Letting Go

Romeo and Juliet

 

"Oh Minjoo why did you call me for? I was having class just--" Doojoon came over when Minjoo called him to come down. His sentence was cut off by Minjoo who abruptly kissed his lips.

Minjoo stopped at look at Doojoon who was surprised by the kiss.

"So how was it? You feel something too right?" Minjoo felt satisfied.

"I will just get straight to the point. I like you." she confessed.

"Ani. I love you. I love you so much that I think I am going crazy Doojoon." she laughed. 

"Mianhe." Doojoon who was looking at the ground, look up to face Minjoo.

"Bwo? Mianhe? I am telling you I love you and those are the words you are telling me? That's not what I want to hear!" she felt heartbroken.

"Mian, but I don't feel the same as what you feel." 

"Wae? Am I not good enough?" Minjoo cried.

"Ani, you're a nice girl but I don't deserve you. It's my fault for giving false hope."

"Ani, I don't even stand a chance in the first place right? Cause all you ever care about is that girl Song Jaeah who you stupidly protect when she don't even care about you! You love her don't you?!" she got angry thinking about you.

Doojoon became silent.

"This is what guys are. Pabo. When they love someone, they never even tell the person they like them. And when there is someone who love them, they don't even love the person back. Do you think girls are psychic that can read minds?" Minjoo cried.

"Do you think Jaeah even need you forever by her side? She have someone else that love her. And I am saying about Kikwang. What makes you think you are the only guy she have in her life?!" she rant.

What Minjoo said hit Doojoon hard.

"You're right." Doojoon finally said something. 

"I love Jaeah so much that I am willing to risk my life for her. All these years, I've been telling myself maybe I shouldn't love her but I just can't. I am selfish to think she belong to me and I should be the one protecting her. But I guess I was wrong..." Doojoon confessed.

Minjoo wasn't expecting this reaction from him.

"I am sorry for leading you towards the wrong direction. I gotta go. I'll call you later." Doojoon ran and head of somewhere leaving devastated Minjoo alone.


 

You were at the tteokbokki stall that Doojoon showed you, but this time alone. 

"Annyeonghaseyo Ahjumma, you greeted her with a smile. 

"Oh you're the girl that was with Doojoon that time right?" 

You nod your head and smile. "One serving of tteokbokki for me please." 

Ahjumma scooped for you and gave you the bowl.

"You're alone today? Doojoon?" she asked.

"Ah Doojoon. I think he must have been busy now." you smiled, but the truth is that lately both of you have seem further than usual.

Ahjumma stared at you.

You noticed this.

"Waeyo ahjumma?" you asked her.

"Ani, just that you're pretty. I guess that's why he chose you." she smiled.

"Ne?" you don't quite understood what she said.

"You know Doojoon always come here and everytime he came here you know what he always talked about?" 

You looked at her wanting to know the answer.

"You. He always talk about you. Everytime." she smiled at you.

"He always talk about you, how you were upset about something, happy about something. Everything was about you." 

You put down your fork.

"He was happy talking about you and the smile on his face was not a smile of a friend but as someone who was in love."

You looked at Ahjumma.

"You like him too don't you?" she asked you looking at your eyes.

You were taken aback by the sudden question. 

It took you awhile but you nod your head and looked down.

Ahjumma just smile seeing your reaction.

"I knew it. I can see it through your eyes that day."

"Just to let you know, it's not wrong to fall in love. But if you love someone tell them before it is too late." she hold your hand.

You looked at her and looked at your phone.

"Mianhe ahjumma.  I need to go settle something."

She understood what you meant and smiled.

You took your stuff and ran towards the busstop. 

While running, you wanted to call Doojoon to meet you at your house busstop. However before you could call him, he called you first. He wanted to meet you too. You smile thinking about it. 

Yes Song Jaeah, this is the day you are going to confess to Doojoon that you like him. 


 

The bus was reaching your house busstop and you could saw that Doojoon was standing, waiting for you. You got off the bus and smiled upon seeing him. Doojoon smiled back at you but it does not felt like usual.

"Mian if I was late." you apologised.

"Ani no worries." he smile lightly and look away. You both started walking back to the direction of your houses.

"What is it that you wanted to tell me?" he asked you, walking side by side.

"Ani you first." you were shy to tell him.

"Araso." 

"I've been thinking, all this while, this feeling in my heart if it is true. And recently I think I'm going crazy and all this is because of a girl name Song Jaeah." Doojoon said his heart out. 

You heartbeat was beating fast hearing him finally confessing.

"Yes I'm going crazy because of you. Everyday." He looked at you.

"But I don't think you feel the same as what I'm feeling." 

You wanted to say something but was cut off by Doojoon. Both of you continue walking. 

"Hence I've decided to let my feelings for you go away." 

You stopped at the spot hearing what he said. 

"I'm letting you go Jaeah." 

Your heart ache hearing him said that. Without you realising, you started tearing up. 

Doojoon realised you were not by his side and turn behind only to see you crying. 

He was surprised to see you crying. He never expect this reaction from you. He thought you will be happy.

You were crying your heart out. 

"You're really a pabo." you told him off.

"You said you know me best but I guess not." you walked off back to the busstop crying. 

Doojoon didn't quite understand what you meant but his heart breaks seeing you cry. He called your name but you didn't reply him. All he saw was the image of your back leaving his sight.