Why not me?

Romeo and Juliet

You took 2 days off from work to get your mind together. You were quite glad that you had supportive collegues who understood your situation and always giving you moral support.

You were at work and you noticed Kikwang came in. You smiled at him. He smiled at you back but you felt his smile wasn't as bright as usual. And he wasn't teasing you as always. Conversations with him was also work related and short. But he wasn't ignoring you, just that it felt different.

You were doing your work when Minjoo came to the store.

"Annyeong Jaeah shi." she smiled 

"Can we talk?" she asked you. You nod and led her to a table.

"What do you want to talk about?" you asked her.

"I think I am going for it." 

You don't quite understand what she was talking about.

"I am going to confess my feelings to Doojoon. I don't know when but I just have this feeling that I need to tell him." she said happily.

You remained silent.

"When we both get together in the future, you won't need to worry about Doojoon always pestering you. " she smiled.

"Ani. I don't think of him--" you wanted to said something but was cut off by her.

"You will support us right? Remember you said you were willing to help if it make him happy?" she hold your hand looking at you.

A customer went in and you had to get back to work.

"Mianhe but I had to get to work." you told her, yet to answer her previous question. Minjoo let you off and wait at her seat.

You went back to work.

 

"EVERYBODY HANDS OVER YOUR HEAD AND DON'T MOVE!" a man wearing a mask, holding a knife went inside the shop. 

Everyone was shocked and frightened. Kikwang heard the commotion and went out to see what happen. 

"I SAID HANDS OVER YOUR HEAD!" he swayed his knife, threatening to hurt those who didn't listen.

"Sir, I don't know who you are but please don't do this." you try to calm him down, moving out from the counter area. 

"Maybe there's other way we can help. But for now let's put away the knife." you coax him, moving slowly. 

"Jaeah shi hajima." Kikwang saw you moving closer.

"SHUT UP AND HOW MANY TIMES I SAID PUT YOUR HANDS OVER YOUR HEADS!" he got annoyed. Everyone followed his instructions.

You were moving slowly and you were standing next to Minjoo. 

Minjoo on the other hand was texting using her other hand.

"YAH YOU! I SAID HANDS OVER YOUR HEADS!" he was referring to Minjoo.

Minjoo was still busy texting. You looked at her and telling her to just follow the instructions.

"ARE YOU TEXTING SOMEONE?! YAH DO YOU WANT TO DIE! STOP THAT! " the man got more agitated.

"Minjoo shi stop it!" you shouted at her but she was still typing.

"DON'T YOU LISTEN TO INSTRUCTIONS YOU !" he went over towards Minjoo with his knife.

"ANI!" you went towards Minjoo and shield her.


 

Doojoon was at home when he received a text from Minjoo.

"Doojoon help me! I am at Jaeah's workplace and there's a man with a knife here. Jaeah is talking to him telling him to stop. I'm scared. Please come and save me!!"

After reading the text, Doojoon straightaway got up from his bed and ran out of the house.

 

When Doojoon arrived, there was a huge crowd outside, police cars and ambulance had arrived.

He looked around and saw Minjoo. 

"Doojoon ah!" Minjoo was relieved to see him.

"I was scared and the--" she wanted to tell him how scared she was but was cut off by Doojoon.

"JAEAH! WHERE'S JAEAH?!" Doojoon asked her but he was shouting without him realising.

"Ne?" she felt disappointed.

"JAEAH. I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHERE IS JAEAH" He sounded worried and anxious.

Minjoo pointed to the first aid corner at the side. 

Doojoon ran towards the side and he finally found you.

"Doojoon how did---" you were shocked to see him. He straightaway hug you.

"YAH! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I WAS WORRIED ABOUT YOU?!" 

You were surprised at how angry he was. He saw that your hand was bandaged.

"What happen to your hand?" 

"Ani it's nothing. I got it while shielding Minjoo but it's only a small thing." you hid it using your other hand, making it sound not so serious.

"Yah! Just take care of your ownself. Why risk your life?!" He hug you again, glad to know that you were fine.

 

Minjoo saw Doojoon hugging and concern over you. She felt sad and heartbroken. She was calling for Doojoon to save her but all Doojoon cared about was you.

Aside from Minjoo, Kikwang who was informing the police what happened was also feeling a bit sad seeing you with Doojoon.

Both of them wondered why it was not them.