Ch. 22

Run

Jackson stood his ground, not willing to move, “What are you going to do? Why do you need Mark's key so bad?”

Rae's eyes were lit with more fire than he had ever seen them. "I need his key because I’m going to move all of Koko's out of here and into his house! If they want to come in MY house and treat me like this, then they can BOTH go away and NEVER COME BACK!" Her hands were balled into fists and she was practically screaming her voice out. She gritted her teeth as she glared back up at Jackson. "If you don’t want to help me, then just stay out of my way!" She shook her head and went back to searching for the key. Jackson stood watching her throw around pillows and other items, searching furiously. He considered reaching out to her, but thought it was best to leave her alone for now and decided to call Koko.

Koko had safely made it to Marks beach house. She laid on a couch in the living room, curling into a ball. Her phone went off and seeing it was Jackson, she answered it. She was scared that Jackson might yell at her, but he didn’t.

“You okay Koko?”

“Yea, Mark knew Rae needed to calm down, so we're going to be staying here for a few days.”

“Actually I think this is the most upset I’ve seen her. She’s been through a lot in the past few days.” Koko knew Jackson was right. This probably didn’t help.

“Let her know I will be there when the boys get on Show Music core.”

“I’ll tell her, but why did you go with Mark and not stay here with Rae?”

Kokorana thought about it for a minute, ‘I guess because I love him.”

Jackson knew what she meant and decided not to push on the issue.

“Just keep me updated and let me know if Rae needs anything, I’ll always be there for her even if she doesn’t want me to.” She said.

Jackson agreed. They talked for a bit longer and said their goodbyes. Jackson walked into the living room to check on Rae. What he saw surprised him. Rae had fallen asleep on the couch in fetal position, her cheeks were stained with tears. He wanted to comfort her but also didn’t want to wake her. The beeping had finally stopped and the sun was already coming out. Although it could risk waking her up, Jackson decided it would be best to move her to her bedroom so she could sleep more peacefully. Picking her up was a lot easier then he thought it would be, and she was so out of it, she didn’t stir.

He laid her down in her bed and as he was covering her up, she started mumbling and he froze. He didn’t want to be caught in her room, he was worried what she would do to him. She was quickly calm again, but as he turned to leave, he felt her hand grab his. Her grip wasn’t strong, and he could tell she was still half asleep, but it surprised him enough to make him turn around.

“Stay with me please.” Jackson didn’t know what to do and once again was frozen. Her eyes were closed and her voice was muffled, but he was sure he didn’t mishear her. She tugged his hand. “Stay.” She begged again. Jackson nodded, sitting down next to her on the bed. She soon fell back asleep with her hand entwined with Jacksons.

Hours passed and the sun rose. Rae stirred in her sleep a bit. She was hungry, but was also too tired to get up, so she tossed herself around in a small fit. She turned herself over completely and felt something warm next to her. She opened her eyes slightly, seeing someone sleeping next to her. She decided she was dreaming and it was best to just turn around and go back to sleep. She couldn’t get comfortable, feeling the presence there. Am I actually awake, she wondered? She turned around sitting up, trying to get a good look at the stranger in her bed.

She quickly realized it was Jackson. She rubbed her forehead, “What the hell happen.” She mumbled aloud.

“You asked me to stay with you, so I did. I can leave now if you want me to, I didn’t expect to fall asleep.” Jackson mumbled back. She just stared at him trying to remember what had happened. She remember being angry at Mark and looking for the key, but past that everything was a blur. She opened , but was too shocked to say anything. Shock was quickly replaced by rage.

“Get out! Get out now before I KILL you!” She started shoving Jackson off of her bed. Jackson got up and ran out of the room. Rae sat on her bed, dumb founded. “What made you think I actually wanted you in my room? In my BED no less!”  She yelled. She jumped off her bed and stormed to the kitchen, grabbing a box of cereal and a carton of milk, avoiding Jackson. She walked back into her room, slamming her door behind her, making various annoyed noises.

Rae looks at the clock realizing that it was close to noon and she was already running late, “.” She screamed as she scampered around the room trying to get ready. As she exited the room she ran straight into Jackson, “If you don’t get out of my way right now I will murder you.” Jackson grabbed Rae into the hug. Rae was already pissed but this hug caught her off guard, “Calm down. You need to realize that nothing is worth rushing for.” “Yes it. My boys, I need to get going now.” Jackson nodded and let Rae go. “Were talking when you get home.” Rae didn’t hear anything but mumbled as she ran out the door.

 

Rae looks at the clock and realized it was noon, well past when she was expecting to be up. “.” She screamed as she scampered around the room trying to get ready. As she stumbled out of the room, she ran straight into Jackson, “Uhg, if you don’t get out of my way right now I will murder you.” Jackson grabbed Rae into the hug. “Calm down.” She pushed him away, running towards the door. She opened it, but before she stepped out she stopped. She turned around to face Jackson, "Why are you even still here?"

"What?" Jackson asked, surprised.

"After all the yelling and screaming I did, tearing up the house. Then all I did was yell at you some more this morning. Mark and Koko are scared of me, you should be too." She turned, walking out the door, shouting back as she closed it behind her. "You should leave too." The door slammed and Jackson stood there in silence.