Friends? Friends.

Do You Speak English?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My mind went blank with shock.

Byun Baekhyun... liked me?

"I thought you liked Chanyeol." I blurted out, and slapped my hands over my big mouth.

"What?! Yeol?!" Baekhyun yelped.

"Yeah, you're always hanging out with Chanyeol and I heard you confess that he's... cute in front of the bathroom door." I mumbled, blushing red.

"I meant 'She's cute', not 'He's cute'. It was the first day I learned English, so I was still confused. Yeol is just my best friend." Baekhyun explained.

"Oh..." The atmosphere quickly became awkward.

"I-I'm going to go make sure Park Dumbyeol isn't doing anything stupid. Uhh... see you later?" Baekhyun ran away and I sighed in relief.

 

 

"Hey Yeol, come here!" Baekhyun hissed as he gestured for the giant to come into the bathroom. The giant excused himself from the conversation and followed his smaller friend into the bathroom. When the door was locked, Baekhyun started rapidly speaking.

"Okay. I got jealous that that Jungkook punk is dating Kirsten. So while she was alone I kinda... blew up at her." Baekhyun confessed, squeezing his hands.

"Crap. What you say?"

"I-I might have um... told her that I like her?" Baekhyun winced at the memory.

"Baek, you genius!!!" Chanyeol shouted and slapped his friend on the shoulder.

"Wait, what?" Baekhyun staggered mostly from the blow but also from surprise.

"I'm going to beat Kim Jongdae's . Yes, I'm winning this bet!"  Chanyeol muttered, excitedly rubbing his hands together.

 "Is that bet the only reason why you're helping me out? You're a jerk." Baekhyun grumbled and rubbed his sore arm.

"Yeah, well, beating Jongdae isn't a everyday chance. That bastard struts around like a peacock just because he wins almost every bet. I'm going to show him." Chanyeol grinned.

"Why is she dating Jungkook when she now knows that I like her?

"Well, she was probably flustered. If that's not it, then she probably has her own reasons."

"Then... what am I supposed to do about this... situation?"

"Well, if I were you, I'd wait. I'd wait to see who she ends up choosing." Chanyeol advised. Baekhyun let out a heavy sigh.

"Thanks for the advice, Yeol."

"No problemo mate. You better win this for me." Chanyeol high-fived the elder and walked out of the bathroom. Baekhyun sighed again.

'Now why exactly am I friends with that large eared idiot?'

 

 "Noona, let's go on a date. How about tomorrow, at the same cafe from before?" Jungkook said, linking his arm with mine. I nodded absentmindedly while thinking back to Baekhyun's confession.

"Really?! Yes! You can't back out anymore!" Jungkook hugged me tightly, snapping me out of my stupor.

"Wait, what did I agree to?" I asked, growing worried.

"You agreed to a date tomorrow! You're coming, right???" He asked brightly. I wanted to say no, but I didn't want to hurt his feelings. He looked so happy... not to mention his kicked puppy look made me give in to his every wish.

"Yes. At the first cafe?" 

"Yep! I can't wait! Ooh, I wish tomorrow could come faster!" Jungkook jiggled in place happily.

 

Once the clock hit 11, I began to usher the guests out of my house. They were hyper because of the sugar from the cookies and the coke. 

"But *hic* I want to stayyyy. Kiwiwiwiwi pleaseeee? *hic*  Pretty pleaseeee?" Katie whined as V dragged her out the door.

"Katie, as much as I love you, you're scaring me right now. I'm not used to being the normal one in the relationship. C'mon, let's get you home." V murmured as he thanked me for inviting BTS over.

"No problem." I laughed as V made a face.

"Noona... so I guess I'll see you tomorrow?" Jungkook asked, ruffling his hair.

"Yep. 7:30?"

"Okay. I'll meet you there." Jungkook blew me a flying kiss as he left. I snorted and waved. When I entered through the front door after sending the guests off, Baekhyun froze. He gave me an awkward wave and scurried off. 

I wasn't sure what to do. Baekhyun's sudden confession left me confused. What would I do about Jungkook? I really didn't want to hurt him... Oh what to do...? The night was filled with stars tonight, but I was too worried and busy thinking to notice.

 

'The sky looks beautiful tonight... but not as beautiful as her...' Baekhyun lay beneath the window as he drifted off to sleep.

 

 

"OH MY GOSH YOU LOOK TERRIBLE!" Sehun screeched as I walked into the kitchen.

"I didn't get much sleep." Exo looked at me and wiggled their eyebrows together.

"Thinking about a certain someone?" Chanyel sniggered and I shot them a glare before turning back to the kitchen counter.

"I'm going to be practicing for a while so you can go outside and goof around. Be careful and stay on my yard only, and no using your powers when others are around. Suho and Kris, please make sure they don't do anything idiotic."

"Knowing Kris, he's going to be doing something idiotic." Suho mumbled. 

"Hey! I'm a responsible leader." Kris whined.

"Responsible leader my ." Chen cackled. I sighed and let the group bicker while I quietly finished my breakfast. I didn't notice a pair of longing eyes that were glued onto my figure.

 

After drowning myself in violin practice for the whole morning and part of the afternoon, I finally peeled myself away from my studio to eat. I was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter