Paper Thin

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]PAPER THIN[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Hakyeon sent one of his icy glares at Ken. Even though it was not the first time he received this glare, but he could not help but to lower his eyes seeing those eyes. It was too scary.

 

“Hyung, N hyung is acting weird,tell him something.” Ravi hid behind Ken.

 

Ken looked at Ravi once before shutting his eyes tightly.

 

“Ahh~Ken-ah~~ are they giving you any pain? Inform omma if they do okay? I’ll teach em a lesson” Hakyeon said with a sunshine smile on his face.

 

Yup…. I am right….he can be a great actor.

 

Leo looked at him with another one of his blank expression.

 

Ken , with the sudden change in Hakyeon’s behavior was taken aback. He just gave him a nervous nod.

 

“Okay,I'll leave now.”

 

Hakyeon started to walk to the door.

 

“Make Hongbin your dance partner. He’s good looking,he’ll get more votes.”

 

Leo still only had suspicion over Hongbin. Well it's not like they are the prime suspects of this case, and he was the officer in charge, so he needs to interrogate them but yet, he was stuck with Hakyeon,there had to be a reason for that. And maybe because the killer was associated with Hakyeon,he was stuck with him. To capture the killer. Well he just decided on that theory, he just couldn't think of anything else. So he had to close the suspicion off now. And to do that he needed to observe Hongbin.

 

Hakyeon stopped on his track. Letting out a sigh he just opened his mouth.

 

“Ravi, just tell Hongbinnie that hyung told him to do a collaboration with him.”

 

“But what about me?” Ravi's voice cracked.

 

Hakyeon decided not to answer that, starting to walk.

 

There was a lot of things going around in his head. Of course, unlike Leo he was not sure of Hongbin being related to the murder. But their behavior really was weird. And, he knows he didn't need to care about it but with Leo, he had to clear his misunderstanding now. And it was really necessary at that point. He just couldn't believe Hongbin to be a murderer, over that Leo’s murderer.

 

He let out a sigh of frustration,

 

Leo figured out Hakyeon was thinking about the pictures and stuffs. They both walked in silence. The sun was setting now. Leo looked up at the sky. The sky looked red,and the clouds had so many different colors in them. It was hard not to get fascinated by it.

 

“Leo, how did your mother die?” Hakyeon asked,eyes fixed on the road.

 

“loneliness? If you believe that people can die because of it.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“She died 4 days after my dad died. Because of always crying over him,or sobbing or thinking…. Then one day at night she just woke me up from sleep and made me promise something and then when I woke up in the morning I found her all cold.” Leo’s eyes wandered around in the sky.

 

“Did she suicide?” Hakyeon's head was lowered even more and Leo clicked his tongue once. He didn't like that topic.

 

“Dunno. The doctors never found out the reason.”

 

“I see…. It must have been hard on you.”

 

Leo's steps slowed a little. Taking a glimpse of Hakyeon.

 

“Honestly…… it wasn't.” Leo stopped.

 

Hakyeon didn't. He kept on taking steps forward.

 

“ Do you remember what he looked like?”

 

“...... I remember vaguely.” Hakyeon stopped. A strong breeze brushed across his body, causing his fringes to sway back.

 

“Only the back side and his eyes though….” Leo started walking again.

 

How could I forget…… after all... that one night changed my whole life….

 

“My whole family got murdered somehow, including me,” a smirk slowly appeared at the corner of his lips.

 

“Amazing,right?” Leo let out a small chuckle as he shouldered past Hakyeon.

Hakyeon stood still for some moment.

 

“You must really hate your father's killer…” Hakyeon started to walk.

 

“Not really…….. but my mother did. She even made me even promise to her that I will someday find that killer and avenge my father. Funny, right?”

 

Hakyeon didn't reply. He just kept taking steps. Soon there was another one of those awkward silence between them. The silence continued till they reach their house.

 

“Do you wish to find him Leo?”

 

Leo turned to his partner and smiled.

 

“That's an old story.”

 

Leo lied. He wanted to find his father's killer because of his promise to his mother. But then,what could he actually do now even if he had found him. So it was better not to be bothered by an old story. After all,he had a new story in hand.

 

“ So you only want to catch your killer?”

 

“No. But that’ll answer my question.”

 

Hakyeon gave him a nervous smile before entering the house.

 

I tried so hard to keep my father's murder a mystery. But now that I am dead….. I guess they released all of my family background on internet…

 

Leo heaved out a sigh of disbelief.

 

That guy's killer, my killer…. Why is my life like this? Even now I am to look for another annoying being. Even after death,this life is annoying. Hunting down killers .

 

“Leo where are you? What shall I make for dinner?”

 

Hakyeon hollered from the kitchen.

 

“Do you like omurice? Ah! I don't have egg.”

 

his voice flowed from the house to outside. And a slight smile wiggling tried to make it's way up to his lips.

 

Well not that annoying I guess.

 

Leo followed the voice, finding Hakyeon looking for stuffs in the cupboards.

 

“Let's make rose pasta.”

 

“Pasta?” Hakyeon asked.

 

“But I Dunno how to make it though.” Hakyeon tilted his head a little looking at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter