Find A New Place

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]FIND A NEW PLACE[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Huh?

 

Leo blinked twice at Hakyeon’s sudden declaration of not being able to see his hand.

 

“I can't see your right palm… I can't see anything starting from your wrist..your fingers, palm nothing...” Hakyeon sounded apprehensive.

 

“What are you saying?” His husky voice held confusion in it.

 

“I’m saying the truth!!” he was slightly panicked.

 

“What do you mean? Its right here,”Leo was appalled.

 

“It’s right here so ho….”he paused.

 

How Hakyeon hold the smoothie glass so easily while he felt his hand was almost broken, how he danced yesterday so easily while he yelped in pain, it all hit him.

 

He’s lying… Right?

 

Hakyeon stared right into the trembling eyes of the latter. The latter was suddenly scared. Hakyeon himself was not less confused, but seeing the fear in those eyes, he shut himself up. He did not know how to reply him anymore.

 

Leo looked at his right knee. He asked Hakyeon in a trembling voice, “can you see my foot?”

.

.

.

Hakyeon’s silence gave the answer away. What could he do now. Leo did not look at Hakyeon. He shut his eyes to understand the reason. Nothing came to his mind, except the words from Hakyeon and Ken,

 

You are here for revenge….

 

Unfulfilled wish….

 

And the sight of the ticket falling from Hongbin’s wallet flashed before him.

 

Am I really here to get revenge? Did I ever wish to see my killer?  Have I found him… Is that why I’m disappearing??

 

One question produced another one, soon resulting in a web of questions inside his head, but the questions had no answer. He didn't know what was going on, so how could he find answer. Again he was at a loss.

 

“Okay, Leo, listen, I know you are shocked. But let's discuss what’s going on with you, together… Okay?”

 

“I think Hongbin is my killer…, “ Leo whispered those words so easily, making Hakyeon all confused again.

 

Hakyeon nervously cackled a bit while he clasped his hands together, “It's not a time to joke,Leo… I know you are confused but sa….”

 

“I’m not joking.”

 

Hakyeon hands formed a grip.

 

“Explain.. “ Hakyeon said dryly.

 

“Yesterday at cafe, while he handed you Sanghyuk’s card, a piece of paper fell.. “ his voice sounded serious.

 

“Yes, and I picked it up…” he hardly noticed how his voice became strained.

 

“That was my concert ticket…”

 

“That proves nothing..” Hakyeon gave him a cautious look.

 

“That proves EVERYTHING Hakyeon!” Leo growled.

 

Hakyeon’s grip got stronger.

 

“It all happened after I noticed that. Ken said I’m stuck here to get revenge, or because of my unfulfilled wish. And after I saw that, after I saw my killer I started to feel pain, and now you are saying you can't see me. It only.. “

 

“But you said you don't want revenge.” Hakyeon cut him off.

 

“I.. “ he winced, “I dunno… “ his eyes softened as he hid them in his palms.

 

Hakyeon released his grip, and in the meantime they heard a knock on the front door.

 

Hakyeon got up on his feet to check who it was, but he stopped before his room’s door.

 

“Fix your theory before you force them on my donseangs Leo. I’ve known them for a long time, and you…” And he left the room, with Leo alone sitting on the bed.

 

Hakyeon’s voice held fury, and Leo very much understood what a grave mistake he made then. Hakyeon was right, he knew them very well, so even if Hong bin was the murderer, he did not hold the right to accuse him without enough evidence. Of course Hakyeon will take Hongbin’s side, he was his dongsen, his so called son.

 

Great! Now he hates me totally….

 

Hakyeon stood in the hallway, looking at Ken having a conversation with Eunji, who was still in he Pajamas…

 

“AH!! N!!!” Eunji past by Ken and stood before Hakyeon.

 

“Why are you here ,so early?” Hakyeon’s voice still sounded stern.

 

“I got a good news!”

 

Eunji said putting her hands on her waist with a gleeful look on her face.

 

“Hn.. “ and that was all he could muttered.

 

“Won't you ask what it is?” Eunji said, raising her eyebrows.

 

“What?”he sluggishly replied.

 

“Are you sick?” Eunji said as she rose her hand to touch Hakyeon’s forehead. But Hakyeon shoved it away. Even Eunji’s affection seemed annoying to him.

 

“Just say what you came to say… “

 

The gleeful look on Eunji’s face had dropped, and was now replaced with hurt and disbelief. She slowly pulled out an envelope from the pocket of her pajama and handed it to Hakyeon. Hakyeon took it, and without even looking inside of it he said,

 

“Thanks.” But the sincerity was, missing.

 

“Will you not open it?”

 

“You can go now,”and, Hakyeon turned around to go back to his room again.

 

Eunji grabbed him by his arm.

 

“Wait… It's a wild card challenge. KBD has, sent letters to 5 contestants who dropped out but had potential..”

 

“Five?”

Hakyeon started to turn around.

 

Eunji nodded.

“Yes, so work hard and make sure to get chosen.”

 

Nothing is easy in this world I guess…

 

“I’ll try…” and Hakyeon pulled his hand away from her grab.

 

Eunji was really hurt. And Ken understood the tension in the air, so he stepped in to fix the mood.

 

“Ahh.. Eunji-sshi…. I’ve made pancakes for breakfast. Wanna try?”

 

Ken said while pulling Eunji by her hand. After taking two steps Eunji stopped,

 

“Hakyeon, come and eat with me.”

 

“I’m full..” He started to walk towards his room.

 

“Then again..” He stopped on his track, “There's no harm in watching you eating.” Hakyeon said while turning around again sending Eunji a fake smile.

 

And he started to walk off to the kitchen.

 

Leo looked at Hakyeon, taking large steps towards the other room after seeing him standing at the door. And, Leo could feel that small pinch of pain on the chest area, where his heart was supposed to be.

 

Eunji and Hakyeon both sat on the edge of that small bed, while Ken put two less burnt pancakes on a plate for Eunji. Ken handed the plate to Eunji and Hakyeon only sat still, looking at the ceiling. Eunji bowed her head a little and Ken left to fetch her a glass of water.

 

*phone ring*

 

Hakyeon turned to his left to see Ken’s phone ringing by the pillow. A piece of white paper was placed under it.

 

“Ken your phone…”Hakyeon said as he took the phone in his hand. Ken ran to Hakyeon and went out of the room. Hakyeon took the paper in his hand. Something was written on it.

 

Seeing Hakyeon focusing on something, Eunji could not stop herself from seeing what he was looking at. So she moved closer to Hakyeon and fixed her eyes on the paper as well. It was a poem. Eunji read it out loud.

 

I thought it was love tha…………

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter