Seminar

Romeo and Juliet

"WHAT?! You're going to a seminar with that ert boss of yours, like only the two of you alone?!" Doojoon sounded shocked when you told him about it.

"Yes. But it is not that he planned it. The staffs was the one that suggested. And why did you call him a ert? Didn't I told you it was a misunderstanding."

"Ya right. You never know maybe he planned all this. That ert." Doojoon curled his fist thinking about your boss Kikwang, even though he never met him before.

"Don't wait for me ok." you reminded him cause you were unsure what time it will end.

"Can't promise that. Call me if anything happen. And beware of that ert." he bid you goodbye, getting off the bus once it reached Seoul University stop.

Your phone vibrated. It was text from Doojoon.

*Don't forget to keep your phone close to you and don't let that ert take advantage of you* he texted.

You smiled at how ridiculous he could be at times.

*Ya don't worry about it. I can use my fighting skills if anything happen. And how many times I told you he's not like what you think.* you text him back.

*Better be safe than sorry. Call me.*

*Araso* you ended the text.

You got off the bus and walked towards your workplace. Along the way, you checked if there was any loose price tag or whatsoever since your were embarrassed by Kikwang. It's so weird how he was the only one that can mess with your feelings. Usually no one in school dare to mess around with you since you were so tough and cold. You checked your shirt again and went inside the cafe.

You greet the staffs goodmorning and waited at the side, looking around if your boss was around. He came out from the kitchen.

"Morning, you're already here." he smiled at you.

You just smiled back.

"We should be going now." 

You nod your head and stood up to move. 

"Have fun on your date." your manager teased you both.

"Ne??" you felt embarrassed. 

Kikwang just laughed.

"What are we taking to go there?" you asked him.

"That." he pointed at a bicycle.

"For real??" you asked him, caused he didn't even seem like he's faking it.

"Hop on" he told you to ride the bicycle.

You hesitated for awhile but started to make a move to hop on.

"I don't know whose one this belong to but I am taking my car." he unlocked his car, which was behind the bicycle. He laughed seeing how funny that you believed him.

You were dumbfounded by how he managed to easily tricked you everytime.

He went to your side and open the door for you.

"After you." he told you to get in.

You went inside and he closed the door for you, smiling with his eye smile.

*Thought this eyesmile was cute yesterday but it's starting to get annoying* you said in your head.

He started the engine and began to drive.

You remained silent cause you don't know what to talk to him.

"So how's work have been for you?" he tried to start a conversation.

"I guess it's fine."

*Well it would have been great if you stop teasing me* you said in your mind.

Silenced again.

You looked at your phone as Doojoon was calling you. 

"You're not taking that phone call?" he asked you.

"Ani, It's ok, he will understand." 

"He? Ohh must be your boyfriend."

"Boyfriend? Hahahaha he's not my boyfriend. I don't even have one." you denied.

"Oh really. That's good." 

"Ne?" you didn't quite process what he meant.

"Ani nothing. You should really pick up that call." he told you caused your phone had been ringing.

You didn't want to pick up that call caused you knew what Doojoon was calling for. And that's definitely to check on you.


 

"Why hasn't she pick up my call? Doojoon tried calling you again.

He went inside his school's library. He was looking for a seat when he saw Minjoo waving at him to sit at her table with her.

"Annyeong Doojoon." Minjoo greeted him with the greatest smile she got.

"Annyeong." Doojoon sat down in front of her.

Doojoon noticed that Minjoo was reading a book regarding Romeo and Juliet.

"Oh. You're reading about Romeo and Juliet." he sound amazed.

"Yup, it's my favourite book." 

"Omg it's my favourite book too! It's the first time I saw someone who love it like I do.

"Wow we do have so many things in common. Perhaps it's fate." she smiled happily.

" Finally someone has the same opinion as me. Jaeah will never believe me. She thinks nobody will read about it." 

"Jaeah?" Minjoo's smile disappear when she heard Doojoon said that name.

