Truth

Do You Speak English?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We waited in the hall for what seemed like hours. Chanyeol had me in his warm embrace, as if I would fall apart any moment now.

"It's okay. I know he'll be alright. Baekhyun is the most persistent person I know." He kept muttering. It was probably more to himself than to me.

The group of doctors walked out of the room and we all stood up quickly, ignoring the pins and needles in our legs.

"We were able to save him. I don't know what kind of poison it was, we've never seen it before. The activated charcoal did absorb the poison, so he's safe now. He will be discharged in a few days. You may see him now, I know it's been rough." The eldest doctor patted my shoulder and moved aside to let us inside the room. 

I hesitantly grabbed the cool handle of the door and slid the door open.

 

Baekhyun lay on the bed, only connected to an IV. I had expected worse, I thought he would be hooked up to multiple machines like they showed in dramas and movies. He looked pale, and his eyes were peacefully shut. At the sound of the door, his eyes fluttered open.

"Hey guys."

The Exo boys quickly crowded around him, and Lay started to fuss over him.

"Are you alright? Are you uncomfortable anywhere? Maybe I should just heal you myself." He muttered.

"Hyung. That's not a good idea. If he miraculously gets better, the doctors are going to see that something is weird." Kai said. Lay sighed dejectedly.

"I hate seeing you guys in pain though...."

Jungkook approached the bed and held his fist out.

"Welcome back from the dead mate." Sasha smacked his head.

"Kookie!" She hissed. Baekhyun weakly smiled and connected his fist with the younger.

"Thanks."

"Kirsten? Why are you just standing over there?" Sehun asked. All the boys' eyes swiveled towards me, including Baekhyun's shining orbs.

"I-I'm sorry." I said and felt the warm tears spill over my eyes and run down my face. Baekhyun looked startled.

"Why in the world are you sorry?" He asked as he held out his arms.

I made no move to approach them as I blubbered. "B-Because I fed you the cake." His eyes softened into cresents.

"Kiwi, that wasn't your fault. If anything, I should thank you. You only fed me a small piece. Being the pig I am, I would have taken a huge bite, and I might not even be here right now." He said and held his arms out again. This time, I walked straight towards them and let myself feel his hug. He moved over and forced me to lay down with him. 

Suho coughed and the boys filed out. Before walking out, Chen winked. We both blushed and I buried my face in his chest.

"Are you okay?" I asked, my voice muffled.

"Of course. I'm the mighty Byun Baekhyun. I refuse to be defeated by mere poison." He puffed up his chest. I chuckled softly.

"I was so scared. When you collapsed, I thought it was my fault. I kept blaming myself, I still do. I'm so so sorry." I mumbled and he pulled my away to look me in the eye.

"It was not your fault. I was going to eat the cake anyway. Did you give me the poison? No. It's not your fault, so stop blaming yourself for it. Okay?" He said sternly.

"Okay." I said and pressed my ear against his chest. The steady thumping reassured me.

It was okay. He was still alive, and I was hearing his heartbeat.

 

"Who do you think did it?" Kris asked. The Exo boys turned to look at Jungkook.

"No! It wasn't me! I swear! What would I get out of murdering someone? And besides, where would I have gotten the poison from?" The boys murmured in agreement, but Chanyeol still glared at Jungkook. 

"Could we take a look at your cameras?" Suho asked, turning to Sasha. 

"Sure... I guess. Aren't we going to tell the police about this?" Sasha mumbled.

"Trust me, it's better that we figure this out amongst ourselves. It will only get messy if the police get involved." Suho said and started to walk out the door.

"Where are you going?" Kris asked.

"Going to check the cameras." He stated.

"Now?" Sasha asked.

"It's better that we find out now. I don't want anyone else getting hurt." Suho somberly spoke. 

"I'll stay behind. Just in case something happens." Chanyeol sais and protectively stood in front of Baekhyun's door.

 

The keys jangled as Sasha opened the door to her cafe. She lead the boys into the back room and logged onto the computer. After entering in the password, she clicked on the history of the camera. She set it to the approximate time the incident happened.

"It should be around here. I'm going to leave now, I don't want to see that dreadful scene again." Sasha shuddered and walked out of the back room. Jungkook followed.

Suho nervously gulped and pressed play.

Everything was normal at first. Then, something very strange happened. 

The time in the cafe came to a sudden stop. Everyone's movements halted. The camera wasn't stopped, it kept on recording. A man teleported into the cafe and loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter