Ch. 17

Run

Rae headed home, finally beginning to relax after all the events from that day. When she walked through the door, she could smell her favorite food cooking. “Is that Mac and cheese I smell?”

“Yea, I thought after the day you had you would want some.” Kokorana responded. Rae sat down on the couch and went straight to work on her laptop. Even though she needed to relax, there were also a lot of things she needed to finish to prepare for the boys upcoming debut that week. Koko brought two mugs filled with the mac and cheese and a Pepsi over to Rae. “Thanks.”

Koko just nodded. “So, the boys get the weekend off. Do you have anything planned for tomorrow? I do owe you Hu-hot, and it’s time to go shopping again.” Rae looked over her own schedule and realized she was free. God when was the last time she was free for more than a few hours she thought to herself. “Sure. Let’s try and head out around noon. I’m heading to bed.”

As Rae headed to bed Koko headed to the spare room looking for Mark. The door was wide open and she could see Mark lying on the bed, staring at his phone.

“Hey, what’s up?” Koko asked, setting next to Mark on the bed.

“Oh nothing, just figuring out if I should move out of my place and move in here since I almost always here now anyways.” He smirked.

“I wouldn’t if I were you. I think you would go crazy if you were here all the time.”

Mark nodded. “You’re right. Hey, do you have anything planned tomorrow?”

“Yeah I plan on hanging out with Rae. It’s been a while since we had some girl time.”

“Oh.” Mark responded, looking away.

“What?” Koko poked at Mark for an answer, but he didn’t give a response.  She wrapped her arms around Mark and pulled him closer. She laid her chin on his shoulder. “What is it?” she mumbled into his ear. He pulled them both down onto the bed.

“I was just hoping to have another chance to go on a date, but if you’re going to be busy with Rae, that's fine."

“Why don’t we do something Sunday?”

“Sunday I’m hanging out with Jackson."

They sat in silence for a bit, staring at the ceiling. She wished she could go with tomorrow, but she didn’t want to cancel on Rae. She did feel bad about not going on another date with Mark since they had started officially dating. Yes, they saw each other on a day to day basis, but getting some alone time like that was different. She turned over to look at him. “Rae made sure I finished all the paperwork for the week early so that nothing would delay her from debuting them. That means I’m completely free all week unless she needs me for an emergency. How does your week look?”

Mark turned to look at Koko and smiled. “I’m not telling you. Just be on your toes. Sometime this week I’m going to surprise you with a date, so keep your schedule free.”

"I'll be looking forward to it then." She smiled and laughed. “Well I’m going to head to my room and head to bed, night Mark.”

“Wait Koko! Sleep in here with me, please?” Kokorana shook her head. “No....Let’s sleep in my room so we don’t bug Jackson.” Mark jumped up, pulling Koko to her room.

Kokorana woke up to the sound of banging on her door. “Koko answer the door.” It was Jackson's voice, and he sounded panicked. 

“What?” Koko yelled from her bed. She covered , remembering she was sharing her space with someone that night. She looked over to Mark, but he was somehow still asleep. There was no answer from Jackson, but she could hear him pacing outside the door. She rolled her eyes and carefully slipped out of the bed. She glanced at the clock seeing it was only 4:30 in the morning.

What the hell Jacks, she thought. She opened the door to see a very drunk Jackson sitting up against the wall. His eyes were closed as if he were asleep but he kept mumbling. Koko walked to Jackson side and started pulling him up, trying to get him to his room.

“What did you want that you had to bug me so early in the damn morning?” Jackson was silent, attempting to stand and lean on her for support. When they reached the room and Koko had gotten Jackson laid down, he finally spoke, slurring his words together. “I came home and I saw Marks car but he wasn’t in the room and I couldn’t find him anywhere. I started to panic because and I thought he might have been kidnap by aliens or something.”

Koko shook her head, “Hes fine. Hes asleep in my room. You need to get some sleep yourself. You’re a little drunk.” Jackson closed his eyes and within seconds he was already asleep. “You’ve always been able to fall asleep quickly.” Koko mumbled. She threw some covers over him and turned off his light.

As she left Jacksons room, she saw Rae at the far side of the kitchen. It wasn’t like her to be up this early. She wasn’t sure if she just hadn’t gone to bed yet, or even worse, was woken up by the drunken Jackson, but she didn’t want to find out, so she stayed quite as possible. Koko slipped into the kitchen and grabbed a drink out of the fridge. She looked at Rae and noticed she was using the counter to stand.

