Episode Fourteen

God of Study Season 2

Myungsoo hurried to the hospital with Dabin after he returned to his senses. “CHANDOO-AH! WHERE IS SHE?! WHERE IS JIYEON!?”

Chandoo looked up from the ground and Myungsoo could see he was crying the whole time. “Chandoo-ah…”

“She… She’s still inside…”

Myungsoo sighed as he took a seat by his side before carrying Dabin into his arms. “Appa~”

“Eo?”

“Where is unnie?”

“Unnie is inside there.” Myungsoo tried hard not to cry as he pointed at the theatre’s door.

“Why is unnie in there?”

“Unnie is fighting with life now, Dabin-ah. We have to pray hard to God. We have to ask God not to take unnie away from us.”

“Unnie is going away?”

“If we pray hard, I’m sure God won’t take her away.” Myungsoo let his tears dropped before hugging Dabin tightly in his arms. “I’m sure God won’t take unnie away.”

Not knowing what was happening, Dabin snuggled up in his arms and did as told. “Dear God, appa said you can’t take unnie from us yet. Unnie has to be with us. Please don’t take unnie away from Dabin and appa.”

Myungsoo could only cry even harder when he heard that.

Soon after, Baekhyun ran over in his doctor’s robe. “Chandoo-ah.”

“Baekhyun.” Chandoo stood up just to greet Baekhyun and Myungsoo recognized him as the guy before.

“She’s still inside?!”

“Yes.”

Without further words, Baekhyun ran into the operating theatre at once. Myungsoo hugged the sleeping Dabin in his arms and sighed sadly, “That’s him. The one who loves her.”

Chandoo widened his eyes and turned to Myungsoo at once. “That’s impossible.”

“Why? I saw him hugged her, Chandoo.”

“He has a girlfriend! And his girlfriend is our friend! He doesn’t like Jiyeon before, needless to say now!”

Myungsoo frowned with tears filling his eyes again. “I felt so awful now, Chandoo-ah. Dabin told me everything.”

“Dabin?”

“She was with Jiyeon that day. Dabin said that man confessed to Jiyeon but she rejected him. She said that man loved Jiyeon years ago but he realized it now. But Jiyeon told him she doesn’t like him anymore. She liked us now. She liked Dabin and me now.”

Chandoo sighed as he took a seat by his side again, patting his shoulder to comfort him. “Jiyeon did love him before.”

Myungsoo stopped crying and looked at Chandoo instead.

“But that was years ago when we’re in high school. She would follow Baekhyun everywhere, like a gum as Baekhyun called her. Everyone could see she likes him but Baekhyun pushed her away. Baekhyun liked another friend of ours. Jiyeon felt so betrayed that time and she turned into a delinquent. But we managed to pull her back and everything was well again. After we graduated, Baekhyun went to university and she went to Paris. She went to pursue her dream but I know she wanted to forget Baekhyun. She only came back recently and found out the two of them is together, Baekhyun and our friend, Pulip.”

“She must be so sad.”

“Not really.” Chandoo smiled when he recalled her words. “I asked her before and she said she did felt a little betrayed since both are her friends but she doesn’t feel the spark for Baekhyun anymore. It wasn’t like before so she felt better actually. She felt happy. And then, she met you. Those sparks returned when she’s with you. That was what she told me before.”

“S-She… said that…?”

“Yes, hyung.”

“I was wrong.” Myungsoo cried, yet again. “I didn’t know that… and I assumed she likes Baekhyun too… I was so wrong…”

“It’s alright, hyung. Jiyeon will be better and you can apologize after that.”

“But who would do this to her?! How did she get into an accident?!” Myungsoo was still curious about this.

“They said it was at her apartment building car-park. She was being knocked down on purpose since the driver fled. The police are investigating on it now.”

“Don’t tell me it’s the same girl…”

“I don’t know too.” Chandoo sighed and took his phone out just to make a call to his friends and teachers to inform them about Jiyeon.

Bonggoo said he would come down and Chandoo dialed Pulip next.

Right then, Myungsoo caught the photo ID on Pulip’s contact number. “That girl…”

Chandoo finished speaking with Pulip and was about to keep his phone but Myungsoo took his phone over.

“Hyung!”

Myungsoo went into his contacts and pressed Pulip. “This girl!”

“What about her?”

“Who is she?!”

“She’s Baekhyun’s girlfriend. Gil Pulip. The one I told you about.”

“IT’S HER!” Myungsoo was so sure alright. “It’s her! I’m sure! I saw this face sitting on the driver’s seat that night I saved Jiyeon from the car! It’s her!”

“This can’t be! Hyung! Have you seen it wrongly?!”

“No, it can’t be. It’s her, I’m sure. Check with the police if this is the car plate number.” Myungsoo keyed the number into his phone before handing the phone back to him.

Chandoo did as told and dialed for the police at once, confirming it with them. The result simply horrified him.

“It’s true… This is the plate number shown on the CCTV…”

Myungsoo sighed deeply, “It’s her then. Everything clicks. Baekhyun still loves Jiyeon and Pulip wanted her out of the way. She wanted revenge.”

Chandoo informed the police again and they were off to get Pulip at once.

Baekhyun was out hours later and was faced with his friends and teachers. Myungsoo was the first to rush up to him with Dabin in his arms, “How is she? How is Jiyeon?!”

Baekhyun let out a small smile, “She’s fine. She’s out of danger now and she will be awake any moment.”

Everyone was so relieved to hear that.

Baekhyun told them the ward number and they went over after they settled Jiyeon in. Myungsoo placed Dabin by her side as they slept together on the bed comfortably. “Dabin is here to protect you too, Park Jiyeon. Don’t you dare sleep for long.”

Their friends and teachers let out a smile before leaving them alone with Jiyeon. Chandoo went up to Baekhyun when everyone was gone instead. “Baek…”

“I know. He loves her and she loves him. I know. I thought I would have a fair chance with her but I was wrong. I was too late.”


Updated!! :D