Orphanage

Infinite’s Only Female Member

 

 

“Where is omma and appa?” a 5 years old you, asked one of the care taker at the Orphanage. The care taker look down at you, “Why are you still looking for your omma and appa? Are you not happy with us?” she asked.

You lowered your head, “I do.” you whispered. The care taker stooped down at you, “We all know that no one knows where your parents are. Even the other kids here, their parents are nowhere to be find. Look at them, they are are happily playing.” she pointed at the kids who were playing outside the Orphanage House.

You followed his point and she’s right, the kids are happily playing. “Go and play with them.” the care taker nodded on the direction of the kids.

You shook your head. “I don’t want.” you replied, almost a whisper. “What do you want to do then?” she asked.

“I just want to be here and watch them.” you replied. She nodded in understanding. “I’ll go make some food then.” she then left.

You were facing the window, watching the other kids playing. *All I want is my omma and appa. Why did you leaved me here?*

:: flashback ::

A mysterious woman who’s carrying a baby went to the Orphanage at past midnight. She put the baby down in front of the main door and leaved it there.

The baby started to cry as her omma left. Suddenly, one of the care taker heard it so she opened the door only to see a baby on the door.

She quickly carry the baby, “Omo! Whose baby is this?” she gasped as the baby continue crying. The care taker look down on the baby, “Shhhh! Don’t cry.” she tried to stopped the baby on crying. “Who’s the mother have a guts to leave a beautiful baby here?” she shook her head and sighed as she went in carrying the baby then closed the door. That baby was you.

The mysterious woman was still there, hiding behind the tree. As long as the door already closed, she then decided to left completely.

:: end of flashback ::

---

10 years after, you were already 15 years old. That was the right age for you to leave the Orphanage according to the rules.

“Hyemi-ah, it’s already time for you to leave here. I don’t want you to leave but we need to follow the rules.” the care taker said.

You nodded, “It’s okay. I understand.” you replied. She then handed you some money, “Here.. Take it. You need it to find a place.” she said.

You took it and bowed, “Thank you. I will use it for good.” you said. The care taker smiled, “Okay. I’ll walk you out.” she offered.

You nodded as both of you went out.

“Don’t forget this Orphanage wherever you go araseo?” the care taker said. You smiled and nodded, “Of course I won’t.” you replied.

She smiled back, “Okay then. I can’t walk you up to the Bus Stop so take a good care of yourself hmm?” she said. You nodded again, “Yes. I will.”

You bowed again, “Thank you again. Annyeong!” you waved as you started to walk away. The care taker waved back.

---

As you arrived at the Bus Stop, you quickly ride the first bus that stopped. When the bus suddenly stopped at the next station, you quickly grabbed your things and get off the bus.

The first one you did was to look for a place. Luckily, you easily found one. The rental is not that high so you quickly take it.

After you get an apartment, the next you did was to look for a job. It’s not hard for you since you can do many things.

As you were looking for a job, your eyes suddenly caught the Coffee Shop. You also saw a piece of paper that there’s ‘Wanted’ written on it.

You quickly grabbed it and went inside the shop to apply. Since the shop really need some workers, the manager accept you without hesitation.

You bowed at him, “Thank you sir.” “No problem as long as you will be good on your job. Go and start to work now.” the manager said and left.

You bowed again and started to work on your job.