Noona

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[CONTENTID1]NOONA[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

“You really have beautiful long fingers you know.”

Hakyeon flatly said, his voice was just flat.

 

Leo’s eyebrow furrowed at Hakyeon’s words and he brought his fingers up to his face, perceiving the said object.

“Well, I did get a lot of praise for it… thanks….” Leo murmured.

And then he noticed, looking away from his hand to his forward he couldn’t help but to raise his eyebrow. Hakyeon was standing there, waving his hands that went right past him, with a determined look on his face. A drop of sweat formed on Leo’s forehead.

“Umm…. What are you doing?” He asked. Hakyeon heard him but didn’t stop whatever he was doing.

“Checking if I could hold you or not…” He said, hand still passing through Leo’s body.

 

Leo felt his face twisting in a sick way,

“What?” and he took steps backwards.

Hakyeon stoped, hands in the midair, unsure of what to do.

“You can’t….” Leo said, just stating a fact.

Hakyeon didn’t seem like Leo’s words passed his ears as he soon raised his hand to Leo, showing Leo his palm.

“Then you do it….” Hakyeon demanded.

Leo wanted to protest, but he also felt that was only just a waste of energy. So he rolled his eyes and obeyed the human’s order. Leo hesitated a little just before he was about to hold Hakyeon’s hand, it was something in Hakyeon’s eyes that made him stammer. And Hakyeon held his breath at that moment, he was sure of something.

And then, Leo’s hand passed through Hakyeon.

Leo’s face didn’t change, but Hakyeon’s eyes widened. He was really shocked, Leo wondered what got in the mind of Hakyeon suddenly that he had actually was shocked of the outcome.

“What’s wrong?” he calmly asked.

Hakyeon remained in that dumb position for quite a while, he seemed as if he had become a statue suddenly. Leo waved his hand at Hakyeon to to break him from his daze, but it didn’t happen. Even calling his name didn’t work. So he squinted at his partner, to get a closer look. And Hakyeon screamed, making Leo startled. Leo sometimes wondered, who was the ghost here.

“Try to touch my forehead…. Come on!” Hakyeon desperately asked, Leo, looking at Hakyeon’s bemused glittering eyes became even more confused.

 

What is going on in his mind?

 

Leo again sighed in defeat and followed what he was told. The outcome was exactly what he had expected, well, he didn’t know what else the other one was expecting.

 

“B-but, it felt warm a few moments ago…” Hakyeon snarled, feeling confused, did he just imagine it? But then the finger mark. He was sure that Ravi didn’t touch him that day, but Leo tried to, he guessed.

“You felt it as well, didn’t you? I mean if I feel it, then you must feel it as well. Here, right here! Didn’t you feel it?” Hakyeon was touching the said spot on his forehead. He seemed sincere but Leo couldn’t quite decide how to react to that sincerity. His frown deepened. Taking a few steps back he spun on his heel, making his way to the corner.

“Don’t you think you just want to touch me?” and he drawled.

The older stomped his way to go and stand before him, trying to block Leo’s way. Leo paused, his eyes holding a deflating look.

 

“well, no- I mean yes.. I mean… wait! In the morning, when you talked to me, leaning over me! Your breath! I felt it over my face!” Hakyeon screeched on Leo’s face, then slowly murmured, “I think….”

Leo squinted at his partner, dark orbs looking darker thanks to his confused state, he slowly parted his lips, then again clamped it shut. As if he were thinking of how to sort his words, Hakyeon looked at him with bright eyes. He thought maybe, maybe Leo had felt or remembered something.

“Hakyeon-ah~” His voice was smooth, he locked his eyes with Hakyeon. Hakyeon catching his breath, enthusiastically waited for his answer.

“Are you falling for me?” Leo murmured under his breath.

 

Wait….what?

 

-------------------

“So Hakyeon hyung knew about Ken……” Hongbin said pensively, sitting on one of the stools of his working place. After getting out of his house he didn’t know where else to go and sit down, where people wouldn’t suspect them. Therefore the place was none other than his own workplace. It was Wednesday, and he didn’t know why but the customers were always less at this day of the week. Just the workers slacking off in their places, the girl workers themselves checking out the clothes hanging in the shop and of course the higher ups such as the owner and photographers in the upper floor. Hongbin thought today was one of those days when some pretty lady was posing as the model, because he could hardly see any male workers down there. Not that Hongbin had to care about it. Ravi was leaning his back on a wall behind Hongbin. He too was concerned. A look of betrayal on their face.

 

“SO WHY THE HELL DO WE NOT KNOW?” Hongbin snapped, stomping his left feet on the ground hard he stood up, facing Ravi. Ravi was in some sorts of daze, he didn’t notice when Hongbin had stood before him.Only after had Hongbin gave him a slight shook he looked up.

“Huh?” Ravi hummed.

“Did you hear anything that I had said?”

The answer was no. He truly did not hear anything that his friend had said. Ravi had his own thoughts in his mind, which was none the less way more stupid than anything Hongbin could have said. But, he wondered, how far could Ken’s power go. If he actually could control ghost, that was.

“Do you think ghosts kill people?” Ravi asked, he seemed to be again lost. He was not looking at Hongbin either, his eyes seemed to falter somewhere in the distance. Hongbin thought how to even answer that silly question. If Ravi wanted some answer that was already told by the millions of people around the whole world that ghosts don't exist, or I wouldn't know because I’d never seen one then he wouldn't have asked that question at a serious time like this. He needed an actual answer, and he was being serious.

Dead serious.

 

Hongbin scratched the back of his head with his left hand and put the right one in his Jean's pocket.

Then slowly he answered, “Maybe...I mean the movies always showed that they kill….”

“ahh… What if he is a killer, and trying to frame me?” Ravi asked Hongbin.

“He being…..who?” Hongbin perked his eyebrow.

“Ken!”

Hongbin could feel his face twisting hearing such a ridiculous accusations but he also knew Ravi was not practically in his sane state. Like, he tried to frame N hyung, there was no way Ravi’s brain was working fine. Hongbin moved up his hand from the back of his neck to his hair, ruffling it.

“I don't think that’s possible….but then again I haven’t seen any ghosts yet.” He replied,uncertainty was visible in his tone. He was glad that at least it didn't sound like mockery.

“But… It's obvious that one of us is a murderer!” Ravi said, gesturing expensively around himself. Hongbin’s hand stopped moving inside of his hair.

 

“Ya! How can you be so sure!”

 

“May be I’m the killer!” Ravi ignored Hongbin.

“Maybe he made me kill them without letting me know that I am doing it…” And then Ravi was panicking.

“No…you are not…. Neither is Ken.”

“How can you be so sure?”

Hongbin opened his mouth to say something, but then fell shut, considering the loud bang from somewhere on the first floor of the shop.

Ravi and Hongbin both turned, the bang was loud but the commotion wasn't that loud. That made Hongbin curious and he went to visit.

There he saw Hyuk, as usual wearing his suit and all. Just in a messy way, but what was different is that he had his hair colored dark blue. It snatched the childishness within himself and drew out the manliness, his hawlike feature looked sharper. He wanted to ask when he had the time to dye his hair when he was a blonde only yesterday night. However, considering when Hyuk passed by both Ravi and Hongbin to end up stumbling upon another mannequin on the way, Hongbin decided maybe he shouldn't. Hyuk’s eyes seemed lifeless to him for someone so cheerful. If he had to be compared, then he would say Ravi looked more livelier than him yesterday, the difference was that Ravi had been stuck to the ground and Hyuk was moving around. Hyuk didn't even notice the workers that greeted him a good day as he walked out of the shop.

“Is it because of yesterday?” Ravi asked, finally one normal question. Hongbin doubted it was the reason, but that could be the only explanation since they had been only thinking about it, and Hyuk had also been the youngest to meddle in a murder case. It could have taken a toll on him. Normally it would cause Hongbin to sympathize but, he didn't know why, his face twisted in disgust.

For Lord’s sake……….they're not even our friends…

 

Hongbin tucked his both hands in his pocket and walked away.

---------------------------

 

The car moved smoothly as it perked before a mansion. Actually, it had nothing that could define it as a mention from outside since it just seemed like how a normal villa would look like. And one looking at it from outside would only be able to notice the large front yard that most likely could be called as a half jungle that had only one path connecting the front door and the villa- as its only specialty. It was Hyuk who just called it mansion because of it's large interiors.

Hyuk got down from the car, he could very well drive all the way to the main door of the house, but for some reason he decided to walk to it. The front gate was quite a walk from the main door of his parents’ house. Hyuk walked, and his manager followed. The idea was not a welcoming one, if it was yesterday then Hyuk was sure that his manager would have been bickering about how his idea had increased his job thanks to the splatter of mud on his clothes. But today was different, his manager silently followed his steps. The only sound Hyuk could hear was the sound of his foot stepping on the wet concrete path and some creaks from the branches of the trees that was lined up on the both sides of the path. The path was already dark considering the trees letting a very little light passing through their leaves and branches, and the silence added extra effect. It gave an eerie feeling.

The design of his house always had disturbed him, of how there was only one concrete road that connected the main door of their house with the front gate, and the rest of the area was just pure soiled ground that would turn into a mud sea when it rained. He used to complain a lot about this design when he was a child, the memories are vague but some parts still too strong to forget. One of those memories was of his father saying that it meant being close to the nature and he would retort by saying,

It’s not being close! It’s just you didn’t want to waste money to buy an actual plot so you decided to make a house inside of a forest.

He didn’t know that buying a forest was much more expensive than buying an actual plot. And the next part would always be the loneliest, where he would look around and see his sister sitting on a metal chair under a tree and looking at its leaves, sometimes searching for bird nests. She would sometimes pick up baby birds that would fall from the trees, and make a fuss about it, cry to everyone to fix it. They mostly died, but if some managed to walk or stay alive, her joy knew no bound. She even had a bird that had one of its wings broken, it never got fixed, so she kept it to herself.

Hyuk didn’t like the broken bird, they had a jungle filled with birds around them but she only loved the broken one. That’s why Hyuk brought a beautiful perfect bird to her once, she smiled that day. But Hyuk always felt that she liked the broken bird over the pretty beautiful one.

In his childhood, Hyuk didn’t understand, Hyuk loathed that idea. But when he became thirteen he realized, maybe she liked it because it reminded of her.

 

It took him a good ten minute walk to reach the main door. He rang the calling bell, and after thirty seconds the door was opened. Unlike outside, where nature was disturbing to the point that Hyuk called it a jungle the inside was disturbing to the point where he called it a shop. Again, he had to take in a few moments to take in all the faces of the new furniture and curtains. The paint on the wall seemed different as well, before it was light blue, now they changed it to golden. A drastic change if he had to comment. He looked around, the design of the house was, as guessed the same. The staircase to the second floor still at the west. The room number was also still the same.. The extra unnecessarily large living room on the opposite side of the staircase had some new types of furniture in it. He didn’t even know what to call those. They never changed the blueprints of this house. He had always wanted a music room, but thanks to lack of room they never gave it to him. because they just wouldn’t change the blueprints

 

“Madam is in the kitchen..” One of the maid that had been following him said. He wasn’t practically wondering about where the madam of this house was but he could use that information. He had to meet her either way.

He made his way to the kitchen, surely he didn’t expect the said madam to be cooking, come’n that wouldn’t make her the queen of Han family. She was merely standing there, instructing everyone on what should be done and what shouldn’t. Hyuk slowly walked to her, he wondered how to appear before her since wrapping his hand around her would most likely to seem cheesy to him.

Hyuk just stood there frozen. As if to take in the scenery of her maintaining her household.

He only got noticed when the lady had turned around to call another servant. It was then, when their eyes had met ,Hyuk gave a nervous smile, she on the other hand sent a diligent one. Walking up to him, she grabbed his shoulders gently. She was tall, not as him but her height was daringly tall for any normal lady. She was a model in her early year, so in view of that it never was a shock. What Hyuk didn’t understand was why he was tall, when his sister should have been the taller one.

“It has been a while….. I thought you wouldn’t come.” She drawled in a sweet tone. Her voice always made Hyuk uneasy, he didn’t know why but he used to lose his cool whenever he had seen her before. He nervously smiled.

“Now that you are here, why don’t you change up? Your condition does not seem like you had slept well, or dressed well in any way. Are you tensed? Have you not been eating well?” This time her voice sounded comforting.

Hyuk casually just shrugged his shoulders and let a childish grin play in his lips.

“ I know how to eat…” Hyuk childishly replied, a slow pout forming. The lady replied the pout with another delightful grin of her, hand sliding of the shoulder to halt at his arms.

“Surely you have grown up a lot..” She hummed. Not acknowledging the heavy sigh she projected Hyuk gave her a fine little nod.

“Where is sis?” Hyuk asked, he felt nervous. But he hoped his mother had not quite noticed that tension in his voice.

She was expecting the answer, Hyuk could tell. Pointing at the door of the kitchen with her eyes she eventually replied,

“In her room….”

Hyuk bowed his head a little, to show his gratitude. The upturn of his lips were genuine.

“Thanks aunt, I’ll check her..” And he walked away.

His butler was quiet, too quiet, maybe to show of his professionalism at his boss’s house, Hyuk couldn't quite think of any other reason. Even when Hyuk passed the hallway to cut a corner where no one was standing, or could hardly come to anyone's view he remained silent. Hyuk always hated how the inside of the house was always this large. That is why all the people inside of this house could never feel the bond tightening between themselves, they always walked distant. Rather than knowing that they are blood bonded, they had no other attraction towards each other that one family would have. And that did no good to Hyuk either, rather than to spoil his values to the point where he himself ended up hating him. He didn't know why he was thinking about all these irrelevant things when he had came here only to meet the guy that his sister would be introduced to.

He could have really liked a companion at this time.

“Won't you talk?”

“I have nothing to report,master.” He replied, in a stern voice. He was walking behind him, Hyuk imagined him having an equal stern face as well.

“I didn't ask for you to report. I want you to talk till we reach her room.” Hyuk snapped, his voice was louder than usual, his manager remained unflinched.

 

Perhaps you should walk a bit faster then.

was what his manager wanted to reply. But he didn’t. He asked what bugged him,

“Why do you call her aunt, and mr. Cha, umma?” He asked, voice calm. Hyuk flinched by the question but took a moment to reply.

“Well, she never told me to cal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter