Episode One

God of Study Season 2

Jiyeon let out a sigh as she walked into her apartment building. The tiring day has finally ended. It was her last day of showcasing her gallery in the most prestige hotel in Paris and all of her paintings were sold.

Yes, all of it.

She was that amazing. She can paint real well and everyone loved her skills. Some paintings were even sold off at the highest price ever.

Jiyeon smiled as she felt relieved and satisfied. Her months of hard work paid off, and she was back to zero again.

After graduating from the high school with her other schoolmates, she left Korea – the pained city of hers – and went to Paris to pursue art. She did it thanks to Kang Suk Ho, the lawyer who once helped the five of them to get into Chun-Ha-Hae University.

Well, things happened, and Jiyeon decided to head to Paris instead.

She still could recall Suk Ho’s words when he came to look for her at her apartment back in Korea: “I know you want to leave this place, Na Hyungjung. That’s the reason I’m here. Take this money and go to Paris to pursue your dream. You did your best, young lady. Take this money and make me proud.”

With that, he left her apartment without waiting for her reply. Jiyeon looked at the cheque on her table for a little longer, before opening the note underneath the cheque. “Return the money after you had strived.”

She listened to him. She went to Paris and made a good investment on herself. Now that she had done it, she returned the amount to Suk Ho long ago, and had lots of savings still growing in her bank.

She was proud of herself and she was sure Suk Ho would be proud too. Even Soo Jung, their lovely teacher who helped her so much. Jiyeon kept in touch with Soo Jung occasionally and only her. No one else. No one else in Korea knows where she was since she doesn’t intend to let anyone else know.

Only Soo Jung.

Jiyeon walked to the letterbox and opened hers, getting out the letters issued to her.

She walked up to her apartment while flipping the envelopes around, acknowledging who sent it to her.

And her movements stopped when she saw the last envelope in the pile.

“To: Na Hyun Jung.”

Oh, how long have she not heard or seen that name.

Jiyeon looked at the logo on the top right of the envelope and sighed sadly to herself. It was the logo of the high school where she graduated from.

Knowing what was inside, she still opened the envelope and read it.

“Dear Hyunjung,

I hope you have not forgotten us! It’s the principal speaking and I’m writing this personally to all of the graduates of 2010.

We’re going to have an alumni party only for the graduates of 2010 and I hope you will be there. You are one of the mischievous kids I have ever had and well, honestly speaking, I do miss you.

Come and let me see you, would you?

Below are the details of the party! Be sure to come in your best attire as this will be a prom night that I owed you before.”

Jiyeon took note of the details and picked her phone up to call someone immediately.

“Hello? Ssem?!”

“Eo! Jiyeon-ah!”

“Ssem! Have you received the letter?”

“The alumni party?”

“Yeah~”

Soo Jung laughed madly, and Jiyeon knew what was happening at once. “Ssem! You organized the party, didn’t you?!”

“Of course I did! I want all of you to return together again!” Soo Jung cooed, explaining her thoughts at once. “I can’t wait to see my favorite students back together. The 5 of you are still my favorite after so many years!”

“Ssem~”

“I know you’re returning to Korea soon, Na Hyunjung. You will come, won’t you?”

“Ssem…”

“I will be there for you, Hyunjung.”

Jiyeon let out a sigh and smiled in the end, giving up to her favorite teacher too, “I’ll be there.”

“That’s my girl. Alright! I have lessons to go now. I’ll call you again!”

“Bye, ssem.”

“Eo~”

And the call ended soon after.

Jiyeon looked at the letter again and used her fingers to to logo lightly, “Will I be able to see you again? Can I take it?”

She was curious, yet anxious and scared.

She was curious about their lives, most importantly, his.

And she was anxious and scared to know about how much they had changed, most importantly, him.

And she was most afraid to confirm her feelings for him.

She wanted it to be gone.

She wanted the feelings to be faded away.

For all these years, she had not missed him at all. But she was afraid the feelings will be back when she saw him again.

She feared.

But she knew she had to face it one day.

And that day will come soon.


Finally updated! :D