You know?!

Do You Speak English?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Welcome to...where's the light switch? Ah! My basement!" I grinned proudly when the lights switched on.

"Woaaaah~" Exo breathed as they saw my basement.

The basement wasn't a typical basement. I transformed it into an auditorium instead, and used it whenever I held recitals for my students.

The floor was covered in maroon carpeting. At the opposite ends of the stage, matching maroon curtains hung limply, and the shiny wooden floor glowed softly as I the stage lights. A projector stood in the middle of the room, and squishy movie theater seats filled the rest of the area.

"So, what do you think?" I asked. They gave thumbs ups and nodded in approval and awe.

"I love the stage." Kai commented as he tested a few dance moves on it. He was amazing. So fluid and graceful... I shook my head and forced myself not to stare.

Baekhyun frowned at how I was looking at Kai. He didn't like it. He quickly lead me away from Kai's direction to behind the curtains. 

"How does this work? He asked, pointing to an old guitar of my mom's.

"Oh, that's a guitar. I'm not really sure, because violin is my specialty, I know almost nothing about guitars." I said, and shook my head.

"Don't worry Baek. I know about guitars. Remember how I had one back in Estov?" Chanyeol said, his eyes sparking because of the instrument. 

"Do you mind if I borrow this?" He pleaded, and I couldn't say no.

"Alright, just be careful." I said and wagged my finger at him. He saluted and beamed in happiness.

"Hey Baek, you want to do a duet?" He asked excitedly, and I turned away before seeing anymore. My heart tugged painfully and I sighed.

'He's in love with Chanyeol. You'll just get hurt if you continue this..  attraction. It's just a phase, you'll find someone else who actually loves you back.' I thought sadly and walked upstairs to practice several hours of violin before going to bed.

'I wanted to do a duet with Kirsten though... Maybe I could do two duets, one with Yeol and one with her.' Baekhyun reluctantly agreed to the giant's request. 

"Let's start practicing tomorrow. I'm going to go up and rest." Baekhyun said, leaving Chanyeol to his new treasure.

Suho noticed and looked after the giddy Baekhyun. He smiled, for he knew Baekhyun's feelings.

Baekhyun skipped up the stairs to ask if he could perform a duet with me. He hummed sweetly and knocked on my door.

I, however, didn't hear the knock over the piece I was practicing for the orchestral concert. It was Tchaikovsky's 'Romeo and Juliet', and I was lost in the bittersweet embrace of the notes. Baekhyun listened, entranced. 

The Exo boys came upstairs to the first floor together, still excitedly discussing ideas for the concert. They were alarmed when they noticed that one member was missing. Going upstairs to the second floor where my bedroom was located, they found him sitting on the floor while leaning against my door. Most of them, when they saw that it was nothing to be concerned about, they went back downstairs.

Suho, however, stayed. 

 

 

"Beautiful piece, isn't it?" Suho asked as he sat down next to Baekhyun, scaring him out of his stupor.

"Huh? Y-yeah." Baekhyun stammered

"Did you know that the song is about two forbidden lovers?" Suho said. 

"No... How do you know?"

"Ah, I read the play." Suho said, and grinned sheepishly. He had started reading some of my books, and a book of Shakespeare’s plays was the first thing he found.

"Anyways, the story is about the feud between the Montagues and Capulets. Romeo Montague falls in love with Juliet Capulet despite the feud between their families. They aren't even in love with each other i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter