Mark and Kokorana

Run

Meanwhile, as soon as Koko and Mark had left they headed straight to Marks place. It had been awhile since Kokorana had been there. Upon arriving, she went straight into the kitchen for food. 
“I guess you do spend a lot of time at our place, there is no food in this fridge.” Kokorana pouted. 
“I guess we can order you something or we can go out to eat?” 
Kokorana shook her head, “No, I think you have enough ingredients to make Pho.” Koko started walking around the kitchen and started grabbing what she needed. Mark sat at the kitchen table, watching her march about like she owned the place. It put a smile on his face. He could get use to this. 
An hour later the food was prepared. Mark and Koko set the table and sat down to eat. They were both going through their phones, and Mark kept trying to sneak shots of Koko. His hands fidgeted, shuffling the phone back and forth between them. He had something on his mind, but he didn’t know how to bring it up to Kokorana. 
She saw Mark staring in her direction. “What? Do I have something stuck in my teeth? Is there something on my face?” 
Mark choked and started laughing. “No, I was just watching you I guess.” 
Kokorana blushed and smiled. It somehow calmed Mark's nerves. “Want to see a movie?” Koko nodded "I'll look up some movie times. There's a rom-com I've been wanting to see, does that sound alright?" 
"Sounds perfect"
 Koko took a quick shower and Mark cleaned the dishes from dinner. His phone buzzed, and he pulled it out to see Koko had text him.
Koko: I just realized I just left my bag in room. Can you bring me my bag and put it outside the bathroom door?
Mark: Sure, give me a minute.
Mark went into his room and grabbed the bag. He was about to head to the bathroom, when he got an idea. He shuffled to his closet and pulled out a long-sleeved white button up shirt. He grabbed it and threw it in her bag, pulling out any other shirts available. Hopefully she wouldnt be too upset. He dropped it off at the door and knocked to let her know it was outside. 
He headed back to the living and sat and watch some TV. A few moments later Kokorana came out, a towel drapped over her wet hair. 
“My hair is never going to dry at this rate.” She mumbled, walking into the living room. Mark looked up and saw her in the white button-up. 
"Hey, that looks good on you." He smirked.
She laughed, "Yeah? I like it too." 
They headed out together for the movie. The theater was practically empty when they arrived. A few people sat here and there, most of them looked like couples. 
Mark rubbed the back of his head nervously “I guess this could be our first date.” he joked. 
Kokorana grinned and nodded her head. “I guess it can be.” She said, pinching his side. “But only if this movie is good.” 
The movie wasn’t the best, but it did manage to get a few a few chuckles out of Kokorana. When it finally ended, Kokorana's stomach was growling. 
“You eat more than I do, I swear.” he teased.  
Kokorana hit Mark playfully. “Food is so good, why wouldn’t I want to eat as much as I can?”
The ride back to the house was somewhat quiet. Kokorana kept glancing at Mark. She finally spoke, in a soft and nervous tone. “So, did you mean it when you said this would be our first date?” Mark gripped the steering wheel tightly and let out a sigh. “I mean, only if you want it to be...would you maybe like to go on more dates?" Kokorana smiled and nodded. “Yeah, I would love that.” 
Arriving home, Mark helped Koko out of the car and held her hand all the way to the door. She shyly excused herself to the bedroom for the night, and Mark flopped down on the couch with a big smile on his face as he drifted to sleep.
    The next morning Kokorana was woken up by the smell of bacon and the light sound of rain hitting the window. She got up and hurried to the kitchen, where she found Mark preparing breakfast for them. 
“Good morning. I was going to wake you when I was done but go ahead and grab yourself a plate.” 
She walked over to Mark and wrapped her arms around his waist and mumbled “Thank you.” into his back. She grabbed a glass of water and sat down at the table. “Hey Mark what do you want to do today?”
 Mark was now carrying a plate of bacon to the table. “I don’t know, how about we go for a walk and just go where our feet lead us.” Koko nodded. The quickly finished up their breakfast, changed, and headed out. 
Their walk lead them to the mall. Mark spoiled Kokorana. Everything she oggled and pointed at, he bought for her. She had never been able to have so much before. She was overwhelmed and excited at the same time. It wasnt long, though, and Koko's stomach started growling again. 
“Let’s get something to eat, it’s almost lunchtime anyways.” Mark said pulling Kokorana to the food court. They sat in a booth and Mark went to order their food. Kokorana's phone started ringing and as soon as she answered it, she regretted. 
“Where are you Koko? You said you would be back by noon.” Jackson's stern voice echoed through the phone. Kokorana could tell he was angry since she hadn’t let him know where she was. “I'm hanging out with Mark today, we wanted to spend some time together. I’ll be home later, okay?” 
“No, you said you would be home by noon. You promised.” Kokorana was getting upset. Jackson isnt usually one to argue with her. She wasnt particularly in the mood to deal with his needy attitude. He needed to get over it and let her live her life. Mark arrived back with their food to see a very upset Kokorona. She was at a loss for words, and was so upset, she was about to cry. Mark shook his head and snatched the phone from her hand. 
“Jackson? I will have Kokorana home later tonight but she and I are on a date right now. She is safe. I understand you’re her best friend and you’re worried, but she is fine.” He heard the line go silent and he had to check it to see if Jackson was still on the line. He finally heard Jackson mumbled 'okay', before hanging up. 
He handed the phone to Kokorana, who had a blank expression on her face. She had stopped crying, but still looked upset. “Thank you, Mark. You handled that really well. I know I'll have to deal with Jackson later though." 
"Let's just forget about it and eat." He said. She nodded, turning her phone off and tucking into her back pocket.
Afterward they headed to an amusement park where they spent most of the rest of the day. Before the park closed, they managed to get onto the ferris wheel one last time. As it took them to the top, Kokorana sighed in amazement. 
“Wow it’s so beautiful. The sunset with all the colors is really pretty.” 
Mark agreed and watched as the sun inched closer behind the horizon. It was beautiful, but he also thought that the most beautiful thing to him was sitting right next to him. He leaned over and gave her a kiss. Their first kiss and it made both of them blush. 
“I really hope you enjoyed yourself today. I hope more days like this will come.” 
Koko blushed and leaned back over and gave Mark another kiss. She smiled. “Yes I had lots of fun. Thank you for taking me out and making me feel special.” The ferris wheel came full circle, and they both agreed it was time to finally get Kokorana home. They were both tired, and Kokorana knew her night was only beginning. Dealing with Jackson could take all night or just five minutes depending on how he was feeling when she got home.