"She never believe about the love story between Romeo and Juliet. She always told me that I was too delusional.

"She's your girlfriend?"

"Ahh ani. Jaeah's my childhood friend."

Minjoo's face suddenly brightened up after hearing that.

The both of them started talking and laughing about their similarities.


 

Both Kikwang and you reached the seminar place. There were many other bosses along with their staffs mingling around with others before it began. Kikwang approached those people that he knew and introduced you along. He explained to you who these people were and you were amazed at how professional he was. Maybe he wasn't as bad as what you thought. 

Suddenly a man who was around late 20s and had a moustache called Kikwang's name from far and approached your direction. 

Kikwang got closer to you and whispered something to your ear.

"You should be careful around him. Unlike me, he's a real ert." he explained to you.

"Well well well. What do we have here. The perfect guy, Lee Kikwang." that man said, sounding rather sarcastic. He seemed arrogant and his assistant behind him looked no different.

Kikwang just tried to force a smile.

"Here's my assistant, Jinah." 

His assistant was looking up and down at you, scanning you with that face of her.

You could see that Kikwang wasn't even interested in continuing this conversation.

"Oh who's that beautiful lady behind you? Never seen that pretty face before." That man looked at you, however you felt insecure from his gazed.

Kikwang tried to introduce you but was cut off from that man.

"The name is Kang Woojin, but you can call me honey." He reached out his hand trying to shake yours.

*What's wrong with this guy* you thought to yourself

"Jaeah." You were reluctant to shake his but you had to be professional.

Once he shake your hand, he tried to kiss it. However you quickly let go to prevent him to do so.

"Ahhh you're the 'play hard to get' kind. I like." he laughed, eyes still fixed on you.

Kikwang realised that you were feeling rather uncomfortable.

"If you would excuse us." taking your hand and drag you away from them.

"Seeyou soon pretty." Woojin said, while blowing a kiss at you. 

Kikwang took you far from them, hand still holding yours.

"Mianhe if you felt uncomfortable earlier." he apologised.

"Ani, it's not even your fault." you noticed his hands was still holding yours.

"That crazy Kang Woojin, he never changed." he sounded pissed.

His hands was still holding yours.

"Mr Kikwang." you called him.

He looked at you wondering what you had to say.

You pointed at his hands which was still holding yours.

"Ah. That's right." he let go of your hands.

You scratched your neck feeling rather awkward.

"We should go in. It's starting soon." Kikwang told you while ensuring that you were by his side.

 

During the seminar, there was a session in which the bosses had to gather at one side and the assistants at another. Kikwang had no choice but to separate from you. From your spot, you could see that man from earlier, Woojin winking at you. You pretended you didn't saw him.

*Psycho* you were disgusted by his action. That type of man is definitely not your style. 

The session was where you got to learn how to make hot beverages. You could see that Kang Woojin's assistant, Jinah was looking at you during the explanation. You don't know what's wrong with that girl, but she definitely had issue with you. But you ignored her cause there's no use caring about this people.

After the demonstration, all of you were free to try out what you learnt.

You were just standing around, looking at the others trying out, when you suddenly felt somebody kicking your leg hard, followed by hot boiling water splashed on your leg. 

"OWWW!" you screamed. The pain was unbearable till the extend you had to bend down, sitting on the floor. The entire room was shocked and people had gather around you. 

Kikwang was wondering who was that and saw that it was you on the floor. He quickly ran towards your direction and bend down.

"What happened?" he sounded worried.

You were on the floor, tears almost falling cause it was so painful. Your leg was red, scalded from the boiling hot water. 

"Can you walk?" He asked you.

You were not sure but you tried to stood up but failed. 

Without warning, Kikwang carried you in bridal style and make his way out of the seminar. Everyone make way to let both of you pass through. 

You looked behind back at the crowd and you saw, Jinah holding the kettle. It mush have been her!

Kikwang make his way out of the seminar room, with you still in his arms.