Birthday

Romeo and Juliet

"Doojoon!" Minjoo waved at him happily. Minjoo was happy to receive a text from him asking her to accompany him.

"Mianhe if I disturb you on our off day." he apologise to her.

"Aniyo. I'll be more than willing to." she smiled happily.

Both of them then walk to the mall.

"What is it that you need my help for?" she asked him.

"Ah ani, I am getting a present for someone and she's a female. So I'm not sure what you females like." 

*Omo, is it me he's referring to?* Minjoo thought to herself,smiling thinking about it.

"Let's go to that shop." she pull him to a doll shop.

"I bet all ladies will love this." she told Doojoon, while hugging the bear.

"Really? I am not sure about it." he seem unconvinced.

"Hmmm, ah you can never go wrong with this." he dragged him out and went to a flower shop.

"Flowers, every lady love flowers even when they say no." 

"Flowers, may be good but I will prefer something which can last long?" 

"Ahh araso. Follow me." 

They stopped inside a jewellery store.

"I bet you can never go wrong with this."

"This seem good. Which one appeal best to you?" he asked her.

*Omg i think he is really buying it for me!* Minjoo felt excited.

"Hmmm I think this seems nice. Simple but nice." she pointed to a necklace with a infinity charm.

"Not bad. Excuse me can we see this necklace." Doojoon seems interested.

The staff took out the necklace. Doojoon hold the necklace and looked at Minjoo.

"If you don't mind, can I put it on you to see how it looks?" he asked her.

*OMG! I told you it is for me!* she felt excited.

Doojoon put in on Minjoo's neck. 

"Pretty. I think I will take that. Please wrap it nicely. Thank you." he said to the staff.

Minjoo was just smiling feeling happy. She felt as if she was on cloud nine.

After purchasing the gift, they left the shop.

"Why not we grab lunch?" Doojoon asked Minjoo. Minjoo agreed to everything he said.

*I bet he is going to give it to me during lunch* she thought in her head of the scenario.

They ordered their food and eat. Minjoo was just getting herself prepared.

After finishing eating, Doojoon took out the gift he bought earlier. Minjoo just smile, while keeping herself composed.

"I bet Jaeah will like this right?" he looked at the necklace.

"Jaeah....?" Minjoo was dumbfounded, heart shattered for thinking it was for her. 

"It will definitely fit her don't you think? Today's her birthday. I can imagine her scolding me for buying her present again." he laughed thinking about it.

Minjoo just force a smile, but deep inside she was hurt for expecting too much. 

*Is Jaeah everything you care about?* she thought to herself while looking at Doojoon.


 

"Are you free tonight?" Kikwang asked you.

You think about it cause usually on your birthday, you will spend the last hours at night celebrating with Doojoon, but he didn't said anything to you this year. 

"I guess I am, but not too long." 

"Ok then it's set. Dinner is on me tonight." 

You just smiled at him.

After work was done, Kikwang and you went for dinner. He brought you at a restaurant at a hotel.

"Reservation for 2 please." he said to the waiter.

The waiter lead you both to the table.

Kikwang pulled the chair for you. Well he's always a gentleman.

"Order anything you like." he smiled. You smiled but was feeling abit pressured for eating expensive food.

Both of you were busy eating and talking when suddenly there was music playing happy birthday song followed by a birthday cake brought in by the waiter.

You were shocked. Kikwang just smiled looking at your reaction.

"Make a wish." he said to you.

You made a wish and then blew the candle.

"Happy Birthday." he said to you,smiling.

"How did you know it's my birthday? I didn't tell anyone it was my birthday today." you asked him.

"Hmmm I guess I did some research?" he tried to convince you.

"Ya right, you mean stalking?" you laughed.

Kikwang just laughed. He suddenly hold your hand and looked at you.

"Happy Birthday." 

You just smiled at him.

 

Once done, he send you home. It finally reached the roadway to your house. Both of you came out of the car.

"Thank you for today. It was a well spent birthday." you thanked him.

"I'm glad you like it. Truthfully I have another present for you." 

You wondered what it was.

Without you realising, Kikwang kissed you on the lips. You closed your eyes.

 

Doojoon who just came back, carrying the present he bought for you was happy thinking of giving it to you. 

"Jaeah will like this right?" he thought happily.

He suddenly stop at his spot when he saw Kikwang kissing you. 

He remained silent not knowing what to do but he was heartbroken.

He hid behind the wall to prevent anyone from seeing him.

 

Kikwang finally stopped kissing you and you open you eyes.

"I guess I'll be going first. Happy birthday." he felt awkward and went back inside his car and left the area.

*Yes I finally did it.* Kikwang smiled. 

 

On the other hand you just stood there, processing what just happen. You touch your lips. 

"What are you doing here?" Doojoon said to you who was in daze.

He went towards the elevator and you followed after. 

You were expecting Doojoon to wish you happy birthday but he was silent.

"What's that?" you asked him pointing to the small bag he was holding

"Nothing." he hid the bag behind.

It finally reached the floor.

Before both of you went in your respective houses you took the courage to ask Doojoon.

"Don't you remember what day it is today?" you asked him.

"Wae? It's Wednesday today. Is there something special today?" he said casually.

You felt abit upset that he forget your birthday. Usually he will be the one that will be excited on this day.

"Actually today's my birthday..."

"Oh really? Happy birthday." he said with no emotion.

"Do you want to spend the last hour of my birthday with me? you asked him.

"Mianhe but I have lots of assignment to do. Maybe another day." he went inside his house.

You were still standing outside of your house, upset that Doojoon seem cold towards you today. On your special day and he forgot it. 

Doojoon on the other hand was standing behind his door, regretting his actions towards you. He looked at the present he bought for you and sighed. He place it in his drawer.