Drunken Confession

Romeo and Juliet

It was the weekends and Doojoon's grandfather had come over from Daegu to sleepover. The family were always happy when harabeoji(grandfather) come for sleepover but not Doojoon. Well not because of harabeoji, but because of one particular person who will voluntarily tag along, his annoying older cousin, Dongjin.

"Imo, samchun it has been a long time since we met." Dongjin said loudly. His voice filled the entire house.

"And my favourite cousin. Doojoon!" he went ahead and headlock Doojoon.

"Oww Hyung!" Doojoon defend himself. He hate it when his hyung does that everytime.

Dongjin looked around the house.

"What are you looking for?" Doojoon asked him. Well he knew what Dongjin was looking for.

"I'm back." you came in. You noticed harabeoji and greeted him. 

"Ohhh here come my future wife." Dongjin approached you trying to give you a hug.

You gave him a glare not to come closer. Well you were used to Dongjin oppa being like this everytime he came to visit.

"So how's my future wife doing?" Dongjin asked you.

You whispered to his ear. "Oppa do you want to die?" Since you don't want the adults to hear.

"Ohhh as expected, you're full of charisma. That's what makes me fall in love with you more Song Jaeah." Dongjin laughed. Doojoon looked at him. He wonder why he has a crazy cousin. 

Everytime Dongjin came to visit, it was a tough time for both Doojoon and you. Dongjin always accompany harabeoji when he came over, but everyone in the family knows that the reason he was so willing to follow was to see you.

"Appeuji you can use the guest room. And Dongjin you sleep with Doojoon in his room." Eomeoni told them.

"Aigoo looks like there's not enough room in this house. I guess I have to sleep next door at Jaeah's house." Dongjin sounded happy taking his luggage.

"Don't even think about it." harabeoji said to him.

"Ne." he straightaway gave in.

He make a move to Doojoon's room.

"Hyung where are you going? My room is this way." Doojoon realised him going toward the main door instead of going to his room.

*Aish chincha this idiot* Dongjin said under his breath when he realised his plan failed after Doojoon caught him.


 

Dongjin went into Doojoon's room and began unpacking his luggage. Doojoon came after him and clear his room, making space.

Dongjin threw a ball at Doojoon.

"OWWW Hyung waeyo?! 

"Aigoo Aigoo. If you never said anything earlier I will be sleeping next door at Jaeah's house." 

"Hyung even if I didn't say, you will still be sleeping here. You've been doing that tactic everytime you come to visit." 

"Yah at least I'm making an effort. What about you did? Did you even do anything?" Dongjin said while throwing another ball at Doojoon.

"What are you talking about?" Doojoon didn't quite understand.

"Chhh I'm talking about what we discuss the other time I came visit. You still haven't tell her?" 

Doojoon just remained silent.

"Aigoo, yah you're really frustrating. What's so difficult about saying it? Just say it. Tell Jaeah that--"

"Tell me what?" you came into the room.

Both Doojoon and Dongjin looked at each other.

"Ani..tell you that..." Doojoon looked at Dongjin, trying to tell him to continue his sentence.

"To tell you that.... you're..." Dongjin try to cover up.

"Yah just say it" you got frustrated cause neither of them is telling you.

"That you're going to be my wife. Yup.. you're going to be.. my wife." Dongjin oppa blurted out, looking at Doojoon to agree. Doojoon just nod his head.

"Bwoya. You're both acting weird. Paliwa and come out to eat! If I hear you guys talking nonsense about me again, I'll kill you both!" you gave them a warning and close the door.

Doojoon and Dongjin felt relieved after you left.

"Aigoo that was close. Yah she's so fierce. How will it be if we get married later?" Dongjin oppa said to Doojoon while laughing loudly.

"That will never happen hyung." Doojoon threw a pillow at him.

"It will if you never tell her. Or you want hyung to tell her? Jaeah ah--" Dongjin wanted to open the door to call you. However was stop by Doojoon.


 

You were back at your house after dinner with the Yoon's family. You were glad harabeoji came cause they have always regard you as their own family. Some of the other cousins had also left you some stuffs from Daegu. Your doorbell rang. You wonder who could it be at this hour.

"Annyeong." Dongjin oppa was smiling happily carrying a plastic.

"Oppa what do you want?" you looked at him unamused.

"Yah at least invite me in or something. Is that how you treat your future husband?" he came in, uninvited, seating on your sofa.

You just sighed and never said anything cause you were already used to this everytime Dongjin oppa cameover. Yup that's Dongjin oppa for you. He's always carefree and loud. 

"Oppa do you think this is your house?" as you saw him lying down on the sofa watching tv. 

"Oh that's right. My future house." he said to you with no sign of shame, smiling. 

*That's right Jaeah just bear with it. He's only going to be here for a few days* you kept your cool.

"Yah let's have a drink." Dongjin oppa took out cans of beer.

"No thanks."

You remember when Dongjin oppa came over last time. If you think he is loud now, he's even worse when he's drunk. 

 

Doojoon was at his house and he wonder why the house was suddenly so quiet. He looked around and realised his hyung was not around.

"Aish that sly fox." he said to himself cause he knew where his hyung was at.

 

You was listening to Dongjin oppa talking non stop while he was drinking beer. Suddenly you hear the sound of someone unlocking your house door.

"What? You know Jaeah's house password?" Dongjin oppa was surprised when he saw Doojoon came in.

Doojoon make his way to sit next to Dongjin.

"Yah you told me you don't know her house password. Selfish fellow." Dongjin oppa threw a cracker at Doojoon.

"If my floor gets dirty I will kill you." you said to Dongjin oppa. You just looked at Doojoon without saying anything.

"Did you 2 fight or something?" Dongjin oppa said when he realised Doojoon and you were rather quiet and never talked to each other.

"Ani." both Doojoon and you said at the same time.

"Ohh bwoya what is this." Dongjin oppa laughed seeing both your reactions.

"Why do I have the feeling that both of you need me here." he continued.

"Oppa don't feel like you're so important. Faster drink and get out of my house. And don't you dare get drunk like last time." you warned him.

"Araso, the night is still young. Bwoya. I won't get drunk this time." Dongjin oppa sounded so confident, opening another can of beer.


 

"I knew it this will happen." you said out loud.

Dongjin oppa was drunk. His head was on the table and he was practically unconcious. Both Doojoon and you who was concious sighed looking at him.

"I should get him back next door. Before he start to get noisy like last time." Doojoon said to you. You just nod and help him to carry Dongjin oppa.

"Jaeah ahh..." Dongjin oppa said in a drunken state.

"Ohno" you said to yourself.

"Do you want to know a secret?" he continued.

"Out of the 3 of us, only you don't know this secret." he laughed.

"Yah hyung don't talk nonsense. You're heavy. get your up." Doojoon tried to put his hyung's arms over his shoulders. You help stabilize Dongjin oppa. 

"This pabo.." he pointed at Doojoon.

"This pabo has something to say to you.." he said in his drunken state.

You looked at Doojoon. 

"Let's get him out fast." Doojoon said to you.

"Truthfully.. our little Doojoon actually..." he paused and looked at Doojoon.

You help open the door for them.

"HE ACTUALLY LIKES YOU." Dongjin oppa shouted loudly. 

You looked at Doojoon.

Doojoon looked at you and looked away, avoiding eye contact.

"ANI. ACTUALLY HE LOVES YOU." Dongjin oppa laughed.

"THIS PABO, HAS BEEN KEEPING THIS SECRET FOR SO LONG. CRAZY RIGHT." 

You don't know how to react hearing this. Doojoon looked away trying not to see you.

"YAH PLEASE BE QUIET" someone from below shouted.

Doojoon closed his hyung's mouth before he start fighting back with the person.

"I...will.. go... first.." Doojoon said to you, without looking at you. He went next door and went inside struggling in bringing his hyung inside.

You stood there remembering what Dongjin oppa said. 

* ACTUALLY HE LOVES YOU.*

You suddenly remember the scene of Minjoo kissing Doojoon's cheek.

"I guess not anymore" you told yourself.