Interview

Romeo and Juliet

You woke up early today to prepare breakfast since eomeoni was in Daegu and also as it was your interview day.

You enter the Yoon's house and head to the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

As you were looking for the ingredients, you could hear the door opening.

"You're awake early." Doojoon said while rubbing his eyes.

"So are you."

"Move aside. Let me do it." he said.

"Ani, let me do it." you protest. 

"Go and sleep in the couch. You'll need more energy for the interview today. I'll cook breakfast today. And since when did you wake up so early?" 

"Haha so funny." you said to him sarcastically. 

"Move aside." he grabbed the egg from you.

"Did you forget how badly you can't cook?" you asked him.

He looked at you.

"Yah you aren't any better, you almost burnt the kitchen." he said to you.

You tried to act to punch him. He stick his tongue out at you.

"Let's cook together." he suggested.

"Cool." and you both did the fist bump that you always did.

You both started cooking the egg. It was just an egg but both of you were cooking as if it was Masterchef Korea.

"Yah the egg is burn!" you scolded him.

"Aishhh" he off the stove.

You both looked at the burnt egg and then looked at each other.

Both of you laughed at how bad you guys were at cooking.

"Yah let's just eat bread." Doojoon suggested.

Breakfast was different this morning. You both were finally talking to each other laughing at the old memories.

You were happy that you finally got your best friend back. Usually you will be the one talking the most while Doojoon listen to you. However this morning you just smile and let him do the talking.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" he asked.

"Ani. No reason."

"Yah I know I am handsome but-"

"Komowo."

"Eh?"

"Komowo. Thank you for always being there for me even when I didn't deserve it. That day you asked me what you are to me. I've been thinking of that all these while and truthfully you mean a lot to me Doojoon."

Doojoon just looked at you in silenced.

"It's ok if other people think I am a rebel with no future or whatever but what you think of me matter." you continued.

"I may not show that I care but inside you know that I really do." you finished your sentence.

"Yah, you think I just know you yesterday? I have known you since we were 4. I know you better than you know yourself." he sticked his tongue out at you.

You just smiled at him.

"Kaja. Let's clear up and you have an interview to go." he continued.

You nod your head and the both of you started cleaning up the table.


 

"You know you don't have to follow me to the interview." 

"Wae? I want to." 

"Araso."

You slipped on your earpiece and listen to your playlist. Doojoon took one of the side and slipped it on his ear.

"Beast? You're listening to them?"

"Ya wae? They are good." you said.

He showed you the thumbs down sign.

You took the earpiece from his ear and listened alone.

 

Both of you finally reached the cafe. Doojoon waited for you at one of the table while reading a magazine.

You went inside with the staff for the interview.

While waiting for you, Doojoon decided to buy a drink.

Holding a cup of americano, he returned back to his seat. He suddenly bumped into a lady who was busy on her phone.

"I'm sorry. I didn't see properly.It's my fault. I was busy on my phone." the lady said to him, as the americano had spilled on his shirt.

"Aniyo, it's my fault too. I should have looked in front. Now your dress is stain also." 

*Wow not bad, pretty* Doojoon thought to himself.

"Perhaps there's a way I should repay you." she offered. 

"Aniyo don't worry about it. Small matter."

"Andwae, I will feel bad. Wait a minute I have to take this call." the lady went ahead to pick up the call.

Doojoon waited at his spot and observe the lady. 

*Oh she has a tattoo with initial 'm' on her wrist*

"Sorry to keep you waiting but I'm actually in a rush. I will repay you another time when we meet. I'm really sorry. Bye." the lady left the cafe.

"Wait, but i have yet to know--" the lady left the cafe before Doojoon could even finish his sentence.

"Know your name." he continued but too bad the lady was already out of sight.

You came out from the interview with the staff and said thankyou and went towards Doojoon.

"How was it?" 

"It was fine they will get back to me in a few days if I get the job. What's with your shirt?" you noticed the stained on his shirt.

"Nothing. Kaja. Let's go." he grabbed your hand and both of you exit the cafe.


 

'Yah Yoon Doojoon, where are you bringing me?" 

"Be quiet. Just follow me.

Both of you suddenly stopped at the marketplace.

You looked at him.

"This is our destination?" you asked him unamazed.

"There's something that I have to show you." he pulled your hand,dragging you inside the market.

Both of you sat down in front of a tteokbokki stall.

"Ahjumma, 2 servings of tteokbokki please." Doojoon said to the ahjumma.

"Oh, look that you have company today. Is this pretty lady your girlfriend?" she asked Doojoon.

"Ani he's--" you tried to protest but was cut off by Doojoon.

"Yes, this is my girlfriend, Song Jaeah." he said to the ahjumma while putting his arm over your shoulder.

You gave him the death glare. Like what is this guy thinking.

"Aigooo. Here's some free serving of soondae. Eat a lot with your girlfriend." she said happily to Doojoon, winking at him.

Doojoon winked back at her. You were thinking what's wrong with the 2 of them.

You both thanked her for the food. Doojoon waited for you to eat the tteokbokki, anticapating for your reaction.

You took a bite of the food. You looked at Doojoon suprised.

"Yah, this taste exactly like--"

"Kim Halmeoni." both of you said in unison.

"Yah how did you find this place?" you asked him while eating the tteokbokki again.

"Found it last 2 weeks when I was with the guys." Doojoon finally started eating after getting the reaction that he wanted from you.

"I miss this taste." you said while indulging on the food.

"I knew that you will like it. We used to eat this everyweek in middle school after class."

"And for your info, ahjumma is Kim Halmeoni 's daughter." he continued.

"Chincha? Omo. Nice to meet you. Is Kim Halmeoni fine?" you asked her.

Doojoon pinched you.

"Yah, wae?!" 

"Kim Halmeoni passed away last year." he whispered to you.

"Joesonghamnida. I didn't know." you apologised to her.

"Ani. Don't worry. Enjoy the food." ahjumma said, smiling looking at both of you.


 

"Gamsahamnida. Thank you for the food." both of you thanked ahjumma and make a leave.

"Ohh araso. Do come back with your girlfriend." she winked at Doojoon and waved goodbye.

"Araso. Annyeonhaseyo." he winked back at her.

You both then make your way out of the market.

"Yah, why did you tell ahjumma I'm your girlfriend?" you asked Doojoon,punching him lightly on his arm.

"Wae? Isn't it right? You are a girl and also my friend. So combine, girlfriend." he sticked his tongue out at you.

"Aigoo what kind of reason is that? And why does the both of you kept winking at each other?"

"Wae. Can't I do that? Or is it you are jealous?" he teased you.

"Or maybe you really think yourself as my girlfriend? he continue teasing you.

"Yah! In your dreams! I will never even want to be your girlfriend." You chased Doojoon who was running to avoid your punches.

"Last one to reach the busstop have to treat icecream." he dared you running away.

"Yah Yoon Doojoon!" you followed after him, running to the busstop.