Hot chocolate confession

Do You Speak English?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!!" Luhan shouted. Baekhyun immediately pulled away.

"N-nothing." Baekhyun said, sounding pretty unconvincing even to his own ears.

"Dongsaeng, as your elder by centuries, I demand you tell me." Luhan huffed.

"And I, as owner of this house, say no." I retorted. Luhan gaped at me as I brushed past him. Baekhyun blew a raspberry before scurrying after me.

 

 

We headed into the basement, and I plopped down into a squishy seat with a sigh. He mirrored my actions and glanced at the others who were practicing.

"So... What are we going to do for our duet?" He asked me.

"Do you have any instruments that you play?"

"I play the piano, and the pianos on Earth are the same as the ones back at Estov."

"Great, maybe a piano-violin duet?" I suggested. Baekhyun nodded in agreement. 

"What song should we perform?"

"I have a bookshelf full of violin music with piano accompaniment, so we could look through those. I'm not sure if we should play those though, because I'd be the main performer, while the concert is about you guys." I explained my dilemma.

"I'll play whatever, as long as I still play with you." Baekhyun said without a hint of hesitation.

"Really? Because I know a perfect song." I grinned and headed towards the small library of books and music I had.

 

 

"Salut d'amore? What's that mean?" Baekhyun traced the letters with his finger.

"It means Greetings of Love. Elgar, the composer, presented the piece to his lover as an engagement present." Baekhyun blushed and turned to the old piano I owned.

"L-Let's try and run through this, yeah?" He cleared his throat and flexed his slender fingers. I nodded, signaling that I was ready.

 

The old, rickety piano began to sing sweetly, prompted by Baekhyun's fingers. I waited for the entrance and began to weave the violin part into the piano accompaniment. 

It was perfect. The violin's soprano voice sang out, and when the violin was quiet, the piano's melody emerged. The music was enchanting, captivating. When the last notes vibrated in the air, Baekhyun and I made eye contact. 

"Perfect." He whispered. I agreed, and our eyes didn't break contact until my phone buzzed. All of Astro, both of my sisters, and almost all of BTS had agreed to come.

 

Noona, I don't think I could come... I'm really busy. - Jungkookie

I sighed as I read the text. I had this nagging feeling that Jungkook didn't really enjoy being in Exo's company. I knew that Jungkook didn't have any schedules on that particular day because he tells me everything about his schedule for the next two weeks.

Why? Do you have something on that day? - Kirsten

Yeah... - Jungkookie

Okay, but I'd really like you to come... Pleaseeeee? - Kirsten

I didn't want to use aegyo, but I really wanted Jungkook and Exo to get over whatever was keeping them from befriending each other.

. . . Fine. Aegyo doesn't suit you Noona. - Jungkookie

And don't forget the promise for next Friday ;) - Jungkookie

I pumped my fist in the air victoriously.

"Why? Did something good happen?" Baekhyun asked peering at his phone.

"Yup, all of BTS and Astro can come to your concert. You'll also get to meet my sisters again. You guys need to practice alot!" I smiled.

"So, we're going to perform this song at the concert?" Baekhyun asked. I nodded.

"You should go practice your duet with Chanyeol." I said, and walked out before I could the disappointed look on Baekhyun's face.

'But I wanted to spend more time alone with you...'

 

 

The days leading up to the Friday when I would be meeting Jungkook flew by in a flurry. The boys went crazy practicing, I loved how hard they were working.

On Friday, I announced to the boys that I would be going out.

"Guys, I'm going out for about an hour, a couple hours at most. If you need something, tell Suho. He'll call me." I said as I grabbed my coat ans got ready to go. Suho had finally learned to trust the phone (he had quite a nasty shock when I took a video of them and showed him, he started screaming and shouting incoherently), and with him being the most responsible, I got him a phone that Exo could use for emergencies.

"It could be dangerous. Let me come with you." Baekhyun said, getting ready to go out with me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter