Panic

Do You Speak English?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Okay... so we're going home now. Everyone get in." I ordered as I unlocked the car. Baekhyun was about to pile into the back, but D.O. shoved him out. 

"You are sitting in the front. End of discussion." He growled, and Baekhyun was quick to obey. As he buckled himself in, he wondered why he was listening to the order of someone younger than himself. 

"Buckle up everyone." I instructed as I pulled out of the parking lot. The car was filled with soft clicks. And then awkward silence.

"Uh... should we listen to some music?" I reached out to turn on the radio but Baekhyun's fingers collided into mine. 

"I-Um I'll turn the music. You should focus on driving." Baekhyun mumbled and blushed shyly. He turned the knob and Prokofiev's piano concerto began to play.

"YESSS I LOVE THIS PIECE!!! DUH DUH DUUUUUH DUH DUH DUH DUHDUHDUHDUH DUHDUH DUH DUUUH DUH DUUUH DUH DUH!" I screamed along to the music. When the car was stopped by a traffic light, I conducted and sang the piano part. 

"AH, that was so satisfying. I live for this piece." I sighed when the piece ended with a bang. When I turned to look at Baekhyun, I found him sitting as far away from me as he could.

"What?" I asked defensively. My singing wasn't great but it's PROKOFIEV! YOU HAVE TO SING PROKOFIEV'S PIANO CONCERTO!

"You scare me woman." Baekhyun's teeth chattered in fear. 

"You know you love me though." I teased and 'awww's' filled the car. Baekhyun flushed and settled back in his seat, grumbling.

 

 

"Can I talk to you alone?" Suho asked after all the Exo members left the parked car.

"Sure." I was mildly surprised.

"It's about Baekhyun. I just wanted to say that Baekhyun's a good guy. He can be a bit stubborn and irritable at times, but he's a nice person. I completely support you two, I think that you're wonderful for each other. If that idiot ever hurts you, just tell me. I'll fill his lungs with water." Upon seeing my horrified expression, Suho chuckled.

"I'm just kidding. But really tell me if something happens. We all support you two and have come to grown to love and care for you as a sister. If you ever need anything or something is bothering you, come talk to us." Suho smiled sweetly.

"T-thanks Suho." I stammered, taken aback from his sweet words. I had no idea that they cared for me like this.

"Call me Joonmyun. Suho is just my nickname."

"Is Chen's real name Kim Jongdae?" I asked.

"Yes. Why?" Suho cocked his head in confusion.

"Because I can hear Chanyeol roaring for him right now." Suho's grin dropped and his expression became murderous.

"I am going to kill those little s." He growled and marched into the house. I laughed and followed the furious leader inside.

 

 

As the sun set, I rummaged through the fridge to see what I could make for dinner. With a sigh, I realized that I was out of food. 

"Guys! I'm going to run out and buy some groceries really quick. Im going to the store a couple blocks away. I'll be back in 30 minutes." I called out as I grabbed a sweatshirt.

"Do you want me to go with you?" Baekhyun asked as he trotted to the front door.

"Nah. I'll be back soon. Love you." After some hesitation, I pecked him on the lips before walking out. I smiled, knowing that the little kiss had probably left him weak in the knees. It certainly did to me. Baekhyun sighed dreamily as he watched me disappear around the corner.

 

 

As I was bagging the groceries, I got a call from Joonmyun.

"Hey Joonie. Why did you call. Is there something you need?" I asked.

"I'm hurt. You gave Suho a nickname?" Baekhyun sniffed with mock hurt.

"Yeah yeah. Why did you call?" 

"I miss you... Are you heading back?"

"Yeah, I'm heading back."

"Do you want me to pick you up with the car?"

"Baekhyun, you don't even know how to drive. I'll walk and be back in 5 minutes tops!"

"I could still get you. Someone might steal you from me."

"Baekhyun..." I groaned.

"What?! It's true!"

"I'll be back soon. I'm hanging up." I huffed as I disconnected the call.

"Jeez, overprotective much?" I muttered as I set down the groceries to put my wallet away. A figure dressed in all black darted past me and snatched my wallet.

"Hey! That's mine!" I shrieked and ran onto the street, ignoring the red light. A car suddenly turned the corner and slammed in my body. I rolled over several times before coming to a stop.The thief heard the screeching of tires and whirled around in shock. He then shrugged and kept running away. 

I felt the sticky warmness trickling over to my fingers. There was red, too much of it. My eyes slowly closed as the woman from the car shakily called the emergency department.

For a while, I felt like I was floating. Then nothing.

 

 

The end.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter