Nothingness.

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]NOTHINGNESS[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Hakyeon entered the studio. Turning the lights on and putting down his backpack,  he straight went to the stereo.  Thinking which song he should dance to, in the competition. Leo doing his casual job, just went in a corner and sat down. Looking at what Hakyeon was doing.

 

“What do you think? Should I dance on a Korean song or an English song?”

 

Leo didn’t change his phrase. He just gave him an empty stare.

 

“Have you heard the song ‘Paper Thin’? You called me that yesterday?”

 

“I did?”

 

“Yes,” Hakyeon turned to him.

 

“I haven’t heard it.”

 

“hmm…..I was thinking of dancing to that though.” Hakyeon whimpered.

 

 

“Hyung, are you in?” Hongbin’s voice echoed in that half empty room as he entered the practice room.

 

“Ahh, Hongbinnie… You are already here?”

Leo shifted his gaze to the young man that entered the room.

 

“hmm…. Ravi told me that you had something to do with me,” He said avoiding Hakyeon’s eyes.

 

“Yes, I want you to do collaboration with me.” Hakyeon said sending him an ear to ear grin.

 

“ah….I see…” he still didn’t look up. He just nodded his head. Hakyeon turned to the stereo again, to select which song they will be preparing. While Leo observed the man , biting his lips with a nervous gaze, as if he want to say something but he couldn’t.

 

Finally he decided to say it anyway.

 

“Hyung, yesterday when I returned home, I found Ravi crying…”

 

“huh….why?” Hakyeon darted his gaze at him.

 

“Well…..he was crying because you called him a murderer.” Hongbin’s voice was in full volume now.

 

“Murderer? I never called him that…..”

 

“You didn’t? But he said you interrogated hi-“

 

“I asked him, why he didn’t know about Yang Yeseob’s death despite of going there.” Hakyeon sternly cut him off.

 

“Well, why would you ask him that?” Hongbin retorted.

 

“Why can’t I? Most importantly, why did he think that I called him a killer?”Hakyeon said in a serious tone.

 

“well…maybe…I dunno….” Hongbin gave up.

Hakyeon shifted his gaze to the stereo. Turning on the remix version of Britney Spears “Toxic” he started to walk towards Hongbin.

 

“This is the song we are going to use. So we better start planning. By the way, where is Ravi now? He said he would send two female dancers. It’d have been better if we planned with them.”

 

Hakyeon said in a calm tone. But knowing Hakyeon for a long time it didn’t take Hongbin much time to realize that Hakyeon was annoyed and troubled now. And as for Leo….. hearing Hakyeon’s questions he became confused.

 

So……motherly love only exists for…Hongbin? Why is he so much suspicious of Ravi now?

 

“Ravi is going to Jeju-do today. With his group…..as some back up dancer or something I dunno…”

Hongbin just replied.

Leo stared at the two sitting figure discussing how they were going to perform and writing it down in a white paper. Now he was too confused of who to even suspect now. Even Ravi felt like a suspect to him now.

Maybe I’m thinking too much. It really doesn’t matter who the murderer is…..I’ll disappear anyway……

 

Leo heaved out a sigh. And Hakyeon played the song again, showing Hongbin how the steps will be like and what he had to do. Hongbin looked at him with grave seriousness plastered on his face and nodded with every single one of Hakyeon's word. Leo didn’t understand what Hakyeon was doing though. He just grimaced at Hakyeon’s movement, after failing to understand what he was doing.

 

The “Showing-how-to-dance” lasted for almost 4 hours, and the younger one was already dead tired. He was panting real hard, however Hakyeon looked as if he had only started. There was not even a single lash of tiredness on his face. And was it a surprise if I said that they haven’t even tried dancing on the whole  song…I suppose not.

Hongbin’s heart was beating so fast, and his legs felt so weak that if he could he would just lie down there and never stand up. Leo felt bad for the kid. Hakyeon didn’t even let him drink water. They needed a break, but Leo knew very well Hakyeon wasn’t the type to give break this early.

 

The practice session went for another hour ,and finally Hakyeon decided to give Hongbin a break. Hakyeon went and sat beside Leo, holding a water bottle in his hand. Leo looked at his side.  The sweat drops formed on his forehead was now rolling down. It really was way too much hot in the studio.

 

“It’s so much tiring.”Hakyeon said throwing the water bottle at a side.

 

“You seem to be happy though.”

 

“Do I?” Hakyeon snorted.

 

Leo just smiled silently. Hakyeon rolled his eyes before again drifting his gaze to Hongbin who was now lying on the ground flatly.

 

“Aren’t they too young to be a murderer?” Hakyeon mumbled

 

“Nope…” Leo fixed his eyes on the lying figure as well.

 

“They’re only 19,” Hakyeon stated.

 

“The one that killed my old man was even younger.”

 

Hakyeon slowly turned around, with sparkling eyes. Leo looked at him with the corner of his eyes.

 

“If you remember him that clearly then why didn’t you tell the cops to capture him?” ‘astonished’ would be perhaps a little too less to express Hakyeon’s reaction at that moment.

 

“I did….they thought I was imagining stuf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter