Awkward Feelings

Romeo and Juliet

It's been a few days since Doojoon and you speak to each other.

The last sentence that you said to him was bothering him.

*What does she mean by that?*

"Did you and Jaeah fight again?" Eomeoni asked him.

"Ani umma. It's not that serious."

"Chincha? She seem really upset. Did you do something again to upset her?" 

"I don't know...."

*Did I did the right thing?* he asked himself.


You were at work today. These few days your mind was bothered by what Doojoon said.

You didn't realised that Minjoo was in front of you. What does she want again this time?

"I have good news for you." she said.

You were puzzled. 

"I have officially decided to let my feelings for Doojoon go. So he's all yours now. You like him too don't you?"

You were silent to hear that.

"You don't have to do that Minjoo shi. Cause he...he had let his feelings for me go away too..."

"Bwo? Are you serious?" 

"He told me himself." 

"Aishh are you two joking right now? Why make things so difficult?"

You remained silent.

"Anyway, I'm here just to tell you I'm not going to chase for someone who have no intention to love me."


"Jaeah, if you're free after work, could you accompany me?" Kikwang asked you.

You nod and agree.

He brought you to the Han River. Both of you took a stroll  near the river while enjoying the night view.

You both stop near the railing. 

"You know whenever I have a bad day or am frustrated, I will let out my feelings by screaming at the river." Kikwang told you a secret of his.

You laughed.

"Look at this. I AM THE MOST LUCKY GUY RIGHT NOW~" he shout.

You laughed looking at him.

"CAUSE I'M WITH A BEAUTIFUL LADY RIGHT HERE AND HER NAME IS SONG JAEAH~" he continued.

"Ayee stop lying. How am I even pretty" 

"I'm not lying tho. Your turn." 

You thought of what to say.

"I'M NOT PRETTY~" you scream

"LEE KIKWANG WAS RIGHT. THIS SURE IS SATISFYING~" you laughed.

Kikwang looked at you. You turn and caught him looking at you.

Kikwang then lean forward to kiss you. 

"Mianhe. But I can't." you said to him as he came closer.


"Komowo. But I hope you understand my feelings towards you. I don't want to send you the wrong idea." you apologised as the car stopped at your house area.

"Don't worry about it. I'm sorry for my action earlier. I hope things will still be fine with us." 

"Komowo for sending me home. Goodnight." you left the car.

"Goodnight." 

As you were going to the lift, you came across Doojoon who seem to came back from the convenience store. Both of you looked at each other and it was awkward.

He saw Kikwang's car drove off.

*I guess I make the right choice after all.* he said in his mind.

Both of you went inside the lift. As the lift was going up, neither of you were talking to each other. The journey was silence and awkward. 

It finally reached both your floor and you both exit. 

Both of you unlock the house doors and went inside.

You stood behind your door and so did Doojoon.

You guys are bestfriends but why did it felt as if we became strangers?