Episode Seven

God of Study Season 2

“I won’t give up just yet, Hyunjung-ah.” Baekhyun turned around and was about to leave but he saw a black figure running out from the apartment building.

“Why does that person look so suspicious?”

Being a doctor and a righteous person, Baekhyun just had to know who that was. Moreover, Jiyeon lived in that estate. He has to know it’s safe.

Baekhyun followed slowly, keeping a distance away from the figure, and finally stopped when that figure stopped at the park.

It was a female as seen from her figure and she was dressed in all black – like a ninja. On top of that, she had her face covered.

“Why is she so secretive?”

That simply made Baekhyun more curious. He walked closer to the figure and hid behind the tree, making sure he could see her face since she was about to take her mask down.

He could only gasp when the figure showed herself out. She threw the mask into the bin and roared in anger. “Na Hyunjung. You’re lucky today doesn’t mean you’re lucky tomorrow. One day, you’ll really die in my hands. No one can snatch Baekhyun away from me.”

Baekhyun used his palms to stop his gasp from coming out. He just had to keep it in for a little longer until she’s gone.

And she finally stormed away.

Baekhyun panted badly and came out from his hiding position, looking at the figure from afar. “How could you do this to her? She was your best friend.”

With a disappointed mind, he returned home and turned to his grandmother for comfort.

~~~~~

It was another day and Jiyeon was free again. She currently has no idea what to paint or draw so she could roam around the city to recall how awesome the past time was.

Jiyeon walked down the street after having lunch at the famous ramen store she always went to, only to come across a childcare centre.

Seeing the lonely girl sitting on the swing right outside the centre literally broke her heart.

That was how she was before.

Lonely with no one else by her side.

This can’t do.

Jiyeon smiled brightly and entered the centre without anyone knowing and hurried over to the girl’s side.

“Hi there!”

The girl brought her head up as she tore her eyes away from the ground. But she kept silent.

“What’s your name?”

The little girl pouted sadly and covered her eyes cutely, “Appa said not to talk to stranger!”

That simply made Jiyeon smiled. How could someone be this cute like her? “I know I’m a stranger. But unnie just wants to know you, can I? Are you alone here?”

Slowly, the little girl took her hands off her eyes, “Yes…”

“Where are your parents, little girl? Why aren’t they here to get you?”

“My appa is working! He’s so busy everyday to even play with Dabin!”

“Dabin? Dabin is your name?”

The little girl clasped her palms over this time round which made Jiyeon laughed again. Jiyeon took the initiative to get her hands down instead. “How old are you this year, Dabin-ah?”

“Hmm…”

“You can tell unnie, it’s fine! Unnie wants to know more about you.”

“Dabin is four years old.”

“Really? Dabin is really really small huh?” Jiyeon cooed while placing her palms on Dabin’s lap. “Unnie is 25 years old this year. Unnie is really really old, right?”

“Unnie is not old. Appa is older. Appa is 26 years old this year!”

“Really?!” Jiyeon smiled as she knew Dabin was opening up to her.

“YES!”

“Dabin-ah~ Who are you talking to?!” The teacher shrieked in surprise when she saw a total stranger in the school’s yard. She hurried over to Dabin and grabbed her over to her side, only to show Jiyeon some hostility. “Who are you?!”

“I’m Park Jiyeon. I’m sorry I came in on my own. I just wanted to talk to her since she looks so lonely out there.”

The teacher was unsure but she took Dabin back into the centre, away from Jiyeon. Dabin pouted sadly as she turned around just to wave goodbye to Jiyeon and that totally melted Jiyeon’s heart.

Jiyeon smiled and left the centre nonetheless, “It’s fine. Dabin-ah, unnie will come tomorrow.” With that thought in mind, she left for the mall then.

Minutes later, the nanny finally came for Dabin. “I’m sorry! I was late because I was cleaning the house! Is Dabin alright?”

“It’s alright. Dabin is right here.” The teacher smiled and handed Dabin over to the nanny, before sending them off.

The nanny held Dabin’s hand and walked down the street but anyone could see how scared Dabin was.

And here it came.

“Seriously! You’re such a troublesome kid! I was happily watching my drama at home and I have to fetch you?! What the hell?! Who do you think you are? Huh? So what if you’re the idol’s kid?! You’re wasting my time everyday!” With anger in her mind, the nanny began hitting her while grabbing onto Dabin’s arm with her free hand.

Passerby watched but made no noise, thinking the mother was teaching the kid.

However, Jiyeon walked out of the mall only to come across this horrifying moment. “DABIN-AH!” She couldn’t take it at all.

No one hits Dabin, no one.

She dropped her bag and pushed the nanny away before carrying Dabin up in her arms. Dabin was crying as she held onto Jiyeon as though her life depended on it while Jiyeon tried calming Dabin down by patting her back.

“How could you hit her like this?! Huh?! Don’t you know how to teach your own daughter?!”

That made the nanny angrier alright. “Who are you to teach me?! Return her to me now!”

“No! I won’t let this off now! This is child abuse and I can sue you!” Jiyeon insisted and held Dabin tighter in her arms.

“RETURN MY DAUGHTER TO ME!”

“DABIN IS NOT YOUR DAUGHTER!” Dabin finally screamed which made Jiyeon angrier too. Jiyeon turned to Dabin and her hair gently, “Who is she to you, Dabin-ah? Tell unnie about it.”

“Dabin… Dabin…”

“It’s okay, Dabin. Unnie will protect you.”

“Ahjumma… Dabin is not her daughter… Ahjumma…”

Jiyeon knew it. She was just a nanny. “You’re just a caretaker and you dare lay your hands on her?! You’re so dead, ahjumma. I won’t let you off easily.”

That scared the nanny, finally.

Jiyeon rushed back to the childcare centre after grabbing her things with Dabin in her arms, just to get her parents’ whereabouts.


Done!! :D