Ch 19.

Run

The girls kept shopping for a few more hours and ended up buying way too much stuff. 
“I think were done Rae. I barely have any room left in the car and it’s getting late.” Rae nodded sheepishly, “I was just waiting for you to tell me to stop.” Kokorana just rolled her eyes. On the way to the car Kokorana thought about bringing Jackson back up but she knew it would probably irritate Rae. She let the thought pass as they started their way home. Rae looked out the window and then down to her phone. She thought about how Jackson acted that morning and wondered if he was okay, but she wasn’t one to ask those sort of questions. She never showed she cared, even though she did. 
Finally reaching home Koko could smell something cooking, “What are you cooking Mark?” 
“Oh, nothing special, just some soup. Want some?” 
“That sounds great, I’ll grab some bowls. Rae, would you like some?” Rae shook her head and headed to her laptop. She got comfy on the couch, removing her phone and setting it to her side when she noticed she had a message from Jackson. 
“We going out again, or did you mean it when you said you didn’t want to go again?”  She wanted to go, she always liked dancing. But it did mean she would once again be alone with Jackson, and she didn’t really want that, not when he tried kissing her while he was drunk. 
“I’ll think about it.” She messaged back. If she was going to go, she sure wasn’t going to let Mark or Koko know, so she would have to wait for an opening. She overheard Koko asking Mark where Jackson was. 
“I don’t know. He left a little while after you guys did. Said he needed some air.” Mark responded. 
Koko figured she knew where Jackson was. “Hey I’m going to head out and look for Jackson, I don’t know when I’ll be back. Sleep in my room again if I’m not back before you head to bed.” “Stay safe and call me if you need anything.” Mark spoke, laying a kiss on Koko's forehead. She smiled and waved to him and Rae as she hurried out the door.
Mark headed to the couch and sat next to Rae. She was going over the MV the boys had just finished producing. “They look really good, Rae, I don’t think they will have any problems promoting.” 
Rae shook her head “I’m trying to look at this like I was a fan and not their producer. I love them more than anything that why I’m tearing this video apart. I have to make sure it’s perfect and ready by Friday.” 
“You always do this Rae, they are good and you aren’t a small company. They've been busking in the public and they already have a small fan base. It will grow when you get them on stage and they drop their MV. I’m not telling you this as a fan but as someone who has seen what these boys have gone through. They will do well, just trust me and relax tonight.” 
“I can’t Mark, I have to do this.” 
“I know Rae, just enjoy yourself for your boys, please.” 
Rae pushed her computer away, “Maybe.” She mumbled. Rae got up and grabbed her purse. “I’m going to go dancing, want to come?” 
“No I’m going to wait for Kokorana to come home.” 
Rae nodded and headed out the door.