the next morning

Run

Rae woke up the next morning with a massive headache. She had trouble getting back to sleep after the arguing last night. She grunted, rolled out of the bed and headed to the kitchen. Jackson was in the kitchen already making coffee. She wasn't particularly in the mood to see him after last night.  Jackson saw Rae and asked if she wanted a cup of coffee. She shook her head no, grabbing box a cereal and rushing to get back to her room. 
“How you going to eat that without milk?” Jackson asked. 
"Euuurrggh" She groaned, completely ignoring him and slamming the door behind her, waking Kokorana. 
Kokorana jumped up at the sound. “You okay Rae?” She asked, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. 
Rae shot her a stern glare, sitting on the bed with her cereal box. “Jackson's in the kitchen and it just irritated me, didn’t mean to wake you up.” 
Koko shook her head, “I was already awake. Didn’t sleep to well last night.” 
“I didn’t either. But since youre awake, can you get out so I can get ready for work?” 
Kokorana nodded. She looked at the box of cereal Rae was curled around “Why?” 
“Don’t ask."
Kokorana left the room and headed into the kitchen. She went up behind Jackson and hugged him. “You didn’t sleep did you Jacks?” 
Jackson shook his head. “No, I couldn’t sleep after our fight. I didnt mean to upset you like that." 
Kokorana tighten her hug, “Anytime we fight it never lasts long, and I can’t stay angry at you. So cheer up, okay.” Kokorana pulled away and seated herself at the kitchen table. “So how do you plan on making it up to us...especially Rae?” 
Jackson looked at his phone. “I was thinking maybe this afternoon when everyones off work we could go to the park and play some Pokémon GO. Do you think Rae would like that?” 
Before Kokorana could answer Rae walked into the kitchen, “Did I hear something about Pokémon go?” 
Jackson looked down at his feet, “Yeah I was kind of hoping we could go play at the park after you got off, as a way of making up for last night.” 
Rae placed the cereal box she had back on top of the fridge. “I’ll think about it. Ive got to head by the office for a bit. Kokorana, I’ll need you to come by today and look over some paperwork.” 
Kokorana nodded, “Is it Math?” 
Rae shuddered at the word. “Yep and that’s why I hired you. Don’t forget your place.” She joked. 
She headed out and Jackson and Kokorana decided to do some cleaning. 9am came around and there was a knock on the door. Kokorana wondered who would be over this early in the morning. Jackson answered the door, immidiately swiveling around to Koko. “It’s your boyfriend. Says he needs to talk to you.” He walked past her toward the livingroom. She walked out to see Mark waiting for her with a teddy bear and some flowers. 
“Hey. I was wondering if you wanted to come get breakfast with me.” Mark handed the flowers to Kokorana and the teddy bear. “I hope you don’t mind these, I saw these on the way over and thought you might like them. It’s been a while since you had flowers in the house.”
Kokorana took Marks hand and pulled him inside. She filled a vase with water for the flowers and set them in the livingroom. 
“Thank you Mark, theyre really pretty. Ill get ready and then we can leave.” As she left to her room, Jackson was in the kitched, leaning against the fridge, staring at Mark. Even though he and Kokorana made up he still didn’t want Kokorana dating Mark. Mark felt tense with Jacksons eyes on him, but chose to ignore him. As neither spoke Jackson started to get angrier. 
Why can’t this jerk say anything, why does he always have to be so damn quiet? Jackson thought. A few minutes passed before Jackson finally blew. 
“I don’t want you dating Kokorana, I don’t think your good enough for her.” 
“Jackson stop. This is not going to continue today.” Kokorana yelled entering the living room. “I guess you don’t care about our friendship if you’re going to be…” 
Mark waved his hand to Kokorana to make her stop. “Just dont, okay?" He whispered. Kokorana opened again, but Mark spoke first. 
“Jackson I know you don’t trust me, but believe me when I say that I would never hurt Kokorana. She means way too much to me AND you, right? And we mean way too much to her, which means she needs both of us.” Mark smirked, his eyes connecting with Kokos. 
She smiled, Maybe Rae has rubbed off onto Mark, she thought. He was starting to read her as well as Rae could. She put her hand in his, “I have to stop by the office, but we can do it after breakfast.” Mark nodded and looked over at Jackson. “Wanna join us?” he asked. Jackson was a bit surprised by Mark offering for him to join. He thought perhaps he was being too hard on him. He shurgged, scratching the back of his head. "I guess if you dont mind."
After they grabbed some breakfast, they headed to the office where Rae was busy training with the boys. 
“You came back!” Woohan spoke as he saw Jackson. 
Jackson grinned. “Shouldn’t you be practicing?” 
"We just got a break when you guys came in.” 
Kokorana excused herself to the small office, looking over the paper work that Rae had mentioned.