Episode Thirteen

God of Study Season 2

Jiyeon was happily walking to the childcare centre when it was time for Dabin to end school. She hummed a happy song and walked into the centre but only to find no students inside.

“Hello!”

“Oh! Ms. Park!”

“Where’s Dabin?” Jiyeon frowned as her eyes searched the whole room.

“A nanny came to get her just now!”

“NANNY?!” Jiyeon widened her eyes and slammed her palms on the countertop, “Is it that ahjumma again?! How can you give Dabin to someone else?!”

“It’s not that ahjumma, Ms. Park.” The teacher wasn’t afraid, surprisingly. “We’ve called Mr. Kim and confirmed it with him. He said he had a nanny coming for Dabin other than you, Ms. Park. And he left a message for you.”

“What is it?”

“He said that you don’t have to come to fetch Dabin any longer.”

“WHAT?!” Jiyeon was so surprised. Isn’t everything going well for them? What happened now? Why did Myungsoo want her gone? What about Dabin? Is she really safe?

Jiyeon ran to Myungsoo’s apartment and rang the bell countless times. Within seconds, the door was opened by a lady.

“Where is Dabin?”

“You must be Park Jiyeon?”

“Yes, and where is Dabin?”

“Dabin is sleeping in her room now.” The nanny answered politely, “And Mr. Kim said not to let you in at all if you’re here. I’m sorry, Miss.”

And she closed the door at once.

Jiyeon rang the bell again and even knocked onto the door but it just won’t open. She could even hear Dabin shouting and screaming for her but the door was still not opened.

“Damn that weird idol.” Jiyeon was so mad alright. How could someone stop contacting her like that? Just like this?! She can’t take that.

Jiyeon ran down the apartment building, not bothering to wait for the lift and hailed a cab after asking Chandoo where they were.

She arrived at the studio in no time. Woohyun and Hoya were taking photos for the magazine while Chandoo was preparing to go next and Jiyeon assumed Myungsoo had finished his part since he was sitting alone in a corner.

She stormed over to him with her arms crossed at once. “What’s the meaning of this?”

“What?”

Jiyeon scoffed in disbelieved at his cold attitude. “Why did you get a nanny for Dabin? I was looking after her well, didn’t I? Did I do anything wrong? Huh? And why can’t I see Dabin?”

“I don’t want you near Dabin, that’s all.”

“But why?! And what’s with your cold attitude?!” She yelled and that caught everyone’s attention. Chandoo hurried over to her side and tried holding her back but only to be pushed aside instead. “What’s wrong with you?!”

Myungsoo let out a smirk and stood up with both hands in his pants’ pockets. “I’m done with you.” And he walked away, out of the studio.

Jiyeon stumbled back in surprise at his words and finally let her tears drop mercilessly. Thank goodness Chandoo caught her in time or else she would hit the ground instead.

“Jiyeon-ah…”

“Chandoo… What did I do wrong…?”

“Bestie…”

“I thought… I thought I found someone after Baekhyun…” Jiyeon sobbed in his arms and held onto him as thought he was her life. “Myungsoo oppa… He made me feel so happy again… Dabin too… But why… What did I do wrong? Why can’t I love someone without hurting…?”

“Bestie…” Chandoo sighed and held her tight, cuddling her as she cried her heart out. “It’s going to be fine. Bestie, I’m here for you.”

Woohyun and Hoya apologized on behalf of their members and brought the attention back to the photo shoot instead.

Chandoo brought Jiyeon over to the seat but she rejected after she was done crying. “I’ll just go now, Chandoo-ah. I’m sorry for causing a scene here.”

“Bestie, wait for me. I’ll fetch you home.”

“No, it’s fine.” Jiyeon smiled weakly, “I’ll just go on my own.” And she walked out of the studio lifelessly.

Chandoo had his photo shoot done and hurried off to search for . He doesn’t care if he’s older, he doesn’t care if he’s more mature, he’ll just beat the hell out of who hurt his best friend badly.

Finally, he found Myungsoo standing in a corner far away from the studio. Chandoo stormed over to him and gave him a hard punch on his face.

He held him up again by his collar and glared dangerously into his eyes. “How could you hurt her?! She’s my bestie! I thought you love her?!”

“I do…”

“Then what’s wrong?! Why did you hurt her?!”

“Didn’t she have someone she likes? I saw it with my own eyes. A guy hugged her and she didn’t reject him.”

Chandoo released the grip on his collar and shook his head in disbelieved, “It can’t be. She doesn’t have anyone else. If there’s someone she loves, it’s you!”

Myungsoo frowned and looked up at him in disbelieved too, “No… It can’t be! I saw her with the guy!”

“Believe it or not, ask her yourself. How could you be so selfish and assume everything on your own, hyung. I trusted you with her.” Chandoo hissed and left him alone, for him to reflect on his wrongdoings.

That night, Myungsoo returned home to a dark house with Dabin playing alone in her room since the nanny had left a minute earlier.

“Dabin-ah~”

Dabin looked up from her toys with an evident pout on her face but she didn’t call him like before.

“Dabin-ah. Appa is here.” Myungsoo sat on the carpet and took her into his laps. “Why aren’t you happy?”

“Dabin wants unnie…”

Myungsoo sighed and combed her hair using his fingers gently, “Dabin-ah. You’re with unnie that day right? The day where an oppa came and hug unnie?”

Dabin nodded her head honestly, obediently.

“What did that oppa say to unnie?”

“Oppa said he likes unnie long long time ago.”

Myungsoo sighed as he knew that was the outcome.

“But unnie said unnie doesn’t like oppa anymore. Unnie said she likes oppa before but not now because unnie has appa and Dabin now.”

Myungsoo widened his eyes at his daughter’s words. “Unnie said that?!”

“Yes. Unnie said she likes appa and Dabin now.” Dabin honestly replied which made Myungsoo so happy.

But right on the dot, his phone rang and it was from Chandoo.

“Chandoo! You called at the right time! I’ve got it now! I’ve figured it out! Dabin said Jiyeon-” Myungsoo stopped when he heard crying sounds from the line. “Chandoo? Are you crying? What’s wrong?”

“Jiyeon…”

“Jiyeon?! What’s wrong with her?! Chandoo-ah!”

“Jiyeon… She’s in the hospital now… Accident…”

Myungsoo dropped the phone in horror at the sudden news. “No… No… This isn’t happening…”


Done & Updated! =D