Ch. 23

Run

Koko woke up to running water, she looked at her clock and it was 4 in the morning. What the hell was Mark in the shower for, she thought? The water stopped running and she heard Mark come into the bedroom.

“Oh, I see you’re awake. Go jump in the shower, we’re starting our day early.”

“But it’s 4 in the morning, I literally only got 2 hours of sleep.” Koko whined.

Mark shook his head, “I told you to be ready for the date.”

“But whyyyyyy…….? Can’t we wait a few more hours?” Koko grabbed the blanket pulling it back over her head. “I’m going back to sleep, I swear if you even touch me, I will hurt you.”

Mark started laughing, “No you won’t, and you care too much for me.”

Koko threw the covers back and glared at Mark, “I might care for you more then I honestly should, but I also know how upset Rae is, and if I tell her you upset me you're even deader.”

Mark just kept laughing as if it was all some joke.

Mark just kept laughing as if it was all some joke. He stopped and glared back at Koko, “Fine if you want your precious sleep, then you’re going to miss out on breakfast.”

Mark walked out of the room, heading into the living room. Koko rolled her eyes, she knew that Mark would leave if they were back home but what about here at his beach house.

“UGH.” Koko yelled. She got out of bed and headed to the shower. “Why do I let you control me like this; ever since I met you, you’ve have always been able to make me do things that I would never do before.” Koko was speaking out loud not realizing Mark was standing at the doorway listening to every word. He had come to apologize but Kokos words had stopped him. “Did I make a mistake? I don’t think I did but you can be very controlling. I don’t need someone to control me, I need a partner not an owner.”

Mark hadn’t realized Koko felt this way. He was frozen in place, clenching his fist because he was upset with himself. Mark thought he was always thinking of Koko’s feelings before his own. Actually, he felt he always put others before himself, even if they didn’t realize it. Had he taken it too far with Rae AND Koko, he wondered.

Mark walked over and sat on the bed, waiting for Koko to get out of the shower. After a while had passed, Koko emerged from the shower, feeling much better and more awake. When she entered the room she saw that Mark was asleep on the bed, curled into a ball and tightly clinging to a pillow.

How cute. Koko thought. She went over to the bed, and starting rubbing circles on his back. “You wanted me to get up and yet you’re the one who’s asleep.” Koko joked out loud. She pushed Mark over and continue rubbing circles into his back. “You might drive me up the wall but I can’t see my life without you.” Mark eyes slightly opened as he heard her voice. He opened his mouth to speak but wasn’t sure where to start. Koko started muttering again, reminiscing about all her memories with Mark, happy and sad ones. Koko tried laying down to sleep but it wasn’t working so she decided she would just wait out in the living room till he woke up, but as she stepped out of the bed, Mark sat up and stretched. He turned and stared at Kokos face, analyzing every detail about it.

Koko couldn’t help but grin, “Ready for breakfast?”

Mark just shook his head, “We need to talk before we leave.”

Koko nodded sitting back down on the bed next to him. “About what?”

Mark started fidgeting with his shirt, “Do you like me?”

Koko slapped Mark shoulder causing him to flinch, “Why do you think I wouldn’t? I do like you. No, actually, I take that back. I don’t just like you, I love you.”

Mark looked into Koko’s eyes tilting his head slightly, “I heard you earlier. You said you thought you made a mistake with me. Do you think you would feel this way if you really loved me? I’ve gone through so much for you and you think this is a mistake.” Marks voice started to fill with frustration. “I had this whole week planned and I just wanted to show you how much I loved you,  but then I hear these things and you make me question everything and….” Mark was cut off by Koko kissing him. He tried pushing her away but she cupped his face in her hands. She pulled away from their kisss, “Don’t ever think I don’t love you Mark. Getting with you wasn’t a mistake and if I had to go back in time I would do it all over again.”

The day continued without interruptions; Mark took Koko shopping and to the movies, and when they got back to the house, Mark told Koko that he needed to make a call. He left her in the bedroom and headed outside to the porch. He paced back and forth, staring at his phone, nervous to call and face Rae's wrath. He called her not expecting her to answer, but when she did he froze.

"What.” She said, her voice monotone.

“I was calling to apologize.”

“No thanks. Never call again. Okay? Thanks, bye.”

The line abruptly cut off.

Mark threw his phone against the wall. “Well .”

“What’s wrong? What was that noise?” Koko asked, emerging from the bedroom.

“I tried apologizing to Rae and she wouldn’t let me. She hung up on me and I got pissed and threw my phone."

“Well now you can’t call her.” She responded, picking up his phone.

Mark turned around, slamming his fist into the nearest wall, “It was just a joke, and were supposed to be best friends. She’s never been this angry with me.”  His voice continued to raise until he was nearly yelling. Koko became scared, having never seen Mark this angry before.

She walked over, pulling him into hug. “Let me and try and talk to her.” Mark shook his head but Koko continued, “She's really upset. I spoke to Jackson last night, and it sounds like she won’t be taking an apology from anyone anytime soon. I’ll message her myself and speak for you. She might listen then.” Koko pulled him to the couch and pulled her phone out.

From Rae. "I'll just make up some excuse, liiiike, you guys are dead or something. Cause I mean, you basically are."

“You know we aren’t and also I’m not gonna miss the babies debut. I have been with you since the beginning of you training them. Plus we all know Chaebin would find out and ring you a new one well all of us really.”

"Actually, speaking of Chaebin, he sent me home today because I was such a mess. We all know how he feels about me, so I think if he found out, only a few of us would be feeling the heat, and I think you know who. So, maybe you’re better off being dead to them. :)"

“You know I would do anything for you. I’m going to see the boys and be there to support you. The company and the boys come first. I know your angry but at least work it out for the boys. I’ll be really sad if I’m not there. Though I do need to ask you, how is it going with Jackson?”

"You can come for the boys, that’s fine, I can’t really stop you. But I won’t be speaking to you or Mark, let that be clear. I'll make sure the boys understand beforehand so there’s no surprises. And Jackson, well with any luck, I’ve scared him out of the apartment too. Wish me luck. This conversation is over. Bye."

“Fine, just know that I if could go back in time and redo it. I would have gotten up and let you in. I would have chosen you over him, I just realize it till it’s too late. I love Mark but he would should understand you come first.”