Unexpected

Romeo and Juliet

Kikwang put you down on a chair. He took a look at your leg and gently touched the injured area.

You felt pain when he touched the scalded area.

"This won't do. I'm taking you to the clinic." seeing you in pain.

"Aniyo. It's ok. I will be fine if I put a few medication." you refused to go to the clinic.

However he refused to listen and carried you in bridal style again to his car. 

Once he reached the carpark, he put you down but still supporting you and unlocked his car. He carefully put you in your seat, buckling your seatbelt. 

He started the engine and drove past. It was rather late as it was already almost 7pm. 

"You should call your parents to inform them." he suggest to you, seeing you rubbing your leg.

"I should call Doojoon." You took out your phone. 

"" you realised your phone was dead. There's no way you could contact him.

"Why?" Kikwang asked you, eyes focused on the road. 

"Ani, my phone is dead. I can't call my friend." 

"You can use my phone." he passed you his phone.

"Ani kwenchana. I can't remember his number." 

"Then you should call your parents." 

You remained silent.

"I... have no..parents." you sighed and looked outside the window.

Kikwang noticed you were sad when he mentioned parents. Perhaps there was more about you that he had yet to know.


 

"Why isn't her phone working?" Doojoon tried calling you again. He had been calling your phone several time but was unable to do so.

"Who are you calling?" Minjoo had been noticing Doojoon who was busy on his phone.

"Jaeah, but she's not picking up my calls." he sounded worried.

Minjoo noticed that Doojoon was worried about you and she felt slightly sad.

"I'm sorry Minjoo but I think I can't have dinner with you tonight. I'm going to Jaeah's workplace and find her."

"Ani! Let me follow you." she quickly suggested.

 

Both of them reached the cafe.

Doojoon straightaway asked your workmate if they have heard anything from you. But none of them heard of anything.

"What time does the seminar end?" he asked.

"It should have ended by now. But our boss isn't even back yet. I think they should be together."

Hearing that you would most probably be with your boss pissed Doojoon off a bit. Well definitely after hearing about what you told him. Definitely his first impression of Kikwang was bad.

Minjoo noticed Doojoon being defensive. She tried to change the topic, making Doojoon forget you for a moment.

"Doojoon ah, why not we sit down and have something to drink?" she persuaded him.

"No thanks, I'm in no mood to do that." checking his phone again.

"Ahhhh wae~ Why you worry about Jaeah so much? She's an adult. She'll be fine." she made a sad face, trying to make Doojoon changed his mind.

Doojoon felt bad and decided to go for it. Minjoo's face brightened after Doojoon agreed.

Minjoo took a sip of americano. 

"Mmmm delicious. You should drink yours before it gets cold you know." she pout seeing him still on his phone, not touching his drink.

Doojoon took a sip of his drink.

"Remember how I spilled americano on you the first time we met? Perhaps this cafe is our fate." she smiled happily, taking another sip.

Doojoon just smiled but he wasn't even listening.

*Ya Song Jaeah where are you?* he thought in his head, while Minjoo was busy talking to him.


 

"Where do you live? Let me send you back home." Kikwang started the engine after sending you to the clinic.

"Ani. It's ok. Just drop me off the nearest train station. I've been a burden for you the whole day." you felt bad.

"Andwae. It's already late and with that bandaged leg of yours, I will not allow that."

You gave in and told him your address.

"Thank you." you said.

"Ne? Did you said something?" Kikwang put one of his hand on his ear, pretending he didn't hear you.

"Thank you." you said loudly this time. Making sure he could hear you.

Kikwang laughed slightly as he knew you felt annoyed. He don't know why he like to tease you.

"It's ok. You should take a rest for 3 days from work and you're not allowed to work till you take a rest. And that is an order from a boss." he knew that you were going to protest.

You couldn't say anything back since he was the boss.

Silenced.

"Can I ask you something?" he asked you.

"What is it?" you looked at him.

"Earlier you mention you have no parents. What happened to them?" 

You remained silent, looking out of the window. 

"It's ok if you don't feel like answering. I guess we're not that close to ask personal questions. I'm sorry for asking."

"Ani, it's not that." you felt bad.

"It's just that I don't feel like talking about it now. It's a long story." you continue, looking down.

"Don't worry, one day when we're closer together you can tell me about it. I guess there's more I can know about you." he smiled. 

He finally reached your driveway.

"Oh look like there's someone there." 

Doojoon was waiting there for you under the block, he saw a car coming in. The car stopped in front of him.

Kikwang got out of the car, went towards your side and get you out, putting your arms on his shoulder.

Doojoon saw you limping and arms on a guy he don't recognised. He knew it must be Kikwang even though he had not met him. Without him knowing, he went towards Kikwang and punched him in the face.

"Yah! Yoon Doojoon!" you shouted in surprised after seeing what he did to Kikwang.