Did she go drinking with Jackson, she thought? Rae seemed to be out of it and as she attempted to take a step, she almost slipped and fell. Koko reached out and caught her. “Let’s get you to bed Rae.” She said. Rae just nodded trying not to lean on her too much. Koko wanted to ask what happened, but knew it was probably best not to.

As if reading her mind as always, Rae spoke, “I am never going out drinking with Jackson again. I don’t know what happen at first it was one drink then we were five down. I never drink, you know that.” Koko just nodded along. “Did you at least have fun?”

“Yeah we danced for a while, a few times guys kept coming up to me wanting to get some and Jackson always got in way. It got annoying but it was really cute" As they reached Rae's bedroom door, she swung around, pointing at Koko, “I swear if you tell anyone this I will kill you, but I think Jackson is...cool or whatever.”

Koko started laughing, she already knew Rae was starting to like him but she was too stubborn to realize it. “We'll talk about this when we get up later.” Rae nodded and went into her room, throwing herself on her bed. Koko headed back to her room knowing there was a good chance she wasn’t getting back to sleep. When she enter her room she saw Mark awake just sitting on the bed.

“Hey, I didn’t mean to wake you.”

“Nah I woke up when Jackson started banging on your door, is he alright?”

“Yeah he is, I put him and Rae both to bed. I’ve never seen her that drunk before though when someone’s with Jackson someone always ends up getting drunk.”

Mark nodded and motion for them to lay back down. “I don’t know if I can go back to sleep.” she sighed. “I’ll rub your back, come on.” Koko nodded and crawled back into bed with Mark falling asleep almost as quickly as Jackson did.

 

Rae laid her head back against the seat of her car, “Don’t ever let me do that again. I never want to be stuck alone with Jackson again.” She pouted.

“Jackson's not all bad, even you said that." Rae turned and glared at Koko. “Damn you.”

“So what first, shopping or grabbing lunch?”

“Lunch. I need something before I murder someone and since you’re the only person around, you know who’s dead.” Rae smirked. 

Koko just laughed, mostly ignoring her. They pulled up to Hu-hot and saw it wasn’t that busy. “We can get the s’mores this time.” Rae started walking inside. As they got their food both were quiet going through their phones. Koko looked at the date and realized they were a week from the boys debuting. “You’re nervous aren’t you?”

“Huh, what you talking about?” 

“Anytime you debut any of your trainees, you always shut down close to their debut date, and were a week away Rae.”

Rae knew she was right but she didn’t want to admit it so she tried changing the subject. “I think I’m going to take in Jaebum and his crew. I think they would be a good addition.” Koko nodded along, “They all have some type of talent and you would be the best to pull it out. With Crush debuting, you would have a little time to work with them. They are slightly older than other groups you work with but that might be an advantage. Mark has worked with you in the past, so he'll be able to help with the others.”

Rae nodded “Mark, I already know what I’m doing with him...and that Yugyeom kid is not a bad dancer. This is going to be fun.”

“What about Jackson, are you going to take him to.” “Yes he also very talented, and stubborn, but that’s a good thing. That also means you will have a lot more work, especially with the kids and helping them promote.” Kokorana agreed and they finished eating and started walking around the mall.

“What do we need?”

“I don’t know, whatever I’m in the mood for.” Rae lead them around going in out of stores that she wanted something from or stores that had things they needed for the house. A few hours passed and they headed to the food court to grab a snack when Rae saw two familiar faces. “Is that who I think it is, Kokorana?” She pointed to two boys standing alone by an empty table. It was no doubt Jinyoung and JB. “Yeah, you're right. Want to go say hi?” Rae nodded. She still needed to tell Jinyoung what had happened. She kept her side of the deal and wanted to make sure he kept his.

Jaebum and Jinyoung were on their way to a movie when Jaebum caught sight of Rae walking up to him. “Hey Rae, what’s up?”

“Not much, just having a girl days. You guys on a date or something.” Rae joked. Jinyoung turned really pale and shook his head behind Jaebum that ended up giving the answer she needed. He hadn’t told him how he felt. Rae was trying to think of ways to get Jinyoung alone when Koko interrupted her thoughts, “Rae I’m going to go put these in the car. Jinyoung can you help me.” Jinyoung nodded and started following Kokorana out.