18

A Dancer's Secret

~ Author's POV ~

“Bwoh?” Nicole asked, making sure she heard right.

Sungyeol placed his cup down while his right hand held onto Nicole’s hand that was on the table.

“Can we start over?” Sungyeol repeated, making it sound clearer.

Nicole’s eyes widened in shock as the question started to process in her mind.

“Wae?!” Nicole asked him as she slowly removed his hand from hers.

Sungyeol sighed, “I’ve always liked you even after you broke up with me. I thought that by leaving California that I might forget you, but I’ve been living in Korea for more than a year now and I still can’t forget you.”

There was a pause as Sungyeol stared deeply in Nicole’s eyes and grabbed both of her hands in his.

“Then, by chance, I see you here. I knew that this was the sign for me to confess to you again.”

“That’s unbelievable,” Nicole shook her head.

“It’s called fate.”

“That can’t be called fate, you found me by the internet and a few strangers.”

“Actually I found you before I asked other people.”

“How?” Nicole questioned.

Sungyeol frowned, “I saw you at the amusement park with 3 boys, one of them was the guy that your brother set you a date with. Remember when you went to get churros.”

“Yeah,” Nicole remembered.

“I worked there and I was the guy who gave you it, but I guess you couldn’t tell because I was wearing a hat,” Sungyeol cracked a small smile.

“Chincha!?”

“Yeah, that’s why I slowly handed you your churros so I could examine your face, making sure I wasn’t seeing things. At first I didn’t believe it, thinking that it was just some girl that looked like you. After I got off from work, I soon found out that you were really here. Is this really not fate?”

Nicole couldn’t think of anything to say as she tried to process what he said in her mind, “Uh..”

“I understand that you might still be mad with me because of what happened, but I liked you before he even asked me. So you don’t have to answer me right now,” Sungyeol gave her a reassuring smile.

“Thanks,” Nicole cracked a small smile.

Sungyeol poke her forehead, “You’re lucky I’m not one of those mean guys, who make you answer right away.”

Nicole giggled, “Its cause Oppa is awesome.”

“Of course I am,” Sungyeol smiled proudly.

Nicole laughed, “Yah, don’t be too proud.”

“N-nic?” A familiar voice called her as a hand shook her shoulder.

Sungyeol looked at the figures with a ‘What-the-heck’ face. Nicole turned to see Nichkhun and Minhwan staring at her.

“Yah, I told you she wasn’t Nic,” Nickhun hit Minhwan’s back.

“Mianhae, I thought you were someone we knew,” Minhwan blushed and apologized.

“Wait a seconds, aren’t you Nicole?” Nichkhun examined Nicole to make sure.

Nicole nodded her head, “Neh, are you my brother’s friends?”

Nichkhun smiled and nodded, “No wonder you look so familiar.”

“Yeah you sort of look like your brother,” Minhwan blushed.

“Yeah, I get that a lot. I’m Nicole,” Nicole bowed.

Nichkhun chuckled, “I’m Nichkhun. You don’t have to be formal.”

“I’m Minhwan. Sorry if I scared you earlier,” Minhwan rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

Nicole laughed and patted his back, “Gwenchana, you didn’t scare me. Are we all the same age?”

“Yeah, except Nichkhun since he’s a year older. Oldie!~,” Minhwan teased and pointed at him.

“Yah! Who are you calling Oldie?” Nichkhun jokily glared at him.

“High five, we are the same age,” Sungyeol and Nichkhun high-five each other.

Nicole started to jump in her chair, “Yay! I have a new same age chingu!!”

Nichkhun, Minhwan, and Sungyeol laughed at her behavior while Nicole just meronged at them.

“Why don’t you sit with us?” Sungyeol suggested. “Well if it’s ok with you?” He looked at Nicole.

“Yeah, come sit down with us,” Nicole eye smiled at them.

‘It’ll be probably less awkward if they sit down with us anyway,’ Nicole thought.

“Chincha? Is it ok?” Nichkhun asked.

“Yeah,” Sungyeol and Nicole nodded at them.

Nichkhun looked at Minhwan, who shrugged and nodded his head.

“Alright then, kamsahanmnida,” Nichkhun thanked.

Minhwan took a seat by Nicole while Nichkhun sat beside Sungyeol. They asked about each other a bit so they could get to know each other more.

“Which school do you guys go to?” Sungyeol sipped his drink.

“Me and Minhwan go to Seoul Seika High School, what about you?” Nichkhun leaned back in his chair.

“Chincha! Same here,” Sungyeol’s face plastered a surprise and excited face.

‘Are you kidding me!! Just my luck,’ Nicole yelled in her mind.

“Are you serious? I’m taking dancing and singing while Minhwan is just taking singing. What about you?” Nichkhun quickly asked, as if he would be too late to ask him.

“I’m taking singing, dancing, and acting after school,” Sungyeol answered.

Minhwan’s eyes widened, “You’re one of those special people!!”

“Bwoh? Special people?” Nicole looked at him confused.

Minhwan nodded, “There are only a handful of students that are able to take 3 classes if they are talented enough.”

Nicole pouted at Sungyeol, “Oppa, how come you didn’t tell me this?”

“I didn’t think it was a big deal,” Sungyeol shrugged.

Nichkhun head locked him and started to miss up his hair, “It’s a big deal alright! Don’t make fun of us.”

The four laughed while Nichkhun still had Sungyeol in a head lock.

“So Nicole, what are you taking at your school? I heard they do modeling and make-up classes there,” Minhwan asked.

Nicole nervously laughed, “Ani, I don’t think I’m pretty enough for modeling and I don’t really like make up so I just take regular classes like some others.”

Nichkhun released Sungyeol who rubbed the back of his neck. The boys looked at her in disbelief as Nicole stared at them in confusion.

“Bwoh? Is there something on my face?” Nicole asked as she touched her face.

Nichkhun shooked his head while Sungyeol face palmed himself.

“Chincha? You really think you aren’t pretty?” Minhwan questioned her as if she was lying.

“Yeah I’m not. I have a friend who is gorgeous just like a goddess,” Nicole smiled proudly.

Sungyeol scoffed, “Gyuri is a goddess, but you are pretty.”

“Yeah, Gyuri is pretty but you’re pretty too,” Nichkhun complimented.

“Order 50!” the workers called out.

Minhwan and Nichkhun got up from their seats, “That’s us.”

Minhwan and Nichkhun left the two at the table and walked up to the counter. Nichkhun pulled out their receipt to show it the worker. The worker handed them their boba milk teas and fries. Minhwan grabbed two straws and a few napkins.

“Hey, isn’t Nicole Myungsoo’s girlfriend?” Minhwan inserted the straws into their drinks.

Nichkhun nodded, “Yeah, well that’s what I heard.”

They turned around to the two figures sitting down. Sungyeol and Nicole were laughing at something as they sipped their drinks. Sungyeol extended his right arm to mess up Nicole’s hair as she pouted cutely.

“They look like a couple though,” Minhwan examined them.

He’s coming here soon, what are we going to do? Yesterday when he got back, he was smiling like crazy when he talked to me,” Nichkhun sighed as he changed the subject.  

Minhwan nodded his head, “Yeah, I don’t think it was a good idea inviting him here.”

Nichkhun shrugged, “Oh well. We can’t do anything about it.”

They walked back to the table with their food and drinks in their hand.

“What did you guys get?” Nicole asked them as they sat back down.

Minhwan took out his fries from his white bag that said Tea Station and placed on the table.

“We got fries and boba as you could see,” Minhwan jokily mocking her.

Nicole rolled her eyes and said in a sarcastic tone, “Chincha? I couldn’t tell!~”

 “Oh by the way, one of my friends is coming, is it alright if he could sit with us?” Nichkhun asked as he drank his boba.

“Sure we don’t mind,” Sungyeol smiled as Nicole nodded.

‘Please don’t be him, please don’t be him,’ Nicole prayed in her mind.

Minhwan moved his fries to the center of the table, “You guys could have some.”

Nicole bit her lip and looked at Minhwan, “Chincha? Is that alright?”

“Yes of course it’s alright,” Minhwan assured.

“Thanks,” Sungyeol grabbed a fry and popped it in his mouth.

“I guess I’ll take some. If we meet up again, let me treat you ok?” Nicole poked Minhwan’s arm.

Sungyeol grinned and thought, “You haven’t changed a bit.”

Minhwan chuckled, “Fine, just eat up.”

“Ok then, don’t mind if I do,” Nichkhun grabbed some fries.

The front door of the store squeaked open as a bell ringed, telling someone came in.

Nichkhun looked at the figure and smiled.

“Over here!” He waved at the figure.

Looking at the boy walking towards them Sungyeol frown a little, which made Nicole curious why.

“Annyeong,” the boy greeted cheerfully.

Nicole turned to face him which made her curse in her mind and bit her lip. The boy examined her face and smirked.

“What took you so long?” Minhwan whined.

Myungsoo smiled, “I had to finish some errands.”

“Since you are finally here, grab a chair,” Nichkhun pointed at the empty space between Nicole and Sungyeol.

Myungsoo pulled up a chair and placed it near Sungyeol and Nicole. They were seated like this:   

                        Nicole  Minhwan

      Myungsoo    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpcFuQY4JEf7RTnC8X5iH   

                      Sungyeol   Nichkhun

“Well since you know Nicole already, this is Sungyeol,” Nichkhun introduced.

“Annyeonghassyo, I’m Sungyeol,” Sungyeol introduced himself.

Myungsoo gave him a polite smile, “I’m Myungsoo.”

“Are you and Nicole the same age?” Sungyeol asked him.

Myungsoo nodded, “Wae?”

“Then I’m your Hyung. Let’s drop the formalities,” Sungyeol smiled.

“Neh.”

Under the table Myungsoo grabbed Nicole’s right hand and squeezed it. Nicole was shocked but hid it and stared at him with a ‘What-are-you-doing’ face. In return Myungsoo gave her a ‘You-better-tell-me-later’ face and released her hand.

“So are you going to get anything?” Minhwan looked at Myungsoo.

He shrugged, “I don’t know, maybe just a boba milk tea I guess.”       

“I’ll come with you since I want to order something too,” Nichkhun got up.

Myungsoo nodded and stood up from his chair. The two boys walked to the front to order their food leaving Nicole, Sungyeol, and Minhwan alone.

“I’m going to go to restroom,” Minhwan said and excused himself.

Nicole and Sungyeol stared at each other in silence.

“Well, your brother’s friends sure are nice,” Sungyeol ended the silence.

Nicole hesitantly nodded, “Yeah they are all really nice.”

“So was the guy that took you out to the amusement park,” Sungyeol showing a hint of jealousy in his voice.

Nicole giggled at him, “Someone’s jealous.”

“Bwoh? I’m not,” he argued with a pout on his face.

“Haha sure you aren’t,” Nicole rolled her eyes and grabbed a fry.

Sungyeol grabbed her wrist, “That was mine, I was gonna take that.”

“There’s more so take another one since I got it first,” Nicole removed his hand from her wrist.

Sungyeol pouted, “But I wanted that one!”

Nicole held the fry in , leaving on 2 inches of the fry sticking out.

“Well too bad,” Nicole leaned towards him and teased.

Sungyeol leaned in and bit the end fry that was still sticking out from Nicole’s mouth. Nicole’s eyes widened as he slowly took more bites, getting closer to her face. Sungyeol finally stopped when their lips were only a centimeter apart. He leaned back to his chair as he stared at the blushing Nicole.

Nicole devoured the rest of the fry, “Yah! What do you think you are doing?”

“That’s what you get for taking my fry,” Sungyeol smirked.

Nicole’s face turned redder as Sungyeol laughed at her.

“Yah!” Nicole tried to reach him but her arms were too short, “You’re lucky that I’m short and have short arms!”

“Of course, why do you think I always win when we play basketball together,” Sungyeol teased.

Nicole tried harder to reach him so she could hit him but she still wasn’t able to. Sungyeol laced his hands with Nicole’s, which shocked Nicole. Feeling his same big, warm hands holding her’s as if he protecting her from anything just like before. She quickly let go of his hands as soon as she entered back to reality.

“What do you think you are doing?” Nicole stared at her hands, which was on her lap.

“I was just proving that I have longer arms than you,” Sungyeol answered innocently.

Nicole rolled her eyes, “I knew that a long time ago.”

“Back,” Minhwan announced as he settled back into his seat.

“Welcome back,” Sungyeol and Nicole said in sync.

“So what did I miss?”

Sungyeol grabbed a fry and took a bite of it, “Nothing really.”

Minhwan nodded, “Man, what’s taking so long for them to get their order.”

Nicole turned to look at the 2 boys waiting for their order and shrugged.

“Oh by the way,” Minhwan hesitated, “are you guys dating by any chance?”

Nicole quickly shook her head, “Ani~”

“Well we used to be,” Sungyeol scratched the back of his head.

“Oh, mianhae,” Minhwan pouted.

Sungyeol cracked a small smile, “It’s alright, don’t worry about.”

“Finally we got our order!!” Nichkhun cried.

Sungyeol, Nicole, and Minhwan laughed at him.

Myungsoo smiled, “He wouldn’t shut up on how hungry he was and why it was taking so long.”

“Well at least you finally have your order now right?” Nicole giggled.

Myungsoo and Nichkhun placed their things on the table and sat back down. Nichkhun nodded and took out his food from the bag.

“My popcorn chicken is finally here,” Nichkhun took in the delicious scent.

Minhwan whined, “Yah! Sharing is caring.”

“I never said I wasn’t sharing, so chill out,” Nichkhun popped some in his mouth before placing the rest in the middle of the table.

Myungsoo took one and bit it, “Oh by the way Nicole, I forgot to give you something when we met up before.”

“Hmm?” Nicole looked at him as she furrowed her eyebrows.

Myungsoo got up and grabbed her wrist, “Yeah, so come on. We will be right back.”

He dragged Nicole out of the store, leaving the 3 boys stunned. They walked to where he parked his motorcycle.  Nicole stood beside the motorcycle and looked at him.

“So what did you want to give me?” Nicole asked.

Myungsoo released Nicole’s wrist and turned around to look at her face to face.

He smirked, “You really thought that I was going to give you something?”

“Bwoh?” she looked at him confused.

Myungsoo looked at her with cold eyes, “Who was that guy?”

“You mean Sungyeol?”

“Yeah,” Myungsoo answered.

“He’s a friend, wae?”

“Really, then friends could almost kiss you and hold hands?” he said with a slight of anger in his tone.

“Bwoh?!” Nicole blushed as she looked at him with a shock look.

Myungsoo smirked, “You really think that no one saw you?”

“Nothing happened! He was just teasing me!” Nicole quickly replied.

He walked a bit closer to her, “Chincha? Does that mean I could do that to you?”

Nicole stepped back a bit, “Ani~ “

Myungsoo started to come closer which made Nicole sit on his motorcycle seat as she was trying to step away from him. He trapped her with both of his arms placed on the sides of her, making it impossible for her to escape.

“Then who is he?”

Nicole gulped and hesitantly said, “He’s my ex-boyfriend.”

Myungsoo eyes widened as Nicole rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly.

“Mianhae,” Myungsoo caressed Nicole’s cheek.

Nicole forced a smile and removed his hand, “So yeah, he just so happened to be in Seoul so he wanted to meet up again.”

Myungsoo bit his lip, “Do you still like him?”

“A-,“ Nicole was about to answer but paused.

She kept asking herself the same question but couldn’t answer it. She wanted to say no but her mind wouldn’t let her.

Do I still like him? I don’t know...

 


Finished updating, finally!! xD I'm sorry for not updating every week so I'll try to make it up to you guys >.< so please be patient with me since when it's summer = me being lazy.. :P I am now narrowing down the choices for Nicole's suitors to four. The choices are now: Myungsoo, Sungyeol, Woohyun, and ???. Please tell me which guy you want the last suitor to be. Thank you!!~ 

@maixee @xreirax @ronniesmiles @RMaddict @IIVAYY @kepohtricia @aremoyoona @bbcare @Rainedrop @ASZCOLE @cherryx3 @Catalina390 @nfn1998 @PIcali @candy_ellia @dynamo @kid0203 @happyasflower @woonilove @annabelle7 @nekotaku @RealShawol99 @2perfectJ @SweetMelody123 @stupidjisun @graszny @seductive_fairy @syrerawr @MI12rotic @Cherrynamie @leaf04 @Unnie4 @leedarane @maknaejiren @Tingeling @kpopluv_103 @saesang @minaxria  SARANGHAEYO <3 

Please comment or subscribe! ^^

I'm fangirling over Sungyeol x Nicole interaction x)) It's actually real :) Woot!~ 

Et6DP.gif hv7zn5.jpgomgcake