19

A Dancer's Secret

~ Author's POV ~

"Do you still like him?" Myungsoo stared at Nicole. 

"A-" Nicole paused as the question started to repeat in her mind. 

At the same time, Kevin and Yoseob was still in their room, doing their own stuff. 

"Hey Kevin," Yoseob called out as he tried to get his attention away from his laptop. 

Kevin looked up, "Bwoh?"

"How come Nicole broke up with Sungyeol, if you don't mind me asking," Yoseob hesitatedly asked.

"Well, it's sort of complicated," Kevin scratched his head. 

~ Flashback: 2 Years Ago ~

Nicole and Sungyeol have been dating for a 10 months already and everything seems to be going smoothly. It was a hot August day, with the sun shining the sky, which had not a single cloud in site. In the park near their school, Nicole waited on the park bench as the soft wind blew her long brownish black hair. She was wearing a loose plaid shirt with a white undershirt, a black jacket to keep her warm, and pair of blue shorties.

Looked like this (imagine her hair was brownish black):

7026406849_e898161538_o.jpg

They've been dating for a long time now, but Sungyeol never met her family members before except for Kevin. So he suggested that they should introduced each other to their family members. Nicole already met his family and all that is left is hers. She looked around the park as she waited for Sungyeol to arrive. Two large hands covered her eyes as she smiled secretly, already knowing who it is.

"Guess who."

"Sungyeol, I know that it was you already," Nicole smiled and removed his hands as she turned to face him.

Sungyeol pecked her cheek, "My girlfriend is smart isn't she."

He was wearing a blue plaid shirt with a black undershirt and a pair of black jeans with it.

Looked like this (exclude the sun glasses): 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_z2jr6WhA6j_UUP22u3x

Nicole blushed, "So now that you're here, why don't we start heading to my house?"

Sungyeol nodded as Nicole stood up from the bench. He stood beside Nicole and laced his hands with hers. Soon they exited out of the park and walked through the neighborhood. While they were walking, it was unusually quiet. The only thing that could be heard between them are their own footsteps on the concrete sidewalk.

Sungyeol started to squeeze Nicole’s hand, “Cole, are you ok?”

Nicole nodded, “Of course I am.”

“Yah, don’t lie to me,” he frowned as he used his free hand to pinch her left cheek.

Nicole removed his hand and started to rub it, “Fine, I’m just worried ok?”

“You don’t have to be worried, everything is going to be fine,” Sungyeol assured.

“But my older brother is so over-protective of me, he could do anything,” Nicole pouted.

Sungyeol pulled her hand towards his lips and planted a soft kiss, “Don’t worry, I am your boyfriend.”

Nicole blushed and nodded, “Fine, but I warned you.”

They soon arrived in front of Nicole’s house and walked to the front door. Nicole took out the keys that were in her pants pocket and opened the door. After pulling off their shoes, they placed it next to the door. Nicole wore her pink piggy slippers and looked at Sungyeol, who was only wearing socks.

“Do you want any slipper?” Nicole asked.

“Gwenchana,” Sungyeol waved his hand then smirked, “Nice slippers.”

Nicole merong-ed at him to only receive a small laugh by him instead. They walked into the living room which was empty.

"I'm home," Nicole yelled in the house.

A deep voice replied back, but was a bit soft due to the distance, "Welcome home, I'm in the office."

Nicole looked at Sungyeol and gestured him to follow. They passed a staircase and walked down the hallway into the office/library. The room had an office style feel but with a homely presence, with the few pictures of family, albums, and a couple of personal belongings on their own individual desks. There were 3 couches placed in the middle of the room so whenever company was over, they would have a perfect place to talk and play, excluding the living room.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRiKBPGqzlJzUaugEuuDtU

Her brother, Yunho, was writing something as he was seated in his desk. 

"Annyeong Oppa," Nicole waved, trying to not sound nervous.

Sungyeol started to examine the place and then looked at the only figure that was in the room.

"Annyeong~ How was your walk?" Yunho continued to write, not looking up.

Nicole rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly as she didn't know what to say. Sungyeol grabbed her hand and laced her's with his and gave a "Fighting" face.

"Actually, I want introduce someone to you," Nicole slowly said. 

"Chincha? And who is it?" Yunho placed his pen down and looked up with a curious expression. 

Sungyeol bowed, "Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Nicole's current boyfriend, Sungyeol. It's nice to meet you."

Nicole blushed and smiled as she stared at the floor while Yunho threw a stiff look at Sungyeol.

"I'm Yunho. Why don't you two seat down and then we could talk," he got up from his desk chair and sat down the white sofa on the right, which was nearest from his desk.

