Episode Twelve

God of Study Season 2

Jiyeon just picked Dabin up from the childcare centre and they were happily walking down the streets until they were being stopped by someone.

Jiyeon looked away from Dabin only to find Baekhyun in front of her. “Baekhyun? What are you doing here?”

“Hyunjung-ah…”

Jiyeon let out a small sigh instead, “I’m not Hyunjung anymore, Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun shook his head and grabbed her arms instead, “Can we talk?”

“About?”

“Something important.”

“Okay then.” Jiyeon nodded her head, “What do you have to say?”

“Can we talk privately?”

Jiyeon shook her head and picked Dabin up, “You can talk to us, together. I promised no secrets with her.”

Dabin played with Jiyeon’s cheeks as she giggled happily at her answers. “No secrets!”

“That’s right.” Jiyeon cooed and pecked her cheek too, before turning her attention back to Baekhyun, “What is it you have to say, Baekhyun?”

Baekhyun sighed and decided to go with it in the end. “I broke up with Pulip.”

“What?! Why?!”

Dabin listened attentively, keeping still in her arms obediently since she could sense it was something serious.

“I thought the both of you are doing well?”

“Not at all.”

“What happened?!” Jiyeon probed, “Who’s in the wrong?”

“No one.” Baekhyun sighed before locking his eyes with hers again. “I broke off with her because I realized something.”

Jiyeon frowned and knew something bad was coming. “Baekhyun-ah…”

“I realized I didn’t love her from the beginning at all.” He cut her off instead. “I don’t love her. I was with her because I don’t want to believe my feelings for you.”

“Baekhyun…”

“I mean it, Hyunjung-ah.” Baekhyun seemed desperate. “I don’t love her at all. I wanted to think I love her so I went out with her.”

“But you did try to kiss her that night.”

“What nig-…”Baekhyun finally recalled and released the grip on her arm. “That was a mistake. I thought I loved her but no!”

“It doesn’t change the fact you tried to kiss her, Baekhyun.” Jiyeon sighed and took a step back but he moved towards her. “It’s all in the past now. It’s impossible between us, Baekhyun.”

“WHY?!”

“Because I don’t have feelings for you anymore. I’ve told you on the first day we met again, Baekhyun.” Jiyeon declared. “Those sparks for you were long gone. Those feelings weren’t there when I see you again.”

“Hyunjung-ah…”

“Think about it hardly, Baekhyun. I don’t think you love me. You love Pulip, alright. She’s the one for you.” Jiyeon advised and placed Dabin down before walking down the street with her again.

But on her third steps, she felt a tight hug from behind.

“I truly do love you…” Baekhyun sobbed against her neck and hugged her even tighter, “Don’t doubt that feeling for you. I mean it. You can stop loving me now but I still love you.”

“Baek…”

Baekhyun released the hug and planted a kiss on the side of her head, “Be happy.” And he was gone.

“Unnie~”

“Hmm?”

“Don’t cry.” Jiyeon touched her face only to realize tears were dropping down from her cheeks. She wiped them off and plastered a huge smile on her face again. “I’m not crying.”

“Unnie~”

“Hmm?”

“Does unnie like that oppa?”

“In the past, yes.” Jiyeon was truly honest with Dabin. “But not anymore.” Jiyeon smiled as she squatted down to her height and held onto her tiny arms. “Because…”

“Because?”

“Because in unnie’s heart… there’s someone else.”

Dabin giggled happily and hugged her tightly, “IT’S APPA! APPA! IT’S APPA, RIGHT?!”

Jiyeon smiled and pulled away from her hug, acting as though she was thinking. “Hmm… Nope! You’re wrong! It’s Dabin!”

Dabin giggled happily as Jiyeon picked her up again and they walked back home together happily.

However, unknown to Jiyeon and Dabin, her father was watching the whole scene. He was there to fetch Dabin together with Jiyeon since he was free but he just had to catch the whole scene unfolded in front of his eyes.

He couldn’t hear a word too, so he assumed Jiyeon liked it. He assumed that was why Jiyeon was so against the idea of being with him.

“So that’s why…” Myungsoo sighed as he leaned his heavy head against the steering wheel, “You have someone you like so you can’t like me. I’ve got it now. I know what to do now.”


Updated! =D