22

A Dancer's Secret

~Author's POV ~

Noticing the silence, Woohyun opened back his eyes and played with his fingers as he looked down, “Please, I’m interested in your sister.”

Pulling his small towel off of his head, Kevin’s eyes became serious, replacing the warm pair of eyes you would see. The bed creaked as the male sat down on his own bed, his eyes still fixed at the latter in front of him.

“I can’t help you,” he said, placing the towel around his neck. His voice was firm, as if it was impossible to change his mind. With his hand gripping on the wet towel, he tried to present himself as serious as possible. And it seemed to work, for Woohyun’s jaw dropped unconsciously.

“Why?” Woohyun replied, his back straightened up with his eyes now on Kevin. Realizing he may have sound childish and rude, he added, “I respect your decision but can you please tell me a reason why?”

The blonde sighed, placing his towel back onto his head and continued to dry his hair. “I just can’t and don’t want to,” he simply stated. He could already feel the tension building up between them, it was rather uncomfortable. It wasn’t a lie nor truth, it’s just the thought of everything might spilling out made himself self-conscious.

Woohyun was obviously unsatisfied and felt a bit hurt by his answer. Was he not trusted or good enough for his sister? Or is it because of something else. His mind was filled with questions that wanted to be answered, but he knew he couldn’t ask all of them. “Am I not trusted enough?” he carefully asked, hoping Kevin would say no. But it doesn’t seem it was going his way. There was a silence instead; a yes or no wasn’t spoken in the room.

“Maybe.”

The young male could already feel his blood boiling; his patience doesn’t seem to be in the best condition today.  Why couldn’t he just give him a straight forward answer? He could’ve just told him what he thought instead of not answering anything clearly, it just hurt his feelings even more. His hand pressed against the floor, levering himself up as he tried to calm down slowly. “Then I guess I’ll take my leave then if you won’t help or cooperate with me,” Woohyun brushed his jeans swiftly. “I’ll ask your sister out and I don’t plan on getting your approval.”

Suddenly Kevin snapped for the first time; his hands gripped Woohyun’s collar while his strong gaze pierced the male in front of him. “I don’t care if you’re mad at me right now but I swear to God if you hurt Nicole mentally or physically, I promise you that you have just dug your own grave,” he lowly growled. “A man like you who tries to know Nicole by asking others is someone I won’t respect to go out with her anyways, so I’m glad that you won’t ask for my approval because it’s an obvious no.”

Woohyun was puzzled at what Kevin had told him, but it didn’t add the fact that he was also surprised he had that side of him. “W-what is she to you really?” he asked, gripping onto his wrists.

The realization of what he had done hit Kevin, loosening his grip and dropping his gaze, he stood there in silence. His right foot took a step back along with his left, Kevin turned around facing his back at the male. “You may leave,” he said, rather ordered. He heard the door slam behind him; a loud sigh left his mouth.

◊   ◊   ◊   ◊   ◊   ◊   ◊   ◊   ◊   ◊   ◊   ◊

“I can’t wait till we get there!” Nichkhun chirped happily, stuffing chocolate almond Peppero sticks in his mouth.

There was loud chatter in the tour bus, today marked the start of the school’s annual field trip to the beach. Each year everyone would anticipate for it, break from tests, classes, and homework.

Seating next him was Minhwan, who was quietly looking at something on his phone. He rolled his eyes at his friend and said, “You’re only excited to see the girls.” He laughed at his chingu who blushed slightly and quickly swallowed his food before answering back at him.

“I’m not!” the male retorted back. He could hear the snickers from the two identical males seating in front of them. In response, he kicked the two seats in front of him.

Two heads popped up and faced him with an expression of annoyance. “What was that for?!” the two twins asked, acting as if they don't know the reason for getting hit. 

“You dare laugh at your Hyung?” Nichkhun began to scold the two. “It’s not even true too!”

“It is true,” Kwangmin argued, rolling his eyes. He rested his arms on the top of his seat, not caring if he might get in trouble or not; the teachers are busy sleeping to notice anyways.

His twin brother nodded and added, “You always want to go to the beach first, not just for the fresh air and water.”

The twins and Nichkhun bickered with one another, while Yoseob plainly ignored them and mind his own business. The row beside the four was Nicole and Kevin, the pair was sleeping well trying to sleep, and Yoseob and Myungsoo, the two were talking to one another.

“They sure are hyper so early in the morning,” Yoseob stated, showing slight amusement. He looked at the black hair male nod in agreement, observing their two foreign friends in the back of their seat. Craning his neck, he checked on them also.

The step brothers were sharing earphones but it was probably useless because of the loud voices in the bus overlapped their music. The smaller male rested against the other’s shoulder, eyes shut and breathing slowly. While the blonde rested his head on his sibling’s head but his eyes were wide open.

“Couldn’t sleep?” Myungsoo asked the male, but his gaze was not at the one who he was talking to but the one that never fails to catch his attention.

“It’s way too hard to sleep with this kind of ruckus,” the one thought to be asleep answered. His eyelids slowly opened, revealing pearly black eyes, “right Kevin?” The sibling nodded in agreement as he scrolled through some songs on his MP3. “Ah where’s Woohyun Oppa?”

“Yah Nicole,” Yoseob hissed quietly but loud enough to hear, gesturing her to be quiet, “it’s Hyung right now, what if someone else heard.” He watched the female gasp and cover cutely, followed with a nod. “But to answer your question, Woohyun-ah is sitting in another bus with Sungyeol and Hongki Hyung.”

Taking in the information, Nicole nodded and continued to lean on her step brother. She quickly sensed something was wrong, his tension and aura around him seemed different as soon as she mentioned Woohyun. I wonder what happened to Woohyun Oppa and Kevin Oppa, she thought to herself.

Hours had passed, conversations were made here and there, and finally they have arrived at the hotel they were going to stay at. The students rushed out of the bus and stretched, breathing in the fresh sea air. After unloading their luggage, everyone went to the lobby to meet up with the teachers that were giving out keys to the rooms. As soon as everyone was in the lobby, they circled around the teachers and listened carefully for further instructions.

“Everyone is assigned to a roommate so there will be no choosing,” the male teacher stated. “I will read out the list and call a pair one at a time.”

“Neh,” the students replied in unison.

Nicole nudged Kevin, gaining his attention. “I thought you said we could choose our roommates?” she asked nervously, biting her lips.

“I don’t know, Nichkhun Hyung said that we were allowed to,” Kevin furrowed his eyes brows. Noticing his sister’s distress, he rubbed her back trying his best to calm down, “Don’t worry, we might be able to switch.”

Nicole stared at her brother with hopeful eyes and nodded, remaining quiet and patiently waiting for her name to be called. Minutes have passed and so far Minhwan and Myungsoo are paired with each other. Gripping the key given to him in his hands, Myungsoo observed Nicole who was leaning against Kevin, tired from standing so long. A frown formed on his lips; he fixed his gaze to the clean glass floor.

“Jung Nic and Nam Woohyun,” the teacher called. 

Woohyun automatically walked up to the teacher, happy that he would be able to rest in his room now. The bus ride wasn’t as pleasant for him, the memory of what happened last night made him question nonstop. While Nicole hesitatingly walked toward the teacher, leaving her spot next her sibling. Kevin’s gaze was stern as ever, directly to one person, Nam Woohyun. Myungsoo’s gaze was directly at him also, but for a different reason. Well at least I’m not rooming with someone that I don’t know Nicole thought to herself, taking the key given from the teacher. 

"Please take care of me for the next two weeks then, Woohyun Hyung," Nicole smiled at him, getting a simple nod in response. 

What will happen to Nicole and Woohyun? Find out in the next chapter!

Preview:

His face was just inches from hers, the grip on her wrist tightened every time she tried to break free. Only the sound of the air conditioner going on in the room filled the silence in the room. Pressed against the mattress with him on top of her, she was obviously in a disadvantage. The sparkle in his eyes glistened, observing her perfect features. She was tired from struggling out of his grip; her breathing was heavy and uneven. Her voice wouldn't come out even if she tried to; this was definitely the worst situation she has ever gotten herself into. He slowly got closer to her, his lips now just centimeters away. 

"Please.." she managed to say in a cracked voice before forcibly shutting her eyelids, waiting for his lips to come in contact with hers. 

 


Author's Note

I've started my winter break, yeah!~~ So for now I'll try my best to update my other stories and this as much as possible. I'd like to thank all my subscribers and commenters for supporting me. It really does motivate me to keep writing, so thank you.  (Is anyone else excited to see the Dazzling Red performance that Nicole will be in?!) Do you guys think I should keep the preview or not? I wanted to try something new.. >.< Do tell me your opinions.