Episode Four

God of Study Season 2

Jiyeon tensed up when she heard that voice.

She swore she recognized it anywhere, anytime. How could she ever forget how her first love sounds like?

“Hyunjung-ah.”

Jiyeon plastered a big smile on her face and turned around at once, “Hwang Baekhyun! You’re late! Chandoo and Bonggoo-”

She just had to stop when she spotted the interlocked hands in front of her.

Baekhyun and Pulip.

They came together, with their hands interlocked.

Jiyeon made a small teasing smile and narrowed her eyes at the duo, “So you both are together till now huh? That’s good then! I always wanted to see you both together~”

Baekhyun let out a small smile, while Pulip hooked her arms around his, “We came late, Hyunjung-ah! We’re so sorry! Baekhyun was waiting for me to close the restaurant, that’s why!”

“It’s nothing though. At least we saw each other now.” Hyunjung forced another smile again. “I just thought you would want to see Bonggoo and Chandoo too. But they left earlier, just a minute before you both arrived.”

“That’s such a waste then!” Pulip shrugged her shoulders and took two glasses for the both of them. Baekhyun simply took it over with a small smile, “Thanks.”

Jiyeon giggled before picking her purse up, “I’ll head outside for a little while! I need some fresh air since I’m here for too long. I guess you both should mingle around and find Soojung ssem too.”

And with that, she left for the veranda.

When she finally closed the huge glass door, she let out a huge hidden breath and let a tear dropped. “How cruel…”

Those two were indeed cruel.

How could they appear in front of her just like that? Pulip was her best friend and Baekhyun was her first love. Not that they didn’t know that too. They knew! And they did that to her.

How cruel.

But surprisingly, after letting two drop of tears out, Hyunjung felt nothing at all.

Yes, she felt betrayed at the beginning but she didn’t feel the same sparks and jumpy feeling when she saw Baekhyun again.

It wasn’t like years ago.

It wasn’t like how she felt when they were in high school.

It was so different.

To her satisfaction, she felt nothing. Those tears were for the betrayal she got from them, nothing more.

“Hyunjung?”

Jiyeon turned to the side and looked at Baekhyun as he approached her slowly. Yes, she just confirmed it again.

Those feelings were long gone.

She felt nothing when she saw him again, and yes, she was so relieved. She finally moved on. “Hi, Baekhyun.”

“Long time no see huh?”

“Yup!”

“You turned out to be so beautiful.” Baekhyun whispered as he stood by her side, watching her side features adoringly. *Like an angel.*

Jiyeon simply giggled shyly before punching his arm lightly, “You shouldn’t say that now! You’re with Pulip, Baekhyun. Don’t let her hear that or you’re dead!”

Baekhyun could only let out a forced laugh when he heard that. He didn’t know why, but those words hurt him so much.

“Hyunjung-ah.”

“Hmm?”

“How are you all these years?”

“Hmm…” Jiyeon smiled as she looked up to the moon, “I’m good. I fulfilled my dream. I became a painter and I opened my gallery. I’m happy.”

“Really?”

“Yup.”

There came a short silence before she spoke again. “And I finally got to move on.”

Baekhyun gulped nervously when she said that. No, that was not what he wanted to hear. “M-Move on?”

“Yup! And I’m glad I did. When you appeared just now with Pulip, I admit I was angry. I felt betrayed. But it was only for a moment and I realized I don’t even have feelings for you anymore.” Jiyeon let out a genuine smile, “I realized it’s all in the past. Those feelings were long gone. So don’t bother so much about me and take care of Pulip alright? We’re still friends like before.”

With her last speech, she left the veranda, and went back into the ballroom to search for Soojung again.

Baekhyun stumbled a little when he heard the click of the door, indicating she was gone. He felt weird. He felt wrong. He felt lost. Again.

He tears up when he thought of her words again.

Was this what he wanted all along? To have Hyunjung leaving him for good? To have Pulip by his side instead of the gum he used to have? What exactly does he want?

He doesn’t know too.

However, behind the curtain in the huge ballroom, Pulip glared at Jiyeon after they separated with each other. Yes, she saw the whole scene, but she heard nothing.

But from the look of Baekhyun’s broken expression, she knew his feelings for her returned.

And she swore she won’t let Hyunjung have Baekhyun again.


Done! :D