Finally back home

Run

When they arrived in the airport back in Korea, they were greeted by Rae. Koko scurried to her before the two boys could catch up. Rae's eyes widened and she started tapping her food. Mark could see her making a bunch of jestures. Jackson stared awkwardly, not sure what to make of the situation. Mark saw Jackson staring and laughed. “I know you think you and Koko are close, but don’t try figuring out what they've got going on between them. I’ve known Rae my whole life, but it's like she and Koko have a secret language with just eye contact.” Jackson just smiled, not setting his eyes off of the pretty short girl ahead.

“So your friend is..uhh” Rae's eyes darted up and down Jackson. "You know, I dont know what I was expecting, but it wasn't that."

"You never believe me..”

"This is true."

“Come on I’ll introduce you.” Kokorana started pulling Rae in the direction of the boys but she stiffened up. “You know I don’t talk to people, especially guys.” Rae said shyly.

“He doesn’t bite, and how will you ever find yourself a good man if you never talk to one.” At that moment ‘Fire’ started playing on the Airport radio and Rae looked powerfully into the distance. "This is the eternal sign that Im going to be upset at some point and, well, you know the rest."

Kokorana burst out in laughter.  The boys finally caught up to the girls

“What is so funny?” Mark asked.

“It’s nothing, just an inside joke between us. Don’t worry about it.”

Rachel wouldnt stop shaking her head and Koko wouldnt stop laughing. This continued pretty much the whole drive home.

About a week passed, and while life was pretty normal, Jackson and Rachel had somehow still not officially been introduced. Rachel was too scared of confrontation, which is pretty normal. For some reason, Jackson was also being unreasonably shy.

“We got to do something, its like they're trying to pretend the other doesnt exist and its getting awkward..” Kokorana vented to Mark. Mark listened, watching her pace back and forth around the house. “What should we do?”

Mark could relate to Jackson in this situation, and although he wasnt sure what exactly was best to do, he had an idea he thought might work. “Why don’t we leave Rae and Jackson here for a night alone and we stay at my place?”

Kokorana nodded. Mark's comment made a lightbulb go off in her head. “I’ll be back.” She mumbled as she rushed out the room.

Kokorana found Rae fumbling with her computer in the living room. “The internet is out again.” Rae was fuming, she hated when the internet was out.

“Well I got some news for you. I’m leaving you alone with Jackson for a while. I'm no good at teaching him how things work here, and he needs a lot of help.”

Rae dragged a hand down the front of her face, rubbing her temples as though she was starting to get a headache. She  was already mad and hearing this was not helping.

"But im already busy enough with the boys that need to debut and...." She looked blankly at Koko who was now giving her a pouty face. Rae leaned back on the couch and let out a very loud and exasperated sigh. “Okay! Fine! Whatever.” She grunted. Her computer went black, and she assumed a fetal position on the couch, blocking out everyone around her. Thank goodness Koko had gotten to her before this occured.

Kokorana headed back to the spare room to tell Mark. “Okay it's settled, when do you want to leave?”

“How about now?” Mark suggested. Kokorana nodded and headed to get an overnight bag. As they were leaving it seem to finally dawn on Rae that Kokorana was really leaving her alone with Jackson. “Wait you were serious? You really are going to leave me alone with him?!? You're totally doing this on purpose. You can’t just leave!"

“Well I am, bye!” She yelled, running out of the house. “She’s going to kill me when we I get back.” Kokorana sighed.

“You and me both when she finds outs it was my idea.” Mark commented.