead your conversation.

*Interview? She didn't even told me she applied for a job.* he thought to himself while cleaning the plates.

"Ok. Thank you. Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow." you ended the call.

"Woohoo! Asa!" you got excited and started dancing on the spot.

"Are you that happy?" he asked, taking out the gloves after finishing washing.

For a moment you forgot that he was there and stopped dancing. 

"You applied for a job?" he asked.

"Yup. At a cafe in mokdong."

"Araso."

You thought he seemed uninterested but he continue talking.

"Your first impression count. So wear something presentable and don't forget to TRY your best and NOT give up." emphasising on those words.

You knew he was low key being sarcastic, reminding you regarding your previous action. However you just smiled awkwardly.

 

Time past and you got bored. You sat on the couch and watched the tv. You were watching tv when Doojoon got out from his room and joined you.

*Ok is he being nice accompanying me or what.* you thought to yourself.

It was pretty awkward but he seem fine so you just played along with it.

To be honest, you miss talking to him like usual but maybe it will take time to get back to normal.

His phone suddenly vibrate and he took a look at it.

"DAEBAK!" he shouted standing up from his seat.

You were shocked seeing him so excited. You wonder what was he so happy about.

"I GOT IT!" 

"Got what?"

"I GOT ACCEPTED INTO SEOUL UNIVERSITY!" 

'OMG!" you were so happy for him that you also stood up, hold his hands and both of you started twirling around.

He suddenly hugged you.

You were shocked and just stayed at that position, not knowing how to reciprocate.

"You know how happy I am." he said still hugging you.

"I.. kn..know.." you stuttered. 

It took him awhile before he let you go.

"Why is your face red?" he asked.

"Eh?" you touched your cheeks.

"Ani. I gotta go. Seeyou later." you left his house.

You felt your heartbeat. 

*What's wrong with me?* you thought to yourself.