17

A Dancer's Secret

~ Author’s POV ~

Nicole looked at Kevin to see if he had any ideas on what to do.

“Who’s Sungyeol?” Yoseob asked, totally clueless.

“Sungyeol is..” Kevin trailed off, trying to find the right words.

Nicole sighed, “He was my first boyfriend.”

Yoseob looked at Nicole, “Mianhae,”

“It’s fine, don’t worry about it,” Nicole assured him and turned to Kevin, “What am I going to do? He wants to meet right now!”

“Bwoh?” Kevin looked at her confused.

Nicole took out her phone and showed him the message that Gyuri sent her a moment ago.

From Gyuri:

Yah Nicole-ah!! Seungyeol is here!! He wants to meet you right now!! Hurry up I don’t want to stay here much longer, so awkward (TT ^ TT) Fighting!~

Kevin paced around his room a bit as he tried thinking of an idea. Yoseob sat on his bed trying to help too with the problem.

“How about you just go meet him as Nicole and just go from there. He might just want to talk to you or something. And if he asks you why you are here, just tell him you wanted to study oversea and decided to go to the that all-girls school next to us,” Yoseob suggested.

Kevin nodded in agreement, “Yeah you should but remember to never tell him the truth ok? He always at keeping secrets.”

“Of course,” Nicole smiled.

Kevin smiled back at her and ruffled her hair, “Now go change and get your over there.”

“Good luck,” Yoseob gave her hwaiting sign.

Nicole giggled, “Neh, Annyeong!”

Nicole exited out of the room and walked back to her dorm room. She grabbed a pair of blue shorts and a white t-shirt that had and said “Cookie Monster”. She then went to the bathroom to change and putted on her long brown extensions. After putting them on, she walked out and grabbed a pair of black converse. She then walked out of the dorm and walked to the school next door. Being a few feet away from the front gate, she could already see Gyuri’s long flowing blonde hair that was getting her face because of the wind.

“Gyuri Unni!” Nicole waved and ran towards her.

“Nicori!~” Gyuri hugged her and gave her a small smile.

“Nicole,” a familiar voice greeted.

She turned around to see Sungyeol smiling,”Annyeong.”

He smiled wider as he looked at her from head to toe.

“Bwoh? Is there something wrong,” Nicole questioned and smiled a bit.

“Ani, you look even cuter than the last time I saw you,” Sungyeol smirked.

Nicole lightly hit his arm, “Are you saying I wasn’t cute, the last time you saw me?”

Sungyeol laughed, “Ani, you were cute still the last time I saw you.”

“Hmm… So why did you want to see me?” Nicole asked.

Sungyeol putted him hands in his pocket and looked at the floor, “I wanted to say hi and maybe have a chat somewhere.”

“Umm… I..” Nicole didn’t know what to say so she looked at Gyuri, who just shrugged,” I guess I could.”

Sungyeol had a wide smile, “Great! I know this really good store that sells tasty boba.”

“Ok then. Let’s go then,” Nicole smiled and waved at Gyuri, “See you later then Unni!”

“Annyeong, it was nice seeing you again,” He waved at Gyuri.

“Yeah, same here. Have fun,” Gyuri smiled and waved.  She then secretly mouthed to Nicole ‘Good luck!’

Sungyeol and Nicole started to walk as soon as they said bye to Gyuri.

“So where is this shop?” Nicole asked.

“About 2 blocks from here, it isn’t too far for you right? I don’t need to carry again right?” Seungyeol teased.

Those words brought back memories that made Nicole blushed, “Yah!!”

~ Flashback: 2 Years Ago ~

Nicole was walking to the park where she was supposed to meet her new boyfriend, Sungyeol. She meet Sungyeol a year ago because he was one of Eunhyuk (Gyuri’s ex-boyfriend)’s best friends. One day, Sungyeol decided to tag along with Eunhyuk, Gyuri, Kevin, and her at the park to hang out. It soon hit off from there. Seungyeol was nice, funny, cute, and caring towards others. Soon Nicole fell for him and confessed her feelings towards him. He accepted and they then had a new relationship. Today was their first date so Nicole tried to look nice but Gyuri went overboard with the dressing up. She gave Nicole a blue shirt that showed off her smooth shoulders and collarbone, a pair of high heels, and curled her hair (STEP hair style). The only thing that Nicole was able to keep was her pair of shorts. Because of her heels, the toes started to hurt so as soon as she saw a bench, she quickly sat on it. She took out her phone to check what time it was.

“2:15, where is he? It’s a Saturday, did something happen?” Nicole thought to herself as she looked around the park for him.

“Looking for me?” a voice whispered in her right ear.

She jumped a bit as she turned around to see Sungyeol behind her with an ear to ear grin plastered on his face.

“Yah, are you trying to scare me?” Nicole pouted.

Sungyeol giggled, “Mian mian. You were just too cute when you were looking for me.”

“I-I wasn’t looking for you, what are you talking about,” Nicole lied as she tried to hide her embarrassment.

Sungyeol gave her a ‘oh yeah sure’ look, “Mmhmm. Then I guess you were looking for another guy then I’m going to go.”

Nicole quickly grabbed his arm, “Wait!”

“Hmm?” Sungyeol looked at her.

“Ok.. Maybe I was looking for you,” Nicole scratched the back of her head awkwardly as she stared at the floor.

Sungyeol laughed and ruffled her hair, “Aigoo, you’re so cute. I was just teasing you.”

“Hey! Fine then I guess I’m leaving then,” Nicole marched away as she puffed out her cheeks.

He laughed at her childish behavior and ran to her and grabbed her hand.

“Where does my girlfriend think she’s going?” He looked at her in the eye as he smirked.

“Home if we aren’t going anywhere,” Nicole stuck her tongue at him.

Sungyeol pulled her to the opposite direction, “Then let’s go somewhere then.”

After a few minutes, they walked 2 blocks already, still holding hands.

“Oppa, where are we going,” Nicole asked, already feeling her feet going numb.

Sungyeol smiled gently, “I want us to go to this café, don’t worry it’s just 2 more blocks away, wae?”

“Nothing, I was just wondering,” Nicole forced a small smile.

Sungyeol noticed her smile and frowned, “Really what’s wrong?”

“Ani, it’s nothing really,” Nicole assured.

They started to walk more, but soon Nicole’s feet couldn’t take it anymore which made her collapse.

“Nicole, are you ok?” Sungyeol sounding worried.

“Yeah but can we take a rest?” Nicole bit her lip.

Sungyeol nodded and helped her getting to the nearest bench around them.

“Thanks.”

“I knew something was up. What’s wrong?” Sungyeol sat next to her.

Nicole didn’t know if she should tell him so she kept silent.  Sungyeol knew that she wouldn’t say anything because of her personality so he started to think and examine her.

“Let me see your feet,” Sungyeol said, sounding like an order.

“W-wae?” Nicole nervously asked.

Sungyeol knew he got the answer right since Nicole only stuttered if she was nervous. He started to take off her shoes to see Nicole’s feet red and bruised.

“How come you didn’t tell me?” He asked trying not to sound angry.

“I didn’t want to be a burden,” Nicole feeling a lump in , “I wanted our first date to go well.”

Sungyeol spotted a tear in her eyes and smiled at her gently. He put his hand on her knee and looked at her.

“It won’t be perfect if you are hurting behind that cute smile of yours,” Sungyeol wiped the tears in her eye.

Nicole nodded, “Mianhae.”

He poked her head, “Don’t worry about it.”

He started to squat in front of her, “Get on.”

“Bwoh?”

“Get on my back. I’m going to carry you since you can’t walk.”

“But I still can. I just need to rest a bit.”

“I’m going to carry you,” He said sounding even more firm.

Nicole gave in and wrapped her arms around his neck and went on his back. He got up and carried her while Nicole held her high heel shoes.

“Why were you wearing high heels anyway?”

“Gyuri Unni made me.”

“Well next time I see her, I better have a talk with about how dangerous high heel are.”

Nicole laughed and rested her head on his back. They soon came in front of a clothing store and went inside. The shoppers giggled, pointed, and stared at them.

“Oppa, people are staring at us,” Nicole pouted as she blushed.

“Just let them watch, it’s no big deal,” He smirked as he walked to the shoe section.

“They look so cute!” “I wish I was her.” “It’s just like a scene in a drama!”

Sungyeol ignored the shoppers’ comments and grabbed a pair of sandals.

“Do you think these fit you?” He asked.

“Um yeah I think so, wae?” Nicole looked at him confused.

He smirked and walked to the counter and bought them. They exited out of the store and sat on a bench. He took out the blue sandals that he just bought and placed them on the floor, in front of Nicole.

“Here you go. Well, what are you waiting for? Wear them already so we could get going.”

“Bwoh! Oppa you shouldn’t have done that! I could’ve just walked bare foot or bought it myself.”

Sungyeol shook his head, “Consider it as a first date gift. Pali.”

Nicole giggled and putted on the sandals and stood up, “Ahh~ This feels so much better.”

“Great, now let’s get going,” Sungyeol grabbed Nicole’s old shoes in his left hand and held her left hand with his free hand.

Nicole smiled and they soon went back on their way. After a few minutes they arrived at the café and sat down at a table and ordered 2 seven-ups.

“Oppa is really the best,” Nicole eye smiled at him.

“I should get an award for all my hard work,” Sungyeol chuckled.

Nicole stood up and quickly took a peck on his lips. Sungyeol looked at her stunned by her sudden action.

“As an award,” Nicole blushed as she sat back down.

Sungyeol recovered from his shock and teased, “Wow, isn’t our Nicole brave.”

“Shut up.”

The whole date ended pretty well and soon the day was over.

~ End Of Flashback ~

“I’m not wearing high heels so don’t worry.”

After a few minutes of walking, they arrived at a shop called “Tea Station”.  

“Ladies first,” Sungyeol opened the glass door as he talked in a funny English accent.

“Why thank you,” Nicole giggled and mimicked his accent.

They laughed at each other as they walked in.

“Here or to go?” a waiter asked.

Nicole looked at Sungyeol as he said, “For here please.”

The waiter nodded and grabbed 2 menus, “Right this way please.”

They sat at the far left side corner of the store, which was next to the windows. The waiter placed their menus as they settled down.

“Do you guys want any drinks right now?” The waiter took his pad.

“2 boba milk tea please,” Sungyeol smiled.

The waiter started to write it down and excused himself.

“This is just like old time isn’t it right?” Sungyeol slightly smiled.

“Yeah,” Nicole nodded but remembered why she was here, “So what are you doing here?”

“Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you. I came here a year ago after we broke up to study at a school near here,” Sungyeol explained.

“So that’s why I didn’t see you a little later after we broke up.”

“Yeah..”

There was an awkward silence between them as Nicole played with her fingers on her lap while Sungyeol rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

“How did you find me?” she curiously asked him.

“Oh, I saw a bunch of girls talking about a girl and their crush together on a website. So I was curious and asked them what they were talking about and they showed me the picture of the boy and girl. And sure enough I saw you in the picture and asked them which school they thought you were going to. They told me and then, bam! I found you,” Sungyeol smiled.

“Ah, chincha? That picture must’ve spread like wild fire,” Nicole awkwardly laughed.

“Here are your drinks,” The waiter settled their drinks in front of them and placed 2 straws. They placed their straws in the drink and started to mix it. After drinking some, both of them ‘ah’-ed in satisfaction.

“Wow, this is really good,” Nicole complimented.

“See I told you,” Sungyeol proudly smiled, “Oh by the way, who was that guy in the picture anyway?”

“Ah, my brother set me up with a guy again,” Nicole let out a deep breath.

Sungyeol nodded, understanding the situation since he met him before also.

“What happened? He was too good looking for you?” He teased.

“Yah!” Nicole giggled.

Sungyeol laughed, “Kidding. Kidding.”

“So what did you want to talk about?” Nicole asked while her right hand was wrapped around her drink and her other on the table.

“Can we start over?” He asked firmly with a serious face as his hands wrapped around his cup.

 


Updated!! hehe x) How is this chapter?! >.< 

Thanks to all my subscribers for commenting all the time, it really motivates me a lot! <33 

Don't forget to subscribe, comment, or suggest.