Finals

Romeo and Juliet

Since finals are coming, the school have been conducting night lessons for senior students that will be taking the finals.

You've been sitting at your seat, heads down, trying your best staying awake. But you're not the study type. 

You've been telling Doojoon that studying is not for everyone and most definitely not for you. However he disagree, and believe that anyone can study if they want to or not. 

The bell rang and it was finally time for break. All the students head to the cafeteria. 

You looked around, trying to find Doojoon. You saw him and head to his direction.

He was sitting with his group of friends and you just went to him.

"Yah, lend me some coins." you asked him.

His friends just looked at you as if you had no shame in asking Doojoon for money.

Doojoon hand you some spare coins he had.

You received it and head your way to the vending machine to buy a can of drink.

"I guess that should be a thank you." Doojoon sarcastically shouted at you. However you just ignore him.

"Yah Doojoon, are you being bulllied by Jaeah or something. You always give in whatever she want." his friends asked him.

"She's not what you all thought. She's a good kid. I've known her since we were kids and most definitely better than I know you guys." 

"She has a pretty face but unfortunely not the brains for academic. And with that temper of her, no wonder no guy dare to get near her except for you. She'll probably remain single forever" his friend said.

"Yah you never know maybe there's someone who like her just that he is scared to say it." his other friend said.

Doojoon just laughed listening to his friends."Yup maybe there is." he added.

 

You were drinking your orange juice when suddenly someone snatch the bottle from your hand.

"Thank you. And seeyou after class." Doojoon said while leaving for class with his group of friends. 

"Yah Yoon Doojoon!" you called him but too late he was already out of sight.

Your classmate sat beside you and was amazed.

"Omg you even share drinks with Yoon Doojoon. Like over the same saliva?? Omo you're so lucky. His smart, handsome. Omg!!"

"Lucky your head" you said under your breath and head to class.


 

Finally the day of finals was already here. For the past few weeks most students including Doojoon had been busy revising and studying and even before taking the bus, he had been going through his notes. Well for your case, you're just hope for the best and like you said, studying is not for everyone. 

Before entering the school, Doojoon asked you.

"You've been studying right." 

"Ermm yaaa.." you replied his question while nodding hesitantly.

"I know it's been hard for you. But I believe you can do it. Fighting Song Jaeah!"

You just showed him the fighting hand sign sheepishly.

 

It was finally the start of the paper. Everyone was focusing well except for you. Your head was on the table and you could only sighed. You do not understand most of the question and regrets were boiling from inside you when you saw Doojoon's back who was sitting at the front seat at the row next to yours.

To be honest you didn't even study much. You waited for a whole 50mins flipping the paper and trying your best to answer but most of them were blank with random scribbles. When it was time that people could leave once they finished, you raised your hands and hand in the paper to the examiner.

Doojoon saw you leaving the examination room.*Jaeah must have study hard for her to finish all the quetions* he thought to himself and continue his paper.

As you left the examination room, you couldn't stop feeling regret. However it is too late to cry over spilled milk.

 

Doojoon finally finished his paper and went to look for you at the cafeteria. 

"Boo!" he surprised you from behind and sat in front of you.

You woke up from your sleep.

"Yah you finish so fast." Doojoon said.

"You must have been able to answer all right?" he asked you.

"Ermmm I guess.. so.."

"Aigooo where is that confident Song Jaeah that I know. Don't worry you're do well. And even if you don't at least you did your best."

*I'm sorry Doojoon. I didn't even try* you thought to yourself.

"Kaja! Let's go celebrate for all those midnight oil burned these few months." Doojoon pushed you to move.