seven

7 Years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey, Hyuna!" Joonyoung waved from a far when he saw his girlfriend by the gates. He was about to jog towards her when he saw her turning away from him. He was sure though she saw him. 

"Oh, is it already time?" 

Jennie walked with crossed arms over to him and sighed as she watched her bestfriend walking away. Probably heading home. "What do you mean?" Joonyoung asked and looked at Jennie. Jennie raised a brow at him before nodding towards his wrist watch. "Joonyoung-ah, tell me what date today is." She snapped her wrist in a dismissing manner back before eyeing him. "You do not know what today is?" 

"Are you kidding me?" She scoffed. Joonyoung tried really hard not to look like he saw a lunatic in Jennie Kim. But that was impossible itself. He doubted even that she understood herself. "Fine, I will tell you then, you unworthy piece of nothing." Jennie said and sighed. 

"Her rabbit died today a year ago." 

"And.. that's why she ignored me?" Joonyoung asked. Well, he did understand that it was indeed depressing but that didn't explain why she ignored him. Was it really because her pet died? 

Jennie deadpanned him before breaking out into fits of laughter. "Of course not! That's way too dramatic don't you think?" He frowned at the girl before raising a brow at her. "So.. her pet didn't die?" "Oh no, Mad Hatter did die last year. Hyuna was quite depressed about it." "What now, Jennie!" Jennie tapped her chin in a thinking manner, leaving her shenanigans aside for a while. She found it odd too when she saw Hyuna ignoring Joonyoung. 

"I think it's because of her father." Jennie said after a while. She knew Hyuna and she knew how giddy she turned when Joonyoung was around. There was no way that she would ignore him.

"Her father?" 

 

 

"Hey, Joongki! Do you want-" Kwangsoo stopped mid-sentence when he saw the get-up of his friend. "Did someone die?" He asked when he noticed the black suit of his friend. Everyone in the hallway did. Joongki slung his bag on his left shoulder before turning to Kwangsoo. "Not someone. Something." He added and walked towards the end of the hallway. Kwangsoo followed after him. He noticed the girls fawning over the good looking guy, which happened to be not him. It never was Kwangsoo. Joongki managed to look good whenever and wherever he was. Even when he was holding a memorial for a rabbit. 

"Who died?" By now they already reached the University gates. Joongki wiped his glasses off on his suit before putting them back on. "Hyuna's pet died a year ago." He informed his friend. "We're holding a memorial for him." Joongki said, truthfully. Kwangsoo formed a various of expressions before going with the frown. "W-what?" 

"Be thankful that Hyuna isn't here with us." Joongki said when he noticed Kwangsoo's trembling lips, he was about to laugh. Even by the thought of Hyuna felt Kwangsoo like shivering. He shut up right away when Joongki mentioned the name of the girl. That girl was just way too scary for her age. "Wait, you are skipping lectures because of a bunny?" Kwangsoo asked, still in disbelief that the obedient and good student Joongki was skipping because of a dead pet. "It was a rabbit, not a bunny." Joongki supplied which only added to Kwangsoo's frown. 

Joongki patted the back of Kwangsoo before leaving his friend by the gates. "He really is skipping because of a bunny." Kwangsoo said after a while. 

"It's a rabbit. Not a bunny." 

Kwangsoo flinched back when he saw Sungkyung standing beside him, obviously having heard the conversation. "W-what?" "That's what Joongki said, right?" Sungkyung titled her head to the side before looking at Kwangsoo. "I guess Joongki won't eat with us?" 

Kwangsoo turned a bit red when Sungkyung looked so intensely at him. "Well, no.. but if you want to.. we can go eat without him?" He asked, hopefully. Sungkyung's lips curled up into a smile. "That's a wonderful idea, Kwangsoo, but.. I suddenly remember that I have appointment." She didn't even wait for his response before turning on her heels. 

"It's really hard to catch you, Song Joong Ki." She muttered as she walked the path back to the University. But she wouldn't be Lee Sung Kyung, if she gave up before the battle.

 

 

Mrs Seo gave him a small smile while both sat in front of the little shrine Hyuna build up for Mad Hatter. The girl was very attached to her dead pet and even went as far as to print pics out of him, she decorated the whole living room with pictures of her rabbit. Joongki reached out to the shoe box, Hyuna had used for the shrine, and sticked the incense stick into the pink sponge. All of them dressed in black clothes as they waited for Hyuna to arrive. "I don't know what is taking her so long. She should be here by now." Mrs Seo said while glancing back at the front door. She asked them just yesterday to dress up for her dead pet and yet she is coming late even though she lectured them to not dare to come late. 

Joongki rose up from his seat pad and looked also at the front door. It didn't look like Hyuna. She worshipped Mad Hatter a lot. He still remembered the day when she first introduced Mad Hatter to him. It was also the day he earned a scar from that thing on his left arm. So, where was she? "I don't know how long I can be away from work." Mrs Seo's voice pulled him out of his thoughts and he turned to her. "How about you return first?" He suggested as he helped the woman up from the floor. "I will wait for her." 

Mrs Seo dusted her black dress a bit before looking back at Joongki. "After all the trouble we caused you." She knew that he skipped lectures just for Hyuna's sake. "Thank you, Joongki-ssi." She patted his shoulder before taking her bag as she made her way towards the entrance hall. "Aish, that girl really..." She muttered before closing the door behind her. 

Joongki stuffed his hands into his pockets before walking over to the window. "What is her really taking so long?" 

The silence started bothering him and he went and sit down in front of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter