What?

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]WHAT?[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Hakyeon ruffled the towel over his head for the final time, trying to wipe the water of his hair. He didn’t expect the rain to start so suddenly, and now he was soaked. Looking across the room he found Leo almost crumpled up in a corner, with his large hands hugging himself. The ghost seemed to be shivering from coldness. He was shivering from coldness…

Hakyeon sneezed once, that made him feel light headed for some odd reason.

“Bless you..” Leo whispered, more like mewed. Hakyeon didn’t know why but he felt a giggle making its way upto his throat. There was no one in te studio at that time, well if you were to count the cctv as something that equaled to a person then there was a third person in there as well. Hakyeon didn’t bother about that. He moved forward, towards the corner.

“Cold?” Hakyeon asked, slyly.

Leo gave a childish nod. Hakyeon didn’t know why, but Leo seemed extra cute to him today. He giggled.

“You look so cute when you feel cold..”

“It means you are cold as well….”

“Ow my! Kitten even knows how to retort back! What a nice kawaii pet you are there!” Hakyeon said, raising his hand over the head of the other, acting like he was patting him. The smile on his face only grew wider. Leo growled.

“I should take you to those cafes with a lot of cats. I haven’t ever visited one, so it would be good to visit one with you!” Hakyeon was in a good mood. Perhaps he had a ice sleep yesterday night, Leo thought. A small smile broke into the poker faced feature of his.

“And when would you do that?” Leo tried to act a little curious. For some reason going to a café with Hakyeon….the idea seemed fairly appealing to him. Something that he might want to look forward to.

“I dunno! How about you? Is there somewhere that you would like to go to?”

Leo seemed dumbfounded for a while, then he shyly opened his mouth,

“I wanted to visit the sea this year…”

“The sea?” Hakyeon asked, fixing himself on the floor right next to Leo.

Leo gave another shy nod. Hakyeon didn’t know why he felt so shy suddenly, but since Leo looked cute when he was acting all shy shy, he didn’t feel like he should care. In fact he was liking it, the air around them was so free now, it seemed relaxing. He felt as if they were finally able to take a single steps towards each other after taking several steps backwards. The thought was sustaining, He wondered if it could always go on like that or not.

“After the concert was over… I haven’t been to one for last five years..”

“Well, I have never even been to one.” Hakyeon bluntly replied.

Leo looked at him dumbfounded,

“You are joking, right?”

The elder shook his head, from side to side. There was basically no reason for him to lie at this point. He truly did never went to a sea beach, just simply because he didn’t feel like it. He didn’t understand what made people go so crazy over the heels for sea beaches. To his it was the same as a river, with the difference that you can drink river water at some places, but you can and should never try sea water.

“Hmm… we should visit these places then…. Which sea shall we go to I wonder…” Hakyeon said, index scratching his chin.

“How about Jeju?”

“Jeju? Hmm… sounds good!” Hakyeon clapped his hands together. He could see the slight blush on Leo’s face, the ghost was excited. Hakyeon felt good. It was good, the atmosphere around him was good now.

“When?” Leo tried to act not too desperate, but his voice was higher than usual. Hakyeon again giggled.

“Well, I have this competition next month as well, if I don’t get eliminated. So it’s hard to do so within the next month. How about the month after that?” Hakyeon asked quite enthusiastically, but noticed how the blush slowly disappeared from Leo’s face. Hakyeon couldn’t quite make out why Leo was down so suddenly,

 “What’s wrong?” Hakyeon asked, voice presenting every single possible symptoms of showing how confused he was.

Leo slowly shook his head once, then looked at his feet. He sat with his knees up to his chest, so the situation quite made him look like a damsel in distress.

“You wanna go earlier?” Hakyeon again asked, voice soft as it could get.

Leo waited a while, before letting out a soft sigh.

“Hakyeon…”

“Uhmmm…”

“I only have one month left… By the time you finish your competition,”

Leo raised his face, eyes fixing into Hakyeon’s. His dark feline eyes held just a simple sadness, and a half broken smile flashed across his face, he simply shrugged. Hakyeon was expecting a smile from him, but certainly not the type Leo had showed. He pondered what could he had said wrong. It wasn’t as if he had said something stupid like celebrating his one month death anniversary again. And then it hit him. The smile dropped even for his face, he looked away. Leo also looked away from him, they stared at the large mirrors of the dancing room. Hakyeon felt colder.

He didn’t know what he could say.

“Are you certain that it’s only three months?” Hakyeon whispered. It was a foolish question to ask, Leo had been saying three months from the very first day. Yet he asked, he pondered who was it that gave him that time? How did he know?

“Hmm..”

“How do you know?”

Leo kept his mouth shut for a while, looking assiduously at his feet, it felt a bit weird these days, he wondered why.

“A voice, when I woke up, I heard it….”

“That’s absurd! I’m sure you just heard that because you were shocked at that moment.” Hakyeon huffed and Leo snorted at that, annoyed.

“ Do me being here seems consistent to you from any point?”

And Hakyeon fell silent. No, it didn’t. But it was hard to believe that a voice had told him that.

“What did he say?”

Leo didn’t reply, his eyes were closed, looking at him one would have thought that he was a doll, with fair skin, beautiful raven hair, a perfect creation by some artist. And the missing of his heartbeat would be there to fulfil the final touch of his creation.

These were all ludicrous, Leo was right, him being here was ludicrous. Him being stuck with Hakyeon out of all the people on earth was absurd. Him having only three months was absurd. Him having to live with someone at such a state when his carrier was struggling to build a name for himself was absurd.

Him being dead was absurd.

Hakyeon bit the inner part of his bottom lip restlessly.

How long do we have?

“Three months….bear out what you pledged,” Leo whispered. Turning to his partner he could see a pained reaction on his face. Hakyeon counted, he had only four weeks left if measured by weeks. They were a lot, judging a life of a normal person. But it was his life, four weeks of his life meant the final of the competition. The quarter final was soon. He made it far despite of all the bulls that life had offered him in these past two months. He just came too far, but then Leo…. He couldn’t go that far, he had lost everything by the time he had started to earn things. His time was going away.

Hakyeon felt destitute.  If Leo was some other person maybe he wouldn’t have cared about Leo’s time. After all, he was dead and it didn’t matter how he thought of the matter, Leo was dead and a dead’s time is rather invaluable to him than his own. But it was Leo, and he felt Hakyeon had cared about himself enough to actually again let Leo’s time fly away this effortlessly.

“Shall we think of a day among these practicing weeks?” Hakyeon asked, he tried to sound cheerful but the glimmer of his eyes went missing.

Leo fiddled, what was Hakyeon thinking now, he thought. These conversation between them was getting a bit weird between them lately, more than just bit. They would start with making plans, then Hakyeon would say something, then Leo would say something, they will be reminded of how many days are left and next they would keep quiet because of sadness. He was hating it. Who said he wanted that. He would rather feel the pain from the blisters than to actually sulk about how many days were left. He really didn’t want these last days of his bonus life to be worrying about the thing that had already ended.

“Or how about we think of the next dance. It’s the round before the quarter final right?” Leo said casually, slanting his head to a side, blinking.

“Well, we can do that after the master-“

“I don’t want to…”

Hakyeon snapped. He tried to read Leo’s eyes, to see if they were playing some games with him now or not. If they were then what was he to play next?

“Why?” A sloppy question but free pass, he guessed.

Leo leaned forward, jarringly close to Hakyeon, eyes scanning Hakyeon’s face one. He paused at his lips. He exhaled, deliberately, Hakyeon could notice the fall of Leo’s chest, a cozy warm shot of air fanning over his skin. Hakyeon followed Leo’s eyes, he was quite curious to know the reason why it stopped on his lips.

“I miss that smile that you do…” He whispered. Hakyeon felt his heart skip a beat, Leo looked up. Hakyeon must have imagined but he thought he could see a smirk at the end of Leo’s lips. Hakyeon suddenly gasped for air. The thought that Leo was dead flew out of Hakyeon’s mind and he moved back. Trying hard to control the blush, he looked down. He couldn’t get himself to look at Leo but he felt Leo was smirking at him.

What a devious ghost!

Hakyeon said, putting his one hand to his chest. Yup, his heart was beating like crazy. Hakyeon failed to see why he was acting that way. Then he also failed to understand why Leo had to say that so suddenly and in that manner.

Leo wasn’t practically smirking but he was smiling. It felt good to feel a change in the rhythm of heartbeat. He didn’t know why he felt so good after making a guy blush so much. But then again, all rationality flew out of window when Leo was with Hakyeon. As if it was bound to be.

Silly…….

 

“Well, the newspaper didn’t actually say anything about finding any clues?” Ken hollered, peeking above the newspaper. Hongbin was fiddling with his food on his plate and Ravi just laid on the bed. Not really feeling to stand up.

“That’s a good news?” Ken said, shifting gazes between the two silent party. Hongbin didn’t say anything, just nodded. But Ravi still the same position as he was in before.

Ken was growing impatient. He was never the silent type, he always like it when everyone was gossiping, laughing or at least arguing with one another. He loved to meddle between them. But he haven’t been able to do that since he left Hakyeon’s house and now he was missing it.

“So… are you two gonna say something?” Ken asked.

“Ravi? Hongbin?”

“Huh?” Hongbin finally snapped out of his daze at the mention of his name.

“Oh.. sure lets do that!”

Ken squinted at him. Raising an eyebrow he shrugged.

“Do what?”

“The thing that you were saying!” Hongbin replied.

“Owh! You mean going to the police station and announce that Hongbin is the killer!” Ken said with a smiley face.

“YES! Wait, what? That’s what I agreed to?” Hongbin yelled.

“Of course not! Why don’t you listen to me when I talk?” Ken snorted, twisting his face in disgust.

“I was saying, they didn’t find enough evidences.”

“oww… that’s good. But Ken, can you please stop calling me a murderer. I’m not liking that joke.”

“Who said that I was joking?” Ken said, his voice was leveled but it held an impact that screamed the fact that he was serious.

“What do you mean?” Hongbin screeched, his chopsticks.

“I’m putting my bet on you!” Ken announced, once looking at Ravi. Ravi flinched a little at Ken’s word but remained unchanged either way.

“YA! Do you think I would still be keeping you alive if I was a killer?”

“But you never said that you are not a killer..” Ken retorted.

“Well I’m not a killer!” Hongbin shouted.

“Too bad, I don’t think a thief goes around saying that he stole things!” Ken said, folding the newspaper I his hands. Hongbin snapped in fury,

“I’m going to kick you out of the house right now!”

“Well, it would be easier for you to do your jobs more smoothly then.”

Hongbin again snapped, he was just about to throw the chopsticks at Ken’s direction when he heard the knock on their door. All the eyes turned to it.

“I don’t think we were expecting anyone?” Ravi said.

“And Eunji is out of town for an audition..” Hongbin reminded.

Then who is it?

 

Hyuk overslept tonight, and the stupid secretary did not bothered to wake him up. If this continued then their business might as well start to float in the air. He didn’t know how many times had he already cursed his secretary by then.  He could very well see his phone was not in the house that could only mean his dear manager had taken it away with him. Hyuk cursed his once more for that. Putting on his watch he pressed a button. It caused a vibration that ran up through his veins (?) as he left for his office.

His secretary was waiting in front of his car, with one of his deadly angelic smile. Hyuk frowned,

“I’m sure your watch is not broken… so why i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter