Embarrassment

Romeo and Juliet

"You got off from the busstop. Doojoon was there waiting for you.

"Yah what took you so long?" he asked you since you both agreed to wait for each other at the busstop near your house.

You just walked past him, in a dazed. Doojoon followed after you.

He called you several time but you didn't answer him.

"Doojoon ah." you called him.

"What?"

"I think I might be the first person on earth to be fired on the first day of work." you showed him an upset face.

"Bwo? What did you do this time Song Jaeah?" 

"I twisted my boss's arms." you cover your face, recalling the embarrasing moment that happened earlier.

'What??" Doojoon seemed suprised but he ended up laughing.

"Yah, how can you laugh when your bestfriend is in despair!" you tried to punch his arm but he avoided your punches, since he was used to it.

"How can that even happen?" he wiped his tears off as he laughed badly.

"It's not even my fault! Firstly, how will I even know he's my boss? He looked our age and also it's partly his fault, he tried to touch my chest area and which idiot won't freakout if someone is going to touch your chest area even if it's not." you defended yourself.

Doojoon eyes widened when he heard you said about your boss touching your chest area.

"Wait he tried to touch your chest area?" he questioned you.

"Yes, but that's not exactly what he intended."

"But he tried to touch something from your chest?" he questioned you again.

"Ya, but he didn't. He was trying to grab my name tag which was falling off." you explained, cause Doojoon seemed defensive.

"Ya! Where does he think he's touching! He think he's the boss he can do anything. Where's that guy? Let me talk to him and give him a taste of my fist."

You looked at Doojoon getting angry. 

"Why are you so angry than me?"

"Eh?" He finally regain his conscious mind.

"Ani. I'm.. not... angry. Do I even...sound angry?"

You just chuckled. Lol he was obviously angry. 

"How was your day?" you changed the topic him.

"It was boring at first but it got better when I met a lady." he smiled.

"Lady?" 

"Her name is Lee Minjoo. She's the one that spilled the drink on me when you went for interview the other day."

"Ahhh really..." 

"Never thought I will meet her again. Perhaps it's fate." 

Doojoon kept going on talking about Minjoo.

Truthfully you don't even want to hear about this Minjoo girl. You don't even know why you're acting this way.

"So tired" you yawned and walked at a faster speed, heading to the lift at your flat.

"Yah Song Jaeah wait for me!" Doojoon stop talking and catch up with your pace


 

You were near your shop but you were reluctant to go towards it. After the embarrassing moment that happened yesterday, you couldn't stop thinking about it. Truthfully, the only person you were reluctant to meet was your boss, Kikwang. 

Upon reaching the cafe front, you peep through the window, trying to see if he was inside. But the window was tinted so you could barely see anything. Suddenly you felt a tapped on your shoulders. 

"Aish, don't disturb me." You said to the person without looking behind, eyes still peeping through the windows.

"Ehem ehem" the person behind you clear his throat.

"Aish, don't you--" you got annoyed.

"Looking for someone?" Kikwang asked you. 

"Eh? Aniyo." You laughed awkwardly.

"Then what are you doing here?" 

"Just... Just taking... fresh air??" You stuttered.

"Right. Fresh air." He just nod and tried to control his smile. 

"So are you still going to continue to take a fresh air or are you going to go inside?" He asked you. 

"I think i'm done for the day." You laughed awkwardly.  

He went towards the door first and you followed behind.

"Ladies first." He hold the door for you. 

"Gamsahabnida." You try to force a smile. 

 

Today the whole staff had to come down early for an important meeting. You don't know what it will be about, but it could be about you being fired. 

Everyone gathered and sat down. Kikwang stood in front and started talking. You tried to avoid making eye contact with him.

He talked about the work progress and congratulated the outstanding staffs for last month. You weren't really paying attention cause you were just waiting for your name to be called. 

"Another outstanding thing that I will like to say is a habit by Jaeah shi."

Upon hearing your name being called you got shocked. 

"I've heard that she had this habit of taking fresh air every morning before coming to work." Kikwang continued looking at you.

"Ani.. It's nothing much really hahahahha.." You laughed awkwardly. 

"We should really learn from her." He continued. 

You just looked down. Kikwang just grinned looking at your reaction. 

"Another thing, I think I haven't really get together with you guys for a long time. To get to know better, we should have a staff retreat or dinner one day." He suggested.

The other staffs were happy.

"So I hope by this, I won't get my arm twisted again." He was definitely teasing you. The rest laughed but you were dying of embarrassment, eyes still looking down.

*ok enough teasing for the day* Kikwang told himself. 

"I think that's all for today. Oh wait before i forget. There's a barista seminar tomorrow. I will need one of you to accompany me."

"Why not we let Jaeah shi to follow? She could learn new things." One of the stuff suggested. 

You were like nooo, saying that was not a good idea but everyone else agree and thought it was a great opportunity for you.

"Ok, by popular demand, I guess Jaeah shi is going with me tomorrow." Kikwang finalised.

You were dying inside, like why is this happening to me.

"Hopefully my other arm will be safe." He joked again.

The rest laughed, well except for you.

*Haha very funny* you thought to yourself.

"Ok that's all for today. You all are free to go back to work except for you." He pointed at you.

"Me?" You point at yourself. 

The rest continue with their own work. You went towards him.

He passed you his phone. You looked puzzled.

"Key in your bank account."

"Eh??" You sound confused.

"It's for the cost of my medical fee after what you did yesterday." 

You don't know how to react but you took his phone and began to type. 

"I'm just kidding." He laughed.

You felt relieved but at the same time was like thinking wth is wrong with this guy. 

"Key in your phone number."

*why the hell does he want my number?* you thought to yourself.

"Don't get me wrong. I am not doing it for personal reason but this is what I usually do to new staff." he explained after seeing you doubting him.

You key in your phone number and pass to him.

You then went ahead to do your job. Before making your way, you turnt behind and talked to him again.

Kikwang who was smiling on his phone stopped smiling and looked at you.

"Mr Kikwang, I'm sorry about what happen yesterday but I really didn't mean it." you apologised.

"Ani, don't worry bout it. " he smiled, showing off his eye smile. That was the first time you saw someone with a beautiful eyesmile. You turned around, feeling nervous. 

*What's wrong with me?* you asked yourself.

"Jaeah shi." Kikwang called you.

"Ne??"

"Is that a new shirt?" he asked you.

"Omo how did you know?" you were surprised cause indeed it was a new shirt.

"The price tag is still attached to your shirt." Kikwang said holding his laughter.

You were embarrased and you straightaway ran to the toilet.

Kikwang laugh seeing your reactions.

"Gwi yeo weo(cute)." He said under his breath.