Reality

Do You Speak English?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Aaaaand here we are! Tada!" Baekhyun stopped in front of a magnificent building. Too bad I'd already been there dozens of times already.

(The front entrance to the Art Institute of Chicago, it had a helmet to cheer on the Chicago Blackhawks, Chicago's hockey team)

I didn't have the heart to tell him that I'd been here before, so I let him drag me inside the building.

"Woah..." Baekhyun breathed as he saw the sculptures and paintings. He had never seen so much color in one place.

"Don't you have artwork back at Estov?" I asked.

"No." His eyes dimmed sadly. "The government was afraid that a piece of artwork may offend someone, so they banned everything related to art. There aren't any sculptures, paintings, literature, or even music other than the national anthem. It's all illegal, so if you are found in possession of something, they will kill you right away. That's why we were in awe of everything in Chicago, on Earth. We've never seen paintings or sculptures before."

I gulped. I definitely wouldn't survive on Estov for very long.

We slowly strolled around the museum, admiring the delicate works of art. Two hours flew by, and soon, we finished touring the whole museum. When we were walking down the steps of the Art Institute, I suddenly grabbed Baekhyun's arm.

"Wait. We need to take a picture together." I insisted.

"Seriously? What's with you and your obsession with taking pictures?" Baekhyun groaned. I ignored him as I asked a random stranger to take the picture for us.

"Okay. I'm taking it in 3. 1, 2, 3!" 

On three, I felt cold lips press against my cheek. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped. 

"Baek!" I whispered as my face heated up rapidly.

"You two are so cute. I wish my wife was as affectionate as you two are towards each other." The man said and handed my phone back.

"Thanks for the picture."

"No problem. Enjoy your date!"

I clicked on the picture and shrieked.

"What is it?" Baekhyun leaned over my shoulder to see the picture.

He looked perfect. As always.

My jaw looked like it was about to touch the steps and my face was fire engine red. He started to guffaw when he saw the picture. 

"Shut up." I mumbled and shoved the phone at him before stalking down the steps. Baekhyun tapped at my phone a few times before flying down the steps after me.

 

"Nuh uh. You follow me, I set out the date course." He dragged me to a familiar looking cafe.

"Kirsten!" Sasha called out excitedly.

"Hi Sash!" We hugged and Baekhyun took a step back in disbelief. He was right there and I hugged someone else in front of him?!

"Noona!" Jungkook shouted from behind the counter. Baekhyun sighed. Why was this jerk here?

"Hi Kookie!" I waved.

"What are you doing here again?" She asked.

"My boyfriend brought me here on a date. Meet the one and only Baekhyun." Baekhyun reluctantly introduced himself.

"Hi, I'm Baekhyun. I'm Kirsten's boyfriend." 

"Aww, you're sho cuteeee!" Baekhyun yelped when Sasha pinched his cheeks.

"B-But Sushi! I'm right here!" Jungkook sputtered and pointed a shaking finger at himself.

"Yeah yeah." Sasha dragged me over to a table and threw a look at the boys as if telling them to stay away. Baekhyun padded up to Jungkook.

"I can't believe that Sasha girl took MY girlfriend." He muttered.

"Why did you come here? If you didn't come, then Sushi would still be talking to me." Jungkook childishly argued.

"Hey! It's not my fault that Sasha knows Kiwi. Who brought her to this cafe in the first place? Huh?" Baekhyun retorted.

"Not me! Oh, wait. It was me. Still! It's your fault! Any other cafe in Chicago and you chose this one. What are you, my stalker?" 

"You little brat." Baekhyun growled and was about to pounce on the younger boy when I called out his name.

"Yes Kiwi? Do you want something? Are you cold?" He asked and dashed over to my side. 

"Aww, so protective! Kookie! Learn from Baekhyun." Sasha called out and winked at a pouting Jungkook.

"I'm infinitely better than HE is. I'm much more handsome than that burnt piece of Bacon." Jungkook huffed and rolle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter