Salut d'amour

Do You Speak English?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(This is Salut d'amour, by Edward Elgar. This version is performed by Itzhak Perlman, one of my favorite violinists.)

 

"Suho, could you help me move the piano to the stage?" I panted as I strugged to move the heavy instrument. Today was the day of the concert, and some of the boys were nervous.

"Move aside peasant, Super Luhan is here!" Luhan sang and used his telekinesis to lift the piano onto the stage.

"For once, you're helpful. Thanks." I scoffed and he exaggerated a bow. 

"Lay, get the door. I think I hear them shouting from outside. Exo, sit in these chairs according to your orders. I'm going to go upstairs and greet them." I instructed as I passed out the sheets which showed the order of the performance. BTS had arrived first. 

"Noona!!!" Jimin and J-Hope threw themselves against me and squished me. I winced when they rumpled my dress but accepted their hugs.

"Hi everyone! V? No hug?" I asked, as I turned to the 4-dimensional boy. He had latched himself onto my sister, as they were dating, and had his eyes glued on Jungkook. Jungkook himself, was yanking Jimin and J-Hope off me and placed a kiss on my cheek.

"Hello girlfriend." He whispered, making V's eyes bug out. 

"WHAT?! YOU'RE DATING?!" V screamed, pointing an accusatory finger at Jungkook. Katie slapped V's arm.

"I told you you yesterday." She hissed.

"Well, I called her girlfriend, so did do you think?" Jungkook smirked and began to bicker with his elder.

 

Behind the door leading to the basement, Baekhyun heard everything, and he was confused. He was pretty sure that I had some feelings for him, but why was I dating Jungkook? He felt a spark of jealousy in his heart as he stormed back down into the basement. The other members knew not to bother Baekhyun when he looked murderous.

"Guys! Kirsten's dating Jungkook!" Lay gasped as he ran down the stairs. Murmurs of surprise spread throughout the room. 

"What? I was pretty sure she liked him as a friend!"

"Didn't she like Baekhyun?" They all turned to the sulking boy.

"Baek-" Chanyeol was interrupted by shouts of laughter from BTS.

"A-yo, Wassup man?!" Rap Monster shouted as he headed towards the rapper line.

The others waved and greeted their friends. Jungkook stuck by my side, and V saw Baekhyun shoot a dirty look at the youngest.

'Hmm... Interesting..." He thought. 

 

A few minutes later, Astro arrived. They were also very boisterous like BTS, but thankfully not as physical at greetings. Behind Astro, followed my younger sister Allison.

"Allie! Hi Hope!" I greeted her golden retriever puppy. Hope happily wagged his tail and yipped. 

"Let's go into the basement. Everyone else is downstairs." I lead the group into the basement. When Hope saw the Exo boys, he raced over to them, excited that there were new people. Exo however, didn't react the same way. They shrieked and stood up on their seats when they saw the foreign animal.

"Ahhhh! What is this hairy abomination?! Ahhhh it's trying to bite me!" Tao screamed as he stood on the seats. Hope easily hopped onto the seat and Tao's trembling leg.

"Hope! Come here!" J-hope whistled and the puppy tripped over its own feet while trying to run over.

"Hope's gentle. He won't bite. Go ahead, pet him." J-hope instructed and Suho gently petted the golden retriever's head.

"Hi there Hope! I'm Suho, ans I hope we'll be good friends." Hope Suho's hand and he laughed. The other Exo members hesitantly approached the puppy and took turns playing with him. 

'Cute, but not as cute as Kirsten." Baekhyun thought as he snuck a glance at me.

 

Once Hope fell asleep from playing so much, I started the concert. Yesterday, we randomly selected our order. It went like this: 

1. Chanyeol × Baekhyun duet 

2. Kai × Lay × Sehun dance 

3. Tao's wushu 

4. D.O × Chen × Luhan × Suho song 

5. Kris, Luhan, and Xiumin's. . . skit?

6. Whole Exo dance (Growl)

7. (Finale) Baekhyun × Me 'Salut d'amore'

 

Chanyeol grabbed a stool and my mother's guitar before heading on stage. Baekhyun stood center, and with 3 taps of Chanyeol's foot, the song began.

They sang 'The Day' (a song by K. Will and Baekhyun, just imagine that Chanyeol is K. Will). Baekhyun's sweet voice projected throughout the room, and Chanyeol soon joined in, his fingers picking at the strings. It was beautiful.

That day when I was with you

That warm day that was filled with you

The passing wind remembers you back then

 

That night when I was with you

I held you in my arms under the streetlights

And I wished that time would stop

 

Countless days have passed and are fading

In the scattering time

No matter how much I long for you

I can't hear your memories

 

I'm missing you again

I'm thinking of you especially me today

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter