Ch. 26

Run

“Yes we have a child Mark.” Koko chided back. Youngjae started to pull away, afraid that he had caused a fight. Koko held onto his hand tighter and wouldn’t let him go. She moved her way closer to Mark, “Give some love to your child. Show him he doesn’t need to be afraid.”

“Hey Youngjae, do you like dogs?”

“Oh here we go.” Bambam mumbled. Jinyoung slapped Bambam across the face. “Ow.”

“Well next time don’t talk about Youngjae? You’re lucky that I hit you and not Jaebum.” 

 Chaebin entered the room, clapping his hands together to gain the attention of the boys in the room. “Alright guys, I called you hear to help out Koko and Mark, not to bicker with each other. I have a plan, but I need all of you to be dedicated. One thing I know is that Rae is a er for dancers. I’m going to have Winten and Sanmoon teach you a dance so the day we go up on stage, you’ll be going up there and dancing as well. I hope you guys learn quickly.”

Yugyeom and Youngjae started smiling. Yugyeom couldn’t contain his happiness, “I love to dance and I’m pretty good at learning anything. I’ve been told I’m the dancing queen at 17. Give me what you got and I’ll show you what I have.”

Chaebin nodded “That’s good to hear. Winten take them to the other dance room and start showing them some dances and get back to me with what you decide on. Sanmoon you’re going to help to, just don’t fall for their childish acts.” Chaebin then turned to Jaebum. “Since you seem to be the leader of this group, I need you to keep everyone in line.” He then turned his attention to Koko and Mark. “You guys have been with us forever and are older but that doesn’t mean you can boss them around. Winten will probably be nicer and treat you like a friend, just act as a trainee and do your best.” Everyone nodded and followed Winten and Sanmoon out.

The next few days came and went. Everyone was training hard and whenever Rae was at the studio Jaebum paid for them to train at another studio. Koko kept texting Rae and once in a while she got a text back. Jackson kept Koko updated a how Rae was acting. Rae was stressed, but having Chaebin taking control most of the time, she was able to relax. Finally the night before the boys debut Koko sent Rae a text saying, “I’m going to our favorite restaurant, I’m wanting to talk before tomorrow. I’m paying if you come.” Rae groaned, tossing her phone to the side. She was sitting on the couch busying herself on the computer as usual. She looked over at Jackson who was sitting next to her, watching TV. "Koko is trying to bribe me with food." She said. "I could just go and take the food and not say anything."

Jackson just shrugged his shoulders, "She didn’t say you had to speak, she just said she wanted to talk. You know she can talk for both of you guys. You should take the offer.” He teased as he poked her. "Yeah, but why would I go out if I could just stay home and eat with you?" She said softly, her gaze darting back to her computer nervously.

    Jackson burst into laughter, pulling Rae closer to him, “Still, she's your friend. We can have dinner anytime. If you go, I’ll give you something in return.”

    Rae blushed. "Wha… What could you possibly have to offer me?" She said, crossing her arms.

“Well, I know how much you like food and I know you love amusement parks. I could take a day or two off and we can go wherever you want.” Jackson pulled Rae's face to his, “Or I could just kiss you.” She squealed and pulled away from him, running to her room. "I'm going!" She emerged moments later, dressed to leave. She ran to the door, swinging her purse over her shoulder and grabbing her phone. "But it’s not because of what you said!" She hollered, running out the door.

As soon as Rae was out of the house, Jackson messaged Koko to let her know that she was on her way out. Koko thanked him, turning to stare out the window of the restaurant. She was glad that Rae was coming, she wasn’t sure if she would or not. She had a feeling Jackson would convince her to come, but she was nervous. Though she knew Rae for years she also knew when to fear her. She already ordered what she and Rae usually got, knowing that she would probably be arriving when the food came out. As she figured, Rae was walking in the door of the restaurant as the food was brought to the table. “I got you your regular, I hope you enjoy.” Rae sat down glaring at the food in front of her. She unwrapped her silverware and began messing with her food. "Don’t expect to get anything out of me with this." She said, dryly.

    “I never expect anything out of you. You have always done what you wanted and always open your mouth when you want it. You are always honest though and that’s why you’re my best friend. I know going with Mark wasn’t the smartest idea but look what it’s caused. I’ve gotten closer to Mark, and I know you’ve gotten closer to Jackson.”

