No sense

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]NO SENSE[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

“Hakyeon-ah~”

Leo asked from behind as Hakyeon silently waited for the elevator. He was waiting with his mentor, he couldn’t really reply so a simple nod was all that he could offer to Leo.

“Are you busy this Monday?” Leo murmured, somehow as if he was going to be guilty of whatever he was about to say. Hakyeon looked from the corner of his eyes, Leo was looking at a poster stuck on the wall about some concert or something. Judging Leo’s vision, Hakyeon decided that Leo was probably looking at the date. The door of the elevator opened up, but Hakyeon didn’t realize, his eyes still focused on Leo.

“Are you coming?” a voice and Hakyeon turned around, four people standing inside of the elevator. They were the other competitor of this competition, tiredness and annoyance were both present on their face. Well, they were all practicing and now they can’t even reach the ground floor because one guy is staring at off to who knows where.

Hakyeon took a step forward then took two step backward. Bowing his head a little, he started to walk towards the poster. The door of the elevator closed behind him, as he took a halt beside Leo.

 

“A concert….. you interested?” Hakyeon asked eyeing the concert detail. It was of some idol group called 2pm.

“No…” Leo silently replied.

Hakyeon faced him, a little grin on his face,

“Then? I’m sure you already know that I have my training schedule that day as well, also the next round would be on Wednesday, so I’ll be pretty busy.”

“I know,” Leo replied, his voice almost sounded like a slur. Hakyeon folded his arms before his chest, as he again turned his head to the poster.

“Why do you want to go there? To celebrate?”

Leo looked from the corner of his eyes, perking his eyebrow up, asking what. Hakyeon catching the question flatly replied,

“Your one month of being here….. but it ends on the Friday doesn’t it?” Hakyeon continued, his eyes looked around a little for the reason of Monday, and because of that he failed to see how deep his flat words have wounded Leo. Leo on the other hand found his hands trembling a little, he clenched them into a fist.

“One month……. It’s over?” Leo asked , Hakyeon’s eyes turned to him. Even from one glance he realized Taekwoon was not aware of it. Hakyeon removed his hands from his chest, letting them rest on the both side as he tilted his head a little.

“You didn’t know?”

Leo looked away. A bit  angered by how Hakyeon was acting on that matter. Like it has already been a frigging month, he was telling him that he had only two month left but acted like it was such a normal matter.

How could he do that? Doesn’t it bother him at all?

“Then…why do you want to go to a concert? I thought you wanted to celebrate, but… judging you, it seemed like this thought crossed your head for the first time today…”

“I don’t want to,” Leo meekly replied, walking away from the poster towards the staircase. Hakyeon once called out but Leo didn’t budge.

Celebrate? How could he even think that…tch…..

Hakyeon kept quiet as he climbed down the stairs. He looked at Leo a few times, but Leo wouldn’t look at him, he just lowered his head all the time. It’s not like Hakyeon did not know what was the reason for his sudden silence. Surely he was shocked too, when Leo asked for whether he was busy or not. I mean his one month was gone now, how could he think of even celebrating it. But he wanted to sound positive for Leo’s sake, after all if Leo wanted to enjoy his almost close to the freedom part then he should support him as well, but it seemed his positivity backfired on him. And all he could do is curse his large mouth for being so much talkative. Hakyeon surfed through his brain to find a suitable subject to talk about also that will help to break the wall now, but couldn’t.

“How was my performance today?” Hakyeon gleefully asked, a slight brighter than his actual tone. Leo sending his back a glare again focused on the floor. The only light in the whole staircase flickered as if it might turn off at any moment. Hakyeon waited for him to reply, seemingly he wouldn’t he again repeated his question, this time a little more louder.

“How was my practice?”

“What do you want?” Leo shot back.

Hakyeon paused on his step.

“Well, I want to know if you liked my dance or not.”

“Yes I did.”

“That’s not from the bottom of your heart.”

“I just replied you. So shut up..”

Hakyeon heaved out a sigh, putting his hands in his pockets he looked at Leo in his eyes, lips pursing like a cat.

“You know, it also seemed weird to me that you wanted to celebrate your one month of death. It’s not my fault that you suddenly felt like going to a concert!”

“I didn’t want to.”

“How am I supposed to know if you did or not, you asked it, so I thought maybe you wanted to celebrate it. I just followed my instinct. I’m sorry that it happened to hurt you, but honestly if anyone were in my shoes they would have thought the-”

“Ya….” Leo cut him off. Hakyeon stopped looking at the expression on Leo’s face, the ghost seemed as if someone was burning him with the flame of hell- to Hakyeon. Hakyeon again began to look for what he had said that had hurt him. Well he didn’t need to look for long, because Leo himself just clarified the reason.

“Are you really that glad?” Leo’s voice sounded unstable, Hakyeon blinked a few times.

“You know, you really can turn my words into something else.. when did I ever sound happy?”

“You seem like you don’t care at all.”

Hakyeon scoffed, clicking his tongue once he looked at him with a narrowed eye,

“Leo….are you mad at me because my words were stupid or mad at me because I didn’t start crying while saying that?”

“w-What?” Leo stammered.

Does that even make any sense?

“I do care Leo. I just tried to sound happy for your sake…”

“How? Your words don’t sound like it.”

Hakyeon heaved out a sigh. Rubbing his temple once with his left hand he just turned around and started walking. He had practiced hard enough all day long, he didn’t have any other energy left. He was too tired to even reply.

“Fine…. I’ll watch what I sound like from now on.” Hakyeon replied deflated, Leo scowled a little, and silence again greeted them, till they reached the door of his hotel room.

“Leo….” Hakyeon said holding the doorknob. Leo started to walk towards  the door, not even caring about him, he just passed that wall. Hakyeon bit his lip, trying to calm himself down a bit. Anger was also building up inside of him. He let go of the doorknob, pressing his back on the door he took out his phone. The calendar still had the day of his arrival marked with red. Even the day of one month being full is marked. These two months were filled with red circle, from the day Leo came to Hyuk’s bday, then Leo’s one month, then his own birthday, after that…Hakyeon frowned at the phone screen. He didn’t really like this month, it’s always marked with red. Too much redness, and now extra dates to be marked. He hated the thought. Hakyeon let out a loud exhale, putting the phone back into his pocket.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter