23

A Dancer's Secret

~ Author's POV ~

She smiled at the brown haired male in front of her and said, “Please take care of me for the next two weeks then, Woohyun Hyung.”

He simply nodded and opened the folded paper that wrote their room number and additional schedules. Feeling a sudden tug from his sleeve, he looked at the two identical figures that were the source of the pull.

“Switch with us!” they said in sync.

Surprised by the sudden request, Woohyun stuttered, “U-uh I don’t know.” He didn’t mind switching, as long as he gets a comfy bed to sleep on then he’s fine. From the corner of his eyes, he saw Nic was also surprised by the twins’ request.

“You guys are not allowed to switch,” the teacher interrupted them, stating it very firmly.

The twins looked at the teacher, pouting cutely, “Wae? Last year we were allowed to.” Hoping the teacher would change his mind, it wouldn’t hurt to try acting cute.

“That was last year and now is this year, so the answer is no,” the teacher didn’t seem to fall for the trick.  He left the four alone, carrying on with assigning the rooms to everyone.

As soon as the older male left, Woohyun scratched his head awkwardly, “Mianhae, I guess I can’t switch with you guys.”

“It’s alright since it isn’t your fault. It’s just that teacher is too stingy,” Yongmin grumbled with his brother agreeing with him.

“Why do you guys want to switch with me anyways?” Woohyun asked out of curiosity.

Kwangmin’s eyes gleamed with mischievous as he cheekily smiled, “We heard something interesting about Nic before, like how he sleeps and waking him up.”

“YAH!” Nicole yelled, she felt her cheeks burn up.

Woohyun couldn’t help but chuckle at them, they were funny. “Don’t worry, I don’t know what they are talking about,” he said while patting the top of Nic’s head lightly. A pout formed on her lips, even though he said that, it didn’t make her feel better.

The two gathered their belongings so they could head up to their room. Nicole approached her brother, who was holding her suitcase for her, and told him the details about the room she’s staying in.

“Be careful ok?” he warned her, whispering in her right ear.

Nicole nodded before catching up with Woohyun, who was already heading towards the elevators. Pulling along her suitcase, she stood beside him and waited for the elevator to come. There was an awkward silence between the two; both their eyes were on the screen on top that would say which floor the cart is on.

Nicole forced a cough and cleared . “So,” she began, “do you think there will be two beds in the room?”

“Most likely,” Woohyun answered, “since last time there was enough beds for every room.” He shifted his neck so his eyes were on her, “Why do you kick or something?”

“Ani!” she loudly spoke, obviously answering way too quickly for it to sound like the truth. Her face felt like it was heating up, making her shift her gaze at the incoming males that had just gotten their rooms also.

“Nic, Woohyun!” Yoseob called them, following behind him with Kevin.

The two looked at their direction and greeted them with a nod and smile. Nicole was a bit happy that they came, saving her from embarrassing herself. Kevin pulled his suitcase along and stood beside her while Yoseob stood next to Woohyun.

Kevin looked at his sister with a small smile and whispered, “We are on the same floor.”

She flashed a smile back at him as the splash of relief went down her body. I can always rely on you can’t I she thought to herself, grateful to have a caring sibling. The elevator dinged and the doors slid open, allowing the four to enter the carrier. Pushing their floor number, the door automatically closed and it started to rise up. Usually there would be elevator music to fill in the awkward silence but it seems that this hotel doesn’t have it.

“So,” Yoseob began, “after we set our things in our rooms, why don’t we go to the beach? Nichkhun and the others are going too.”

Nicole clasped her hands together, nodding automatically, “I’ll come! It’s been a long time since we’ve been to a beach right Kevin?”

He nervously nodded and bit his lip, “But we never remembered to bring our swimsuits in the beginning so we’ll just watch you guys in the sand.” Kevin secretly nudged his sister, giving her the remember-you-are-a-girl face.

“O-oh yeah, we’ll just play in the sand. What about you, Woohyun Hyung?” Nicole quickly covered up her stuttering and stared at the quiet male.

Woohyun waved his hands and replied, “I’m going to rest at the room, you guys have fun.”

The elevator dinged, alarming the four that they have reached their floor. With the doors sliding open, one by one they stepped out of the elevator as they pulled their baggage along. Yoseob’s and Kevin’s room was at the right hallway down while Nic’s and Woohyun’s was at the opposite direction. Quickly deciding that they would meet near the elevators, they went to their rooms. Nicole took out the key and placed it in the slot to access in the room but each time she did it, the light would flash red instead of green. Woohyun noticed the frustration in her face as she furrowed her eyebrows together, hovering the lock on the door.

“Here,” Woohyun couldn’t stay quiet anymore. He placed his hand over hers and slid the card in, taking it back out. “You were just going too fast.”

Nicole smiled sheepishly as she gave a small nod. Noticing the lock flash a green light, she turned the knob slowly and opened the door to their hotel room. The fresh smell of a clean hotel room filled up their noses as they entered the room. Pulling their luggage into the room, Woohyun closed the door behind him and began to take off his shoes near the door.

“Wah!” he heard Nic exclaimed loudly. “Lucky, we have two beds!~”

Nicole began to jump on her bed, excited to finally sleep on a soft bed since she started her school year at Korea. In her dorm room, her bed is rather stiff compared to the one she sleeps at California. She spotted Woohyun moving their luggage towards the bathroom, making her rush towards him to help. In the corner of her eye she saw him chuckling at her, making her face feel hot. After settling their things, she hurriedly changed into her swimsuit that was covered with a pair of shorts and baggy blue t shirt. Coming out, she examined the closets in the room to find any sandals or open toe shoes she could use.

“Nic,” Woohyun called her, “the hotel prepared chocolates for us!”

Her focus on finding shoes vanished as she sprinted towards him; her love for chocolate is no joke. She was already happy about the fact they got chocolates but the amount made her smile nonstop. In Woohyun’s hand was a box full of chocolates, probably about 15. She was about to grab one once he opened it, but her hand was swiped away by him.

“You’re going swimming, so no chocolates for you,” Woohyun waved his finger, disapprovingly.

A pout formed on her lips, she knew it was true but the sight of the candy was too tempting. She was about to retort but was interrupted by the knocking sound in front of their door.

“I’ll get it,” Woohyun stated, the chocolate box still in his hands.

Nicole trailed behind him and greeted her brother and Yoseob that just arrived at the front door. Yoseob was wearing blue swim trunks with a grey shirt while Kevin wore his black swim trunks with a red t shirt. Hanging on their shoulders was a towel, causing Nicole to rush towards the bathroom to grab one for herself.

“Nic,” Yoseob called out, throwing a pair of sandals in front of her, “I had extra sandals you could borrow.”

She mentally face palmed herself, how could she forget. Thanking him, she wore it to find the big difference to his feet to hers. There was a 4 inch gap from her heel to the end of the sandal. Woohyun stared at her feet, bursting out in laughter. Nicole shyly bit her lip and punched his arm.

“What are you laughing at?!”

Woohyun pointed at her feet and looked at Yoseob, “Puahaha, it’s like a little girl trying on her mother’s high heels.”

The moment he said the word “girl” the tension between Kevin, Yoseob, and Nicole built up in their body. Giving awkward glances towards each other, they forcefully laughed along with him. After discussing when they will get back, the three bid their goodbyes to Woohyun.

“You better not eat all the chocolates or I’ll kill you,” Nicole yelled down the hallway, pointing her two fingers at him.

Woohyun stuck his tongue out and replied, “No promises!” He automatically closed the hotel room door before Nicole could even say anything else to him.

She puffed her cheeks out and looked at her friends, “You guys better remind me to kill Woohyun Hyung once we get back.”

“No problem,” Kevin smiled, patting her head.

The three went down to the lobby, exited the hotel, and made their way to the beach. They could already hear the familiar voices of three males nagging at each other. Following the direction where it was coming from, they spotted a tall muscular male towering over two identical males that was under an umbrella with another male that was lying down, relaxing.

“Nichkhun,” Yoseob yelled, grabbing his attention, “we just got here and you’re nagging at people already?”

He groaned in response, “These two idiots keep on making lies.”

Yoseob began to lecture him as soon as he set his things onto the ground. Nicole and Kevin followed behind and placed their things next to the others’ stuff. The twins came towards them and examined Nicole from head to toe, releasing a loud sigh from their mouths. She looked at them with bewilderment and looked at Kevin if he knew why they sighed, which he just shrugged his shoulders.

“I’ll be right back,” Nicole turned and pointed to a shack, “I want to check something out.” The three males watch her run off, leaving them in silence.

“She really doesn’t seem to be worried,” Kwangmin spoke, Youngmin nodded in agreement. Kevin just looked at them weirdly, not understanding what they meant. Judging by the way they answered him, the twins probably read his facial expression.

“Woohyun and Nic rooming together,” the twins bluntly spoke in sync.

Shaking his head, Kevin rubbed the back of his neck, “Don’t bring that up, I don’t like it either.”

“Hey,” a voice greeted them.

Their heads turned around in sync, finding a black haired male coming towards them with a towel and bag in his hands.

“Myungsoo,” Youngmin waved, gesturing him to come over, “what took you so long?”

He scratched the back of his head and said, “Mianhae, I had to set everything up and find my swimsuit.” Placing his things near the umbrella, he pointed at the brown haired male that had his eyes closed as if he was sleeping. Kwangmin just waved his hands and simply told him he just wanted to rest for a while. “So,” Myungsoo stood beside them, “where’s Nic?”

He’s at the shack, getting something I think,” Kevin answered, his gaze at the waves in front of him.

“Guys, look what I got!” they heard Nicole’s voice calling towards them. In her hands was a bucket with a shovel in it and a tube around her body.

Youngmin sighed at the sight of her, “If only if she wore a normal swim suit right?”

The four looked at the female, imagining her in a regular swimsuit with long, brown hair swaying back and forth as she ran to them. Sighs escaped their mouths, their eyes still on the female coming towards them to their distaste in guyish attire.

Snapping out of the thought, Kevin angrily scolded them, “Don’t you dare think like that towards my little sister, that’s dirty.”

The twins evilly giggled, “Says the one that was thinking it also.”

Kevin blushed and shook his head in denial, “You too, Kim Myungsoo!”

“Alright alright, mian mian,” Myungsoo waved his hands up as if he gave up.

Reaching them, Nicole smiled innocently, completely unaware of the situation. She pushed the tub down to the ground and held the shovel and bucket in separate hands. “I’m going to collect some shells and bring it back to the dorm room,” she excitedly announced.

The four boys looked at each other and cracked a small smile. They nodded towards her, watching as she hurried off near the waves to look for shells. Going towards Yoseob and Nichkhun, who was finished getting a lecture, they began to sit under the umbrella and talk for a while. A few minutes passed and the boys decided to get into the water while Myungsoo looked for shells with Nicole.

“Ah,” Nicole exclaimed, placing a new found shell in the bucket, “I found another one.”

Myungsoo laughed at her reaction, it was as if it was her first time coming to the beach. “Nicole, just how much are you planning on bring back?”

She shrugged, her eyes planted onto the sand floor, “I’ll bring the top 5 best looking shells, wae?”

“Cause I think you have enough,” Myungsoo pointed at the half filled bucket next to them. 

“Better than having nothing,” Nicole spoke, sounding rather intelligent.

Myungsoo pursued his lips and nodded, agreeing with her. He continued to search for more shells around him. “Oh,” Myungsoo said, “Nic come over here.”

Obeying, she walked towards him, noticing he was holding something in his right hand. She was told to close her eyes and to stick out her hands, which she did obediently. Feeling a cold item placed on her hand, she waited till she was allowed to open her eyes.

“Ok, open,” Myungsoo smiled, as he watched a wide smile curve on her pink lips.

“Oh my gosh!” Nicole exclaimed in English. “It’s a shape of a heart.” She gently placed the shell on top of the others in the bucket. “Gomawo,” Nicole thanked with an eye smile, “I’ll definitely keep this.”

Myungsoo continued to watch at the short haired female who once again searching for more shells, not caring if her hair was partly a mess because of the wind and sand. Extending his arm towards her cheek, he brushed a streak of wet sand away from her face. Their gaze locked together for a few seconds, but was quickly broken when someone secretly picked her up.

“Yah!” she yelped, trying to sound as manly as possible, but who could still sound manly when you yelping?

A strong framed male picked her up, throwing her over his shoulder like a flour sack. She noticed his footsteps going closer to the water, then in a split second the cold contact of freezing salt water came towards her skin. Coming up from the water, she heard and watched her friends laugh hysterically at her.

Minhwan, who came to join a couple minutes earlier, high fived Nichkhun, “That was awesome! Nic, your reaction was priceless.”

Puffing out her cheeks, she stared at brother who was recovering from the incident. I thought you were supposed to help me here? she thought. Revenge starts now. She noticed that the bottom of the sea floor was pretty deep, creating a magnificent idea. “Help!” she screamed, kneeling down onto the floor and waving her hands up in the water.

The group of males were shocked at first, not knowing what to do or thinking if it was real. The twins were the first one to react, being closest to her, they swam towards her but to find themselves being pushed down into the water while Nicole was up breathing the fresh sea air.

“Joking,” Nicole smiled, seeing the faces of relief from the other latters while the twins came up screaming.

“Yah!” they yelled in sync. “Why did you do that for?”

Sticking her tongue out, she replied, “That’s what you get for throwing me in here.”

“But Nichkhun Hyung did it,” Youngmin whined, splashing water towards Nicole but was quickly dodged and hit Nichkhun.

“Why did you splash water towards me?!”

Kwangmin chipped in and helped his brother by splashing water at the male also. “Because you’re the one who did it and Nic is blaming us for it!”

Nichkhun splashed a giant amount of water at the twins compared to their team work that some parts of his attack ended up hitting in Yoseob face. Before you knew it a whole splashing war began. Nicole dived into the water and swam towards Kevin’s direction, going behind him. Jumping onto his shoulders, she dragged him down to the water, surprising him. He wiped his face with his hands as soon as he came up.

“What was that for?”

“That’s for not saving me!” she cheekily answered and continued to splash water at him.

From her right ear, she heard Myungsoo cry out for help before he was splashed into the water by Nichkhun also. A few hours passed and the crew decided to go back to the hotel since it was getting late. Nicole was 3 feet behind because she had to return the supplies to the shack. Passing through a crowd of people, she tripped on her sandals that were too big for her feet. She quickly balanced herself but bumped into a male in the process.

“Mianhae!” she quickly apologized, not even glancing at the male she bumped into. Nicole continued to walk as if nothing happened, with her items in her hands.

The latter continued to stare at her, forming a thin line on his lips. “Hongki,” he called out one of his friends. “Who’s that?” He pointed at the almost disappearing figure that was being covered by the amount of people.

“Oh, that’s Nic,” his friend answered him, just in time to see just before she could disappear.

After catching up with her friends, the group walked down the port together, talking about the upcoming activities that school was planning. She was talking to her brother when she felt a tap on her shoulder, making her turn her head.

Myungsoo placed his shirt in front of Nicole, “Here.” He saw the confused expression forming on her face. His eyes looked down, gesturing her to look, which she did. An o shape formed on as she took the clothing from him.

“Thanks,” she mouthed as she quickly slipped his shirt over her wet clothing that was almost getting seen through.

 

She slid the key into the slot and slowly opened it, scared she might disturb the sleeping Woohyun. Closing the door softly behind her, she threw her things onto the counter and tip toed into the room to find Woohyun sound asleep next to the box of chocolates. Chocolate time Nicole excitedly walked towards the box to find nothing inside it anymore. By instinct, she shook Woohyun’s shoulder, trying to wake him up.

“Yah, Nam Woohyun!” Nicole yelled. “You better wake up!”

He began to stir a little as his eyes opened slightly, a groan escaped his mouth. Being the determine person she is, Nicole continued to shake him unknowing what she might’ve got herself into. Woohyun slowly sat up from his bed and stared at her with narrow eyes.

Pointing to the chocolate next to the lamp, Nicole angrily spoke, “You better have a good explanation for not even saving a single chocolate for me!”

His dark brown eyes just continued to stare at her until she was no longer touching the carpet floor and her back was against the white soft sheets of the bed. Their faces were just a few inches apart compared to before. Nicole knew in these kinds of situation she should try to get out of it as soon as possible, so she began to squirm and push his arms away from hers. The more she did it, the stronger he held onto her. She mentally face palmed herself for thinking Woohyun isn’t really strong but she now knows that he’s stronger than he looks like.

After constant struggling, Nicole was tired and her breathing was uneven. She used too much of her energy at the beach to have enough to take on a built male. Being pressed against the mattress, she knew that she was in an obvious disadvantage and the more she struggled the stronger his grip on her wrist increased. Staring at his eyes, she just hoped that Woohyun would come back to his senses. Coming closer and closer towards her, she tried to call out for help but her voice seemed to have disappeared at the time she needed it.

“Please..” she muttered, her voice cracked in between. Shutting her eyelids forcibly, Nicole embraced whatever that maybe coming at her. Instead of feeling something on her lips, to her relief she felt a warm touch on her cheek. Opening her eyes again she found Woohyun, passed out, kissing her right cheek. She blushed and tried to push him off of her body but moved his head near her neck instead. With his body on top of her’s and feeling his warm breath near her neck, she prayed for someone to come help her. A few minutes passed and the sound of Woohyun’s faint breathing as well air conditioner filled the room.

“Nic!”

It seems her prayers were answered because she spotted a blonde hair entering the room. Her heart jumped in relief, she was finally saved from this moment.

“Help! Me!” she yelled more like ordered, gesturing to the body on her.

The latter lifted Woohyun off of her and tucked him back into the covers, looking like he was always sleeping. Jumping off from the bed, she massaged her back and thanked her savior.

“Thank you Kevin,” Nicole hugged him, completely wiped out from the situation.

Kevin just nodded as he rubbed her back. “Just what happened here?” he asked, definitely curious to why he found Nicole in that position.

Shrugging her shoulders, Nicole pointed at Woohyun and said, “I’m not sure. He ate all the chocolates so I tried to wake him up and then all of a sudden I was in that situation.”

“Wait,” Kevin placed his hand in front of him, “he ate all the chocolates?”

Nodding, Nicole pointed to the empty box near the lamp, “Yeah he did, not even saving a single piece for me.”

Kevin grabbed the chocolate box and examined the cover as well back. He swiftly read it and pointed to a line on the back of the box. “He’s drunk,” Kevin stated, absolutely positive that he was correct.

Nicole leaned in and read the line he pointed at, “One of the ingredients is wine.” She walked towards Woohyun and pulled his jaw open. Then the sudden woof of alcohol made her cough, “Definitely drunk.” She turned to her brother, pointing at the sleeping male, “What are we going to do with him?”

“How about we wait till he wakes up and kill him?” Kevin deviously smiled.

Nicole laughed and gave a thumb up, “Yes we shall!”

“Excuse me but is Nic-shi here?” a voice interrupted them along with the sound of a knock against the wooden door.

Nicole looked at Kevin before walking down towards the front door to stop midway. Her body froze while her mind went blank. She already felt her heartbeat quicken its pace as she stared at the latter standing in the doorway.

“Nic, what’s wron—,” Kevin began to ask as he followed behind her but closed his mouth shut as soon as he saw the figure in the doorway.

The latter gave a small bow as a small smile formed on his lips, “Oh, what a surprise. It’s been a while hasn’t it Kevin-ah? Do you mind if I could talk to Nic-shi for a while?”

Nicole looked back at her brother, giving him the say-no face. Kevin quickly glanced at her and the male back and forth, obviously baffled by the situation himself. Biting his lips, he took a quick look at the sleeping male in bed and turned back around.

“Yeah it’s been a while huh?” Kevin began, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck. “I need to talk to Woohyun anyways so I’ll just wait for him to wake up.” He watched as his sister’s eyes widened in shock and disbelief, questioning him as if he lost his mind. Shrugging his shoulders, he knew that she would have go through this position sooner or later. “Nic, you could go talk to Sungyeol Hyung.”

What will happen between Kevin and Woohyun? What does Sungyeol want from Nic? Find out in the next chapter!~ 

Preview:

“Why didn’t you tell me?!” he raised his voice as he trapped her between his long arms.

The female stayed quiet, but her gaze was fierce as it stayed in contact with the male. They were in the staircases that were obviously never used by guests, so it was rather private and quiet.

“Because..” she began to answer.

 

He held his head as the after effect played its role. Sitting up, he leaned against the top of the bed and faced himself to the male across the room from him, sitting in a chair near the table.

“She was my first crush,” the latter carefully spoke, looking out at the window that showed the open view of the beach below them. 

 


Author's Note

Annyeong!~ I'm very sorry for a really late update, but as you can see I'm always late on updates aren't I? ( >_< ) I'll try my best to update as soon as possible. Thank you to annabelle7 for giving me your opinion, I'll be adding previews to the upcoming chapters for now. I tried to add a bit MyungCole & WooCole for everyone, since it seemed like there wasn't enough scenes for them. Sorry if there were some scenes that were rushed. Thanks to the subscribers and commenters!~ Don't be shy to comment, your comments gives me the energy to continue writing. 

Happy Chinese New Years everyone!~