    Rae tapped her for on her plate a few times. "How do you know that?" Her voice was monotone as she gritted her teeth.

“Because you haven’t told me you’ve killed him yet, and the only reason I assume that is because I’m not there you had to turn to someone to take care of you.” Koko responded back bitterly “Even though you do things for yourself and never rely on someone, I have always taken care of you. Making your food and making sure you don’t stress too badly. Even though you hide your emotions well, you have always been slightly dependent on someone. Mark has always been there for you, you two grew up together and he’s been there for you for everything. Every night that you were in room crying or yelling because you had a setback in the company. Then when I came to work for you, you relied on me to make sure we wouldn’t have any falls. Then as we became friends and you told me about your past and we spent nights eating ice-cream and watching stupid stuff on the internet. I have been there for you when even Mark couldn’t be there for you.” Rae set down her fork calmly and rose from her seat. "If you only brought me here to talk down to me and reminisce about the past, then I see no reason to be here."

Koko reached up and grabbed Rae's arm, “Don’t leave. I’m sorry that I upset you but you know there’s some truth behind what I said. You’re the one who taught me how to speak the truth and always be honest instead of keeping it bottled up and letting it affect me. But no, I brought you here to discuss the boys and tell you what I plan for the future. I plan on moving out and moving in with Mark but I don’t want to do it unless I know you’re okay with it.” Koko begged pulling herself up to pull Rae into a hug. Koko started to cry, “You’re the reason I’m still alive. You taught me not to depend on others. When I was depressed about losing a certain ex, you did everything in your power to make sure I was okay.” There was a long silence before a slight scoff was heard. "You know I can’t really handle these emotional outbreaks." Rae patted Koko on the head. "Is this helping? Please stop crying." She shuffled awkwardly. "I don’t care if you move in with Mark, but where does that leave Jackson, will he go too?"

Koko looked down at her feet, “I was hoping you would let him stay where he is for now.” "Wait, what!? You want him to stay with me, um how about no. I don’t know him like you do.” Rae sat herself back down and started to fidget. Koko followed suit, and begged. “Please Rae. It seems like you've been able to get along with him since I’ve been gone.” “You know nothing.” Mumbled Rae. Koko finally looked at Rae’s face and realize she was blushing. “You’re hiding something Rae. You like him don’t you. We all knew you did we were just waiting for you to realize it.” "What, no! It’s nothing like that!" She looked down at her lap. "Argh, fine! I’ll let him stay but if he messes up once I’m sending him back to you and he'll be YOUR problem!!"

Koko let out a chuckle. “Let’s eat before our food gets cold.” As they continue to eat they talked about different things until Jackson got brought up again. “Hey Rae, don’t just kick him out the first time he pisses you off, okay? I know how you can be. If need be, just call me and let me know what’s going on; other than that I think you will be fine.” Rae nodded, “When are you going to be there for the boys?” “I plan on meeting you at the studio if you don’t mind.” "That’s fine. Since its show day, you won’t be allowed in the back room where I am so I’ll save you a seat in the front row by where the producers sit so you can be next to me." She thought for a moment. "You. You think I should save Jackson a seat? I mean, he’s bored all the time at home, he might as well come."

“If I know anything about Jackson, he’ll show up to support you and the boys. He might not have been there since the beginning, but I know he really cares about them. Let’s finish this and get going, I know you have to be up early and I have a few things to do myself in the morning.” As they finished eating and left the restaurant, Koko turned to Rae again. “Thanks for coming out and letting me apologized. It was nice to see you again.” Rae nodded. "It’s fine. But don’t think Mark will have such an easy time apologizing to me."

Koko headed off to Marks place, her new home. It felt weird, she thought, as long as she been here she had always lived with Rae. When she walked into his place, she saw Mark sitting at the kitchen table. “So how did it go with Rae; did she show up?” Koko nodded. “Yea and I think we’re good. She's also okay with me moving out and with Jackson living with her. Though she did say it won’t be as easy for you to apologize, so you better hope tomorrow goes well, because if it doesn’t then I don’t know what will make her forgive you.” Mark got up and wrapped his arms around her. “Let’s just head to bed and not think about it.” “Are you sure Mark? Do you have a backup plan?” “No, I don’t, because I am sure this will work. If it doesn’t, nothing will. I don’t want to think about it. We have to be up early anyways.” They both headed to the bedroom to get some sleep.