Ch. 28

Run

When Kokorana arrived to Marks place, now her own as well, an adorable Youngjae was being chased by the Makne line. “Koko, protect me! They keep attacking me!” He screamed as he hid behind her. Koko grinned and grabbed his hand, “Come on children, lets head inside and act like adults.” When she entered the house with the boys, she could smell something was cooking. Even though it wasn’t burned, she could tell it was cutting it close. When she went into the kitchen she saw both Mark and Jinyoung cooking. Mark noticed her enter, “Hey sweetie.” Koko went closer to the stove and saw Jinyoung working on one of her favorite dishes. “Hey, if you want I can finish this for you. Go relax.” Mark ran away without questioning it, since he knew he wasn’t the best when it came to cooking. Jinyoung was a little more stubborn, “No I’m not going to make you cook for them. They’re my responsibly.” Koko crossed her arms and shook her head, she had a feeling there was no point in fighting because then nothing would get done. “Well, let me help you then. Its one of my favorite recipes.” “Yeah, Mark mentioned it and said the boys might like it. I also know you guys usually do mashed potatoes but I hope you don’t mind me substituting it with rice.” Koko grinned and stood behind Jinyoung as he stirred the sauce, “No I don’t mind, that’s what the original recipe calls for.” She watched as he started stirring the sauce and noticed that it was starting to break and if she didn’t do something, the sauce would turn watery. Without thinking, she grabbed Jinyoung’s hand to slow his stirring. They stood like that for a few moments whten the sudden sound of glass hitting the floor caught their attention. Both turned to see a fuming Jaebum standing in the doorway. Jaebum clenched his fists as he attempted not to show how upset he was. Koko looked shaken by his glare, but he didn’t care. Words sprawled out of his mouth faster he could comprehend them. “I see where your feelings really lie. I guess you never cared about me.” He gave Jinyoung one look and walked outside the house and he started to run. He wasn’t a person good at expressing his feelings, but one thing was for sure; if he stayed there someone was going to get hurt. Koko felt bad, and she turned to Jinyoung, asking him to go after him and that she would finish dinner. He nodded and ran out the door himself. The rest of the group came into the kitchen and started asking what had happened. Koko shook her head and Jackson told the rest to leave the kitchen and go back to the livingroom. Mark walked up to Koko and kissed her cheeks. She could feel the tears welling up in her eyes, but she was trying to stay strong. “You know I love you right?” he asked, trying to distract her. She grinned and went back to preparing the food. “Check the rice, will you? And help me finish up, I don’t expect them to be long, and after we eat we should really head out. “ Mark nodded, leaving to check on the rice, and calling a few of the boys over to help set the table. As Jinyoung ran outside, he didn’t see JB anywhere in sight. He saw a school park up the street and ran towards it. When he got there, he saw JB sitting on a swing. “I had a feeling I’d find you here." Jaebum looked up and saw a smirking Jinyoung with his arms crossed. "You know sometimes your an idiot especially if you think I would ever go after someone like Koko. She's way to loud and a mess for me to even date." Jb let a sigh. He didn't completely agree with Jinyoung because from what he knew Koko seem to have her things together and in order but thats probably all thanks to that girl she lived with. He let out a chuckled. "I wonder how she gotten this far without messing up?" Jinyoung continue. "I know you try and ignore the bad in people especially with the children we have but I can tell she snaps easily and doesnt think things through. If I were to choose anyone if I didn't have you it would be Rae. She owns her own company, and even has a few groups out that are doing well and she keeps her house in tip top shape. Now lets get back before we have dead children." JB couldn't help but laugh, "Are you sure you want to go back before they're dead. Make our life easier." "No we need  to go back because if anyone is going to murder those children its going to be me and not in the hands of someone else."