Sungyeol and Nicole sat down on the white sofa that was across from him. 

"Well it's been a long time since I've seen you hasn't it?" Yunho cracked a small smile. 

Nicole looked at him with confusion, "You guys know each other?"

Sungyeol slowly nodded, "I met him, when Kevin and I stayed after school to finish some thing and he came to pick him up. Soon after that we would hang out once a while."

"Ah, I see. How about I get us some drinks?" Nicole got up.

"That would be great. My well mannered little sister is really the best," Yunho gave her a wide smile.

Nicole giggled, "I'll be right back." 

With that said, Nicole happily skipped down the hallway into the kitchen. Knowing that they're already good friends, Nicole couldn't help but be excited that her own over-protective brother will accept her relationship. She grabbed 3 mugs from the kitchen cabinet and started to make hot chocolate. While in the library/office,  Sungyeol and Yunho were left alone, keeping the room in silence as Sungyeol was looking at his hands while Yunho examined him.

"Nicole was really nervous, whether or not you will accept our relationship," Sungyeol slowly said, breaking the silence.

Yunho smirked, "Of course she is, I am the hardest the get pass by when it’s anything regarding her."

Sungyeol let out a light chuckle, "Yeah, so please accept our relationship."

Yunho stared at bowing Sungyeol, who was waiting for a reply, "Well of course I will accept. I did tell you to approach her first didn't I? I gave you some information about her because I thought you were perfect for her in the first place so why wouldn't I."

Sungyeol cracked an ear to ear smile, "Kashaminada."

"I was a bit shocked to hear you two going out, since you did object to my plan on arranging a meeting," Yunho crossed his legs.

"Sorry about that, I wanted to gradually know her little by little and confess to her without anyone’s help. It was a coincidence, that my best friend was her best friend’s boyfriend," Sungyeol scratched the back of his head.

Yunho laughed, "That's ok. No one could resist my sister's charm right?"

Sungyeol laughed and nodded in agreement. 

"It’s amazing how little information I gave you, you were able to come this far," Yunho said.

A loud crash was heard near the doorway of the room. The smell of hot chocolate filled the room, as it started to spread on the floor with many broken pieces of the cups it was in. The two boys turned their heads to find Nicole with a shocked expression and tear in her eye. 

"Bwoh? Information?" Nicole's lip quivered. 

Sungyeol and Yunho immediately stood up from their position. Nicole quickly ran out of the house, having Sungyeol chasing after her. She entered the park and sat behind the tree, where she confessed to him. Having her knees against her chest, she tried to fight the tears that were threatening her eyes. She was never the type of girl that liked to cry, especially in front of people.

“There you are,” Sungyeol gasped for air.

“What do you want?” Nicole coldly looked at him.

He pulled Nicole’s arm and pulled her up to stand, “Cole, you misunderstood.”

“What did I misunderstand? He asked you to meet me right!?”

Sungyeol grabbed her shoulders, "He did but-"

"But what?" Nicole slowly backed away from him, her back hitting against the tree.

"I rejected him since I didn't want an arrange meeting with you, I wanted to meet you personally," Sungyeol grabbed her hand, not wanting her to stay away from him.

"Then you coincidently met me later on?!" 

"Well I was a friend of Eunhyuk so it was just by coincidence that Gyuri was dating one of my best friends," Sungyeol explained, hoping she doesn't think it's a lie.

"But he usually gives out information and photos when he wants to arrange a meeting. He gave you info and photos right!?" Nicole said, knowing her own brother.

Every time he arranges a meeting, the candidates usually accept it because of her looks or background. That's mainly the reasons why she never accepted any of them or tried to talk to them to get to know them better (even though she's a person that doesn't judge anyone), no matter how rich or handsome they are. 

Sungyeol slowly nodded, "He only told me little bits of information about you but I didn’t fall for you for those reasons."

"Oh really? How do I know you’re not lying?! You could be one of those guys that knew that I hate arrange meetings so you decided to let Eunhyuk introduce us!" 

"No really! It was just a coincidence," he begged for her to believe him.

Nicole cried as she placed her hands on Sungyeol cheeks, "I want to believe it but my mind won't listen to me. It's telling me that our relationship was a lie this whole entire time." 

"Please believe me, I love you for you," Sungyeol said as he tried to fight off the tears that were threatening his eyes.

“I want to believe you, I really do. But right now, my heart is hurting,” Nicole tears started to blur her vision.

Sungyeol pulled her hands towards his lips, allowing him to place butterfly kisses onto them, “Then let’s stop here.”

Nicole’s eyes widened as she let go of his grip and furiously shook her head, “No, I don’t want to. I don’t want to.”

“Please Nicole,” Sungyeol placed his hands on Nicole’s cheeks, “I don’t want you to look at me like one of those men that you despise the most. It’s better if we stop now before you hate me even more.”

“But I don’t want to let you go,” tears started to form in her eyes again.

He pulled her into a hug, “If you don’t let me go now, you’re probably going to hate more if you keep on seeing me.”

“I love you though,” Nicole raised her voice.

“You can’t love someone, who you despise the most,”

“I don’t despise you, it’s just knowing about this right now is all too sudden for me.”

Sungyeol looked at Nicole’s eyes, “Then, I want you to think slowly about it ok?”

Nicole nodded. He released Nicole from his hug and laced his hand around her’s.

“Let’s get you home first,” Sungyeol threw a gentle smile at her as they slowly walked back to her house.

After a few days passed, Sungyeol and Nicole have been ignoring each other in and out of school. Nicole didn’t know whether or not she should approach him. Every time she sees him, her mind tells her ‘Don’t talk to him, he’s a bad man’ while her heart says ‘Approach him, you love him, that’s all that matters’. While Sungyeol wanted to keep his distance for now because he wanted her to have some time to think with this whole situation rising up all of a sudden.

“So how are things going so far with you and Sungyeol?” Gyuri asked her, while she placed 2 glasses of water on the center table of her room.

Nicole came over to Gyuri’s house to get some advice with the situation. With Gyuri as her closest girlfriend, she was the only one Nicole could trust.

Nicole bit her lip, “We’ve been ignoring each other ever since the whole situation came up.”

“That isn’t good. But the real question is: Do you still love him?” Gyuri ran her hand through her hair.

Nicole took a sip of her water, “That’s the problem. I don’t know myself.”

There was a silence in the room, only the sound of footsteps downstairs could be heard.

­“Then my only advice for you is to just follow what your heart tells you to do. No matter what anyone else says,” Gyuri said with a gentle voice.

“What if I do break up with him and I regret it. What do I do?” Nicole pulled her knees towards his chest.

“If you two are truly meant to be together, there will be other chances of the two of you getting back together no matter what,” Gyuri drank some of her water.

Nicole gave a small smile, “Thanks Gyuri.”

Gyuri cracked a genuine smile, “No problem. Just do what you think is best ok?”

“Neh,” Nicole nodded as she pulled Gyuri into a hug.

After hanging out at Gyuri’s house for a while, the sun started to go down so Nicole headed back to her house before it gets too late. She pedaled down the sidewalk as her hair flowed in the wind. Soon Nicole arrived at her house so she jumped off of her bike and dropped it off in front of the house. She slowly opened the front door and took of her shoes to replace them with her slippers. It was sort of quiet, just the sound of her mother chopping something in the kitchen could be heard. Nicole walked up the staircase and walked down the hallway. She stood in front of her bedroom door and slowly twisted the door knob.

“Welcome home,” Kevin said.

Kevin’s room was across from her’s so with his door wide open, he was able to see her trying to quietly go into her room

“Kamsamnida,” Nicole turned around to find Kevin standing in his doorway.

Kevin pointed to her room, “Sungyeol wanted me to give you an envelope so I placed it on your desk ok?”

Nicole opened her door and nodded. She walked into her room and closed the door back. Dropping down her bag onto the side of her desk, she found a white envelope that said: “To: Nicole ♥ From: Sungyeol” She sat down and slowly opened it up and pulled out the letter that was in it.

It said:

Dear Nicole,

I know you still might be confused and might look at me differently now, but I still love you no matter what. I could write many things that I like about you but it might take up the whole page if I wrote everything down. Right now I want to explain what happened between me and Yunho Hyung.

Before I met you, I was best friends with Eunhyuk so he introduced me to your brother, Kevin. I started to hang out with Kevin at school sometimes and I would see you always by his side. I think you already know that you’re pretty famous in school and you have many admirers. This is embarrassing to say but I was one of them. I always liked your cute and caring personality with your amazing smile everytime I see you in school. At first when I met Kevin, I didn’t know you and him were siblings so I wasn’t aware with the chances of actually being able to talk to you. So during that time, Kevin and I stayed after school pretty late to get some things done, which is when I met Yunho Hyung. Kevin introduced me to him and we exchanged phone numbers. He started to contact me daily and met up with me sometimes to ask me questions about myself. After our 6th time meeting each other, he then told me you were his younger sister. Of course I was shocked, knowing that my crush’s older brother was in front of my eyes. He told me some information about you and asked me if he could arrange a meeting with me and you. I declined the offer automatically because at that time I only had a crush on you. Soon after that, I met you which seemed like fate to me. I guess believing in fate seems uncool for a guy like me but I guess I’m just uncool then. *Laughs* I hanged out with you, showing the real me that I hardly know, but you seem to know pretty well. I then realized I love you. Not just for your background or looks like other guys, I love you for you.

But I don’t want you to gradually hate me more as time goes by so I want to stop here before I won’t be able to let you go. I always got up early in the morning just to see one face, which was yours. Always smiling and laughing, every time I see you. But now, you’re spacing out, hardly laughing and smiling these past few days.. I wondered was the real Nicole disappearing slowly because of me? I don’t want that to happen. I don’t want to weigh down your heart so I guess the simplest term is ‘Let’s break up.’ The ring inside the envelope was what I was going to give you if this event didn’t occur. I don’t think you remember but I’ll just say it “Happy 10 Month Anniversary!” That ring was a promise ring that I bought just for you, but now that it seems like it isn’t needed anymore. But please keep it as a remembrance alright? Once again “Happy 10 Month/Last Anniversary”.. I love you.

Love,

Sungyeol

Tears started to form in her eyes again as she examined the tear drop that most likely Sungyeol made while he was writing this.

“That idiot,” she mumbled to herself.

She grabbed the envelope and took out the shiny diamond ring that was in it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqI1_SG8iRVlgYz5t8CKo

She started to examine it and placed it on her right ring finger. More tears started to form in her eyes as she cried in her arms. After an hour of crying, her eyes were swollen with her face red.

“I definitely need to talk to him,” Nicole thought to herself.

She tried to call him but his phone was off. It was a Friday so they could only see each other is on Monday. As soon as Monday arrived, Nicole looked around school looking for him with the ring still on her finger.

“Annyeong Nicole,” Gyuri greeted the troubled Nicole.

Nicole waved, “Annyeong Gyuri. Do you know where Sungyeol is?”

Gyuri shook her head, “Why don’t you ask Eunhyuk.”

“Good idea,” Nicole then started to search for him at his usual spot that he hanged out.

“Annyeong Cole,” Eunhyuk smiled.

“Annyeong, do you know where Sungyeol is?” Nicole furrowed her eye brows.

Eunhyuk stared at her, “I heard he moved from his parents, you didn't know?”

“Bwoh? Moved?” Nicole’s eyes widened.

He slowly nodded.

“Where?!”

“I don’t know either. His parents wouldn't tell me,” Eunhyuk sadly explained.

Nicole stared at the ring on her hand, ‘Is this the reason why you were going to give me a promise ring at first?!’

After that day, Nicole added a necklace chain to the ring and now wears it every day secretly under her clothes. After a couple of days she decided to slowly forget him but did it work?

~ End Of Flashback ~

“But to put it in simpler terms, it involved Yunho Hyung,” Kevin finished explaining.

“Dang, I didn’t think she would have that much drama before,” Yoseob gaped.

Kevin sighed, “It was too bad they broke up too. He would be the only guy I would probably let to date Nicole.”

“Wae?” Yoseob curiously asked.

“A long time ago, Nicole used to have a phobia with men. She hated getting close with them because of Yunho’s meetings with guys so she always thought the boys around her were just using her also, “ Kevin said, “But after meeting Sungyeol, she defeated her phobia because of him.”

Yoseob’s mouth dropped open, “She had a phobia of men?! Chincha?”

Kevin nodded.

“That’s sort of ironic how she’s attending an all-boys school too,” Yoseob pointed out.

Kevin chuckled, “Yeah it is.”

“So does Nicole still like him?” Yoseob asking one last question.

Kevin frowned, “To tell you the truth, I don’t even know.”

While back with Nicole and Myungsoo, Nicole was still silent, trying to think what was the answer to Myungsoo’s question.

“Well?” Myungsoo stared at Nicole, as he slowly gets impatient.

“I’m not sure myself,” Nicole slowly answered as she shyly looked at the ground.

Myungsoo patted her head and flashed a gentle smile, “It’s ok. You don’t have to force yourself.”

Nicole cracked a small smile at him as he smiled back. There was an awkward silence between them as they sound of cars passing by filled the silence.

“Why don’t we get back inside?” Myungsoo backed up, giving Nicole’s space back.

Nicole jumped off of Myungsoo’s motorcycle, “Yeah.”

They started to walk back to the store. As soon as they entered, Sungyeol stood up from the table and waved good bye to the others. 

"Sungyeol Oppa, what's wrong?" Nicole raised her eyebrows.

"I have to go to my acting class soon, so I wanna drop you back to your dorm room," Sungyeol said.

Nicole's move formed into an 'O', "It's fine, you have to go back to your dorm so I'll just go back myself."

Myungsoo tried to take this chance, "I could walk her back."

"It's alright, I'm the one who asked you out so I should be the one who walks you back," Sungyeol shook his head.

Nicole gave in, "Fine then. Myungsoo Oppa, can you tell the others I said bye then."

"Alright," Myungsoo nodded, trying to hide his disappointment.

Sungyeol and Nicole both waved good bye and exited out of the store. As soon as they left, Myungsoo walked back to where his friends were.

"Nicole said good bye," Myungsoo said as he sat down in his seat.

The 2 boys nodded and stared at Myungsoo who was quietly sipping his drink.

"Bwoh?" Myungsoo looked at them.

"Isn't Nicole your girlfriend?" Nichkhun finally asked.

Myungsoo shook his head and smirked, "Not yet."

While Sungyeol and Nicole were still walking to Nicole's 'dorm room'. 

"So what did he give you?" Sungyeol curiously asked.

"He just gave me my money that I left last time," she lied.

Sungyeol nodded as he put his hands in his pockets.

"I'm sorry that I couldn't have stayed longer," he scratched the back of his head.

Nicole gave a light chuckle, "It's alright. It's not your fault that you had classes today."

"Next time, when I take you out, I'll definitely hang out longer than today," Sungyeol smiled.

Nicole raised a brow, "Next time?"

Sungyeol realized what he said and blushed a little, "Well if you want to."

She laughed and messed up his hair, "Of course I would."

They soon arrived in front of the girl's dorm room. 

"Well I guess I'll see you around," Sungyeol gave a small smile. 

Nicole nodded. 

"By the way thanks," Sungyeol grabbed her hand.

Surprised by his action, she looked at him, "For what?"

"For today and for keeping the ring I gave you," Sungyeol pulled her into a hug.

Nicole's eyes widened, "How did you know?"

"I saw it while we were in the store," Sungyeol smile widened.

Nicole pulled away a little from the hug to be able to look at his face, "Oh, I see..."

Sungyeol quickly kissed her forehead before she could block him. Nicole was of course shocked and blushed madly.

"Yah!" Nicole yelled.

Sungyeol quickly ran away, "Annyeong!~"

Nicole waved her hand in the air and yelled, "YAH!~"

He then disappeared, leaving Nicole in front of girl's dorm room. She called Gyuri to see if she could give her uniform or some extra boy clothes to change into. After waiting for 5 minutes, Gyuri appeared and gave her a bag of male clothes that she was holding, incase of emergencies. Nicole thanked her and secretly walked into a deserted restroom that hardly anyone uses. She quickly changed into different clothing and pulled out her extentsions which was placed in her bag. She looked both ways, making sure no one saw her come out of the girls restroom. As soon as she ran out, she started down the path which lead to the front gate. 

"You, the boy in the blue shirt!" a voice yelled out. 

Nicole turned around and looked at a group of girls behind her. She pointed at herself which the girls nodded.

"What is a boy doing here?" a girl, who seem to be the leader of the group asked.

"Mianhae, I have a friend that goes here so I was just dropping her off since we hanged out earlier," Nicole rubbbed the back of her neck as she lied.

One of the other girls standing next to her but her hands on her waist, "Do you think we will believe you?"

"Yeah," the rest of the group agreed. 

"Wait!~" the girl leader gestured them to stop.

She started to squint at Nicole and examine her as if she was an interesting piece of art.

"Are you Nic Jung?" she asked.

"Yes, how do you know my name?" Nicole asked, as she was a bit shocked of a stranger knowing her fake name.

The leader's face brightened up, "So your Hongki Oppa's roommate?"

Nicole hesitatedly nodded. She grabbed Nicole's hand and pulled her into a handshake.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Jessica," the girl introduced herself. 

 


Oh my god!~ I finally updated!! Woot!~ I had to restart the chapter a couple of times since when I press update, it wouldn't load the page at all.. -.- So really sorry for the slow update!! And I fail at writing emotional/sad moments so please bear with the cheesy dramatic scenes..Jessica has finally entered the story keke x) The next chapter will be Jessica's little story with Nicole so please look forward to the next update! I'm adding a lot of SungCole (?) scenes so I'll try to add more of WooCole and and MyungCole for you guys. Yes, Woohyun has not disappeared yet ;) 

Thanks to all my subscribers and commenters!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!~~ <3 

Bjdce.gif

(Gif credit to the original owner)

Comments and suggestions are always welcomed!~ ^.^ Hope you liked this